two [ tu:] num.二,两个
two [tu:] num. 二, 两个
two [tu:] n.二,两,双
两个对等的政治实体 two equal political entities
买一送一 "two-for-one offer, buy one get one free"
双向选择 "two-way selection, referring to employer and employee choosing each other in a job market"
双向选择 two-way choice (in employment practice)
双重轨制 two-tier system ; double-track system
鹬蚌相争,渔人得利 "when the snip and the calm grapple, it is the fisherman who stands to benefit; two dogs strive for a bone, and a third runs away with it"
优势互补 (of two countries or companies) have complementary advantages
移动电话双向收费 two-way charges for cellular phones
一个中心,两个基本点 one central task, two basic points
一国两制 "One country, two systems"
Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One- and Two-Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes
单户及双户居室和厂房自动喷水灭火系统标准
Electrical Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings and Mobile Homes
单户和双户居室和移动居室的电子标准
对联 poetic couplet: two successive rhyming lines in poetry
two or several items of commission 两笔或几笔佣金
two-guard 得分后卫
是的,我带了两瓶酒。 Yes, I have two bottles of whisky.
起飞前2小时。 Two hours before departure time.
you look great today.(你今天看上去很棒。)【每天都可以用!】
you did a good job. (你干得非常好。)【国际最通用的表扬!】
we're so proud of you.(我们十分为你骄傲。)【最高级的表扬!】
i'm very pleased with your work.(我对你的工作非常满意。)【正式、真诚的赞扬!】
this is really a nice place.(这真是个好地方!)【随口就说、但效果很好的表扬!】
you're looking sharp!(你看上去真精神/真棒/真漂亮。)【与众不同的表扬!】
you always know the right thing to say. = you're very eloquent.(你总是说话得体。)【高层次的表扬!】
nice going! = you did a good job.(干得好!)【极其地道的表扬!】
the food is delicious.(好吃!)【最普通、但非常重要的表扬!】
everything tastes great.(每样东西都很美味!)
your son/daughter is so cute.(你的孩子很可爱。)【外国人绝对喜欢听的表扬!】
what an adorable baby!(多么可爱的孩子。)【只管大胆用!】
i admire your work. = i respect your work.(我对你的工作表示敬意。)【世界通用!】
you've got a great personality.(你的个性很好。)【一个非常安全的表扬!】
you have a good sense of humor.(你真幽默。)【美国人极其喜欢的表扬!】
your chinese is really surprising.(你的中文令人惊讶。)【绝对和其他人不一样的表扬!】
your english is incredible.(我真不敢相信你的英语。)【用了六星级形容词!】
you have a very successful business.(你的事业很成功。)【现代人非常喜欢听!】
you're very professional.(你非常专业。)【专业化的表扬!】
your company is very impressive.(你的公司给我留下深刻印象。)
you're so smart.(你非常聪明。)
i envy you very much.(我非常羡慕你。)
your wife is very charming.(你的妻子很有魅力!)
you two make a lovely couple.(你们真是天生的一对!)
you're really talented.(你很有天赋。)
you look nice in that color.(你穿那种颜色很好看。)
you have a good taste.(你很有品位。)
you look like a million dollars. = you look outstanding.=you look like a movie star.(你看上去帅呆了。)
a two-year hitch in the army 两年的兵役
She's been two-timing me. 她背着我和其他男人约会.
That makes two of us. 英雄所见略同
Two heads are better than one. 一人计短,二人计长
Buy any two together and save 10% off both products 一次性买俩,每个优惠10%
Buy two get one free 买二赠一
Tours take up to two hours 游程两个小时。
爱是两个人玩的双赢游戏。
Love is a game that two can play and both win.
结婚是两个人的结合:其中一个总是忘了生日而另一个从来不会忘记。
Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets.
two-stroke engine 二冲程发动机
交通规则 traffic regulation
路标 guide post
里程碑 milestone
停车标志 mark car stop
红绿灯 traffic light
自动红绿灯 automatic traffic signal light
红灯 red light
绿灯 green light
黄灯 amber light
交通岗 traffic post
岗亭 police box
交通警 traffic police
打手势 pantomime
单行线 single line
双白线 double white lines
双程线dual carriage-way
斑马线 zebra stripes
划路线机 traffic line marker
交通干线 artery traffic
车行道 carriage-way
辅助车道 lane auxiliary
双车道 two-way traffic
自行车通行 cyclists only
单行道 one way only
窄路 narrow road
潮湿路滑 slippery when wet
陡坡 steep hill
不平整路 rough road
弯路 curve road ; bend road
连续弯路 winding road
之字路 double bend road
之字公路 switch back road
下坡危险 dangerous down grade
道路交叉点 road junction
十字路 cross road
左转 turn left
右转 turn right
靠左 keep left
靠右 keep right
慢驶 slow
速度 speed
超速 excessive speed
速度限制 speed limit
恢复速度 resume speed
禁止通行 no through traffic
此路不通 blocked
不准驶入 no entry
不准超越 keep in line ; no overhead
不准掉头 no turns
让车道 passing bay
回路 loop
安全岛 safety island
停车处 parking place
停私人车 private car park
只停公用车 public car only
不准停车 restricted stop
不准滞留 restricted waiting
临街停车 parking on-street
街外停车 parking off-street
街外卸车 loading off-street
当心行人 caution pedestrian crossing
当心牲畜 caution animals
前面狭桥 narrow bridge ahead
拱桥 hump bridge
火车栅 level crossing
修路 road works
医院 hospital
儿童 children
学校 school
寂静地带 silent zone
非寂静地带 silent zone ends
交通管理 traffic control
人山人海 crowded conditions
拥挤的人 jam-packed with people
交通拥挤 traffic jam
水泄不通 overwhelm
顺挤 extrusion direct
冲挤 extrusion impact
推挤 shoved
挨身轻推 nudging
让路 give way
粗心行人 careless pedestrian
犯交通罪 committing traffic offences
执照被记违章 endorsed on driving license
危险驾驶 dangerous driving
粗心驾车 careless driving
无教员而驾驶 driving without an instructor
无证驾驶 driving without license
未经车主同意 without the owner's consent
无第三方保险 without third-party insurance
未挂学字牌 driving without a "L" plate
安全第一 safety first
轻微碰撞 slight impact
迎面相撞 head-on collision
相撞 collided
连环撞 a chain collision
撞车 crash
辗过 run over
肇事逃跑司机 hit-run driver
冲上人行道 drive onto the pavement
“两个基本点” two focal points,two of the major points of the line set by the 13th Congress of the CPC,I.e.upholding the four cardinal principles and the policies reFORM,opening to the outside world and invigorating domestic economy。
dual/two channel distribution systems 双重分销系统
two-sided presentations 双向信息陈述
""One Country, Two Systems"" “一国两制”
two-tier system 两层架构
There are two reasons for the improvement in people's living conditions. In the first place, we have been carrying out the reform and opening-up policy. Secondly, there has been a rapid expansion of our national economy. Furthermore, the birth rate has been put under control.
人民生活状况的改善原因有两点。首先,我们一直在贯彻执行改革开放政策。其次,国民经济正在迅速发展,而且出生率已经得到控制。
As a popular saying goes, "everything has two sides." Now the public are benefiting more and more from scientific and technological inventions. On the other hand, the progress of science and technology is bringing us a lot of trouble. People in many countries are suffering from public hazards.
常言道:事情总是一分为二的。如今人们从科技发明中得到越来越多的好处。另一方面,科技进步也给我们带来了许多麻烦。现在许多国家 的人民饱受公害之苦。
ki11 two birds with one stone
一箭双雕
by ones and twos
两两地,零零落落地
Two heads are better than one.
三个臭皮匠胜过诸葛亮。
One focus, two basic points 一个中心,两个基本点
one country, two systems 一国两制
2套
two kits
二冲程发动机
two-stroke engine
二冲程循环
two-stroke cycle
双腔并动化油器
two-barrel dual carburetor
双腔分动化油器
two-barrel duplex carburetor
两万向节滑动的传动轴
two -joint inboard slip ddiveshaft
两万向节外侧滑动传动轴
two joint ouboard slip drive shaft
双速主减速器
two speed final drive
行星齿轮式双速主减速器
two speed planetary final drive
双级双速主减速器
two speed double reduction final drive
It is said he has secret love affairs with two women!
据说他背地里和两个女人有关系!
The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar, and familiar things new.
作家最吸引人的两种力量,是使新鲜的事物变得熟悉,和使熟悉的事物变得新鲜。
The two powers which in my opinion constitute a wise man are those of bearing and forbearing.
在我看来,造就智者的两种力量是忍受和克制。
There are two ways of spreading light: To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.
散布光的方法有两种:当蜡烛或者当反射烛光的镜子。
An informal survey shows that what most people wanted for Christmas was two more weeks to prepare for it.
一项非正式调查显示,大多数人圣诞节想要的东西是再给两个星期准备过节。
Two delusions fostered by higher education are that what is taught corresponds to what is learned, and that it will somehow pay off in money.
高等教育造成了两种错觉,一是教的东西就等于学到的东西,二是它总会通过某种方式以金钱回报。
As a researcher perhaps two characters are most essential, one is love for sciences, the other is curiosity.
作为研究人员有两种品质也许是最基本的:一是对科学的热爱,一是对事物的好奇心。
There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate; when he can't afford it and when he can.
人的一生中有两个时候不应投机:投机不起的时候和投机得起的时候。
Envy is more difficult to eliminate than hate between two people.
在两个人之间,忌妒比仇恨更难消除。
Of the two possibilities, the former is more likely.
在两者之中,前者可能性更大。
He has a gap between his two front teeth.
他的两个门牙之间有一缺口。
Learning a foreign language helps us bridge the gap between two different cultures.
学习外语有助于缩小不同文化间的差距。
This music group has four musicians, two men and two women.
这个乐队有四名音乐师,两名男的,两名女的。
The two reports are precisely the same.
两个陈述一模一样。
I can't make up my mind between these two dishes that the restaurant offers.
饭店供应的这两道菜到底选哪一道,我拿不定主意。
His client was a middle-aged man who lost his wife two months ago.
他的当事人是一位两个月前丧偶的男性。
I can't relate the two ideas.
我不能把这两个观点联系起来。
The two hotels are both excellent establishments.
这两家宾馆都是优秀企业。
He broke his leg, and as a result, he had to be away from school for two or three months.
他腿断了,此他只好两三个月不上学。
He took part in a street combat in which two people were killed.
他参与了一起街头打斗,打斗中两个人被打死。
For two months the city was surrounded by enemy forces, and no supplies could be brought in.
这座城市被敌人围困了两个月,任何供应都不能送进城。
He believes it is a sin for two people to live together without being married.
他认为未婚同居是罪孽。
He asked me to come to the station and identify these two robbers in the photos they kept.
他让我到警局去从他们弄到的照片上辩认那两个疑犯。
The contrast between the two ideas is sharp.
这两种想法的差异很明显。
The two small shops combined to make a large one.
这两个小店合并起来成为一个大商店。
The two major political parties have combined to form a government.
两个主要政党已经联合起来组成了政府。
After two months' intensified course, he could write down the teacher's lecture in English.
经过二个月的强化训练,他已用英语记下老师的讲课内容了。
The lake forms part of the boundary between the two countries.
这湖成了两国的部分边界。
Mr. Smith instructed his men that they only got two days to finish all the work.
史密斯先生通知手下,他们只有两天时间来完成全部任务。
The two sides have reached an understanding.
双方达成了一项谅解。
He tied a knot with the two ropes to make one long rope.
他把两根绳子打了个结连成一根长绳子。
These two countries have been friendly and remained at peace for hundreds of years.
这两国一向友好相处,几百年没有发生过战争。
The two men exchanged blows.
两个人打架。
Trade between the two countries was interrupted by the war.
战争使两国间的贸易中断了。
He estimated that the journey would take two hours.
他估计旅程需要两个小时。
The meetings of the officials have promoted good exchanges between the two countries.
两国官员的会晤增进了两国间的有益交流。
When the teacher saw the two students talking during the exam, she assumed they were discussing the answers and got angry.
当老师发现两个学生在考试中交谈时,就以为他们在讨论答案,为此很生气。
The company has promoted her twice in the last two years.
公司在去年提升了她二次。
The two buildings are two hundred meters apart.
这两栋楼房相隔两百米。
You have confused the meanings of the two words.
你把这两个单词的意义弄混淆了。
Before we commence again, let me give you a word or two of advice.
在我们开始之前,我给你提一点建议。
The two houses stand apart and there is a path between them wide enough for two cars to pass at the same time.
两栋房子隔着一段距离,中间有条道路,其宽度足可以同时通过两辆轿车。
The two sportsmen stood apart, waiting for the signal to fight.
两个运动员分开站着,等待信号开始比赛。
A cow with two heads is a real monster.
长着两个头的牛真是个怪物。
His original plan is to work as a garbageman for two weeks only.
他原先只打算当两周的垃圾工。
A cow with two heads is a real monster.
长着两个头的牛真是个怪物。
He decided to stay at his job as a trashman for another two years.
他决定再当两年垃圾工。
She has two children from her previous marriage.
她身边有两个与前夫生的孩子。
You can omit the last two sentences of the passage.
你可以把这篇文章的最后两句话删去。
I can't do two things at once.
我不能同时做两件事情。
I can't do two things at once.
我不能同时做两件事情。
Every stick has two ends.
凡事总有利又有弊。
The picture was faked by sticking together two photos.
这张照片是把两张照片拼在一起伪造的。
I can't reconcile those two ideas.
我无法调和这两种思想。
The two famous authors were contemporaries who spent a lot of time together.
那两位著名作家是同时代人,他们在一起度过了一段漫长的岁月。
The picture was faked by sticking together two photos.
这张照片是用两张照片拚在一起伪造的。
The accident resulted in the death of two people (or: ... resulted in two people being killed).
这场意外事故造成两人死亡。
If you buy the family-size box it will save you two dollars.
如果你买这种家庭用大包装,就能节约两元钱。
Two points in this report are especially worthy of notice.
这篇报告中有两点尤其值得注意。
Thousands of new businesses have sprung up in the past two years.
在过去两年中, 上千家新企业如雨后春笋般地涌现了出来。
The statements of the two girls conflict.
这两个女孩的陈述不一样。
He has seen the ups and downs in the history of the relations between the two countries.
他经历了两国关系史上的圆缺阴晴。
There are subtle differences in meaning between these two words.
这两个词词义有细微的差别。
There are two specific questions we must answer.
有两个具体问题我们必须回答。
Our deadline was only two days away.
离最后期限只有两天了。
informal talks between the two leaders
两位领导人的非正式会谈
Jack escaped from the prison along with two other prisoners.
杰克和另外两名囚犯一起越狱逃跑了。
Two of the four national daily papers are to become weeklies.
四份全国性日报中, 有两份将改为周刊。
She has been hosting the TV program for two years now.
她主持这档电视节目至今已两年了。
The police officer saw a parallel between the two murder cases.
警官看出了这两桩谋杀案之间的相似之处。
The histories of the two countries closely parallel each other.
这两个国家的历史很相似。
The river forms the boundary between the two states.
这条河是两国的边界。
a boundary clash between two armies
两支军队间的边境冲突
Their meeting led to an end of the hostilities between the two countries.
他们的会谈促成了双方停火。
The policeman received a distress call, and saw two youths attacking his colleague.
那警员接到一个求救电话, 发现两个青年正袭击自己的一名同事。
Up to two thousand students can hold a party in this hall.
这个大厅可以容纳2,000学生举行聚会。
The profits of these two companies are not comparable with each other.
这两个公司的利润相互之间没有可比性。
The airplane had to make a forced landing because two of the engines were on fire.
由于有两个引擎着火,飞机只好迫降。
The two leaders have been involved in lengthy diplomatic discussions.
两位领导人陷入了旷日持久的外交谈判中。
“I’d never have won the prize without the help of my two assistants,” she said modestly.
“如果没有我的两名助手的帮助, 我决不可能获得这个奖。” 她谦逊地说道。
Our manager can’t even afford a two-week holiday.
我们的经理连两周的假期都抽不出来。
I talked to him for two hours, but he only listened to me with indifference.
我和他谈了两个小时,但他只是漠不关心地听着。
The two large classrooms have been assigned to us.
那两间大教室分配给了我们。
The two sides failed to agree on every point but came to an accommodation.
双方未能在每一点上都取得一致,但达成了和解。
The two boys fought until one gave in.
那两个男孩打架直到一人认输为止。
Relations between the two governments were soured by boundary fighting.
两国关系由于边境冲突而恶化。
He would consume nearly two pounds of milk per day.
他一天能喝近两磅牛奶。
We lost two or three early games in the World Cup, but we bounced back.
在世界杯比赛中我们先输了几场,但后来又赢回来了。
It typically takes a day or two, depending on size.
通常要一两天,视大小而定。
I undid two buttons of my white shirt.
我解开了白衬衫上的两个扣子。
The two parties were still too much apart to form an alliance.
两党分歧依然很大,无法结成同盟。
The two drivers gave different versions of the accident.
两个司机对事故的说法不同。
In British English, a frontier is a border between two countries. The usual American word is border.
在英国英语中,frontier指两国间的边界,美国英语中通常用border。
the joints between two pieces of timber
两段木料的接缝处
The house has two white columns framing the entrance.
这所房子的入口处有两根白色的柱子。
There are two columns on each page of this dictionary.
这本字典每页分为两栏。
The cabinet consists of eight men and two women.
内阁由八名男士和两名女士组成。
The two countries agreed upon the peace formula at the summit conference.
两国在高峰会上就和平问题达成协议。
The crust can be divided into two types, oceanic and continental.
地壳可以被分成两类:海洋性的和大陆性的。
We had two postal deliveries each week.
我们每周收到两次信。
After sharing out the apples, there were two left over.
这些苹果分完后还剩下两个。
I gave the children two apples each and I had three left over.
我给孩子们每人两个苹果,我还剩下三个。
Two cars gave them the freedom and mobility to go their separate ways.
两辆车使他们有了自由,可以分道走路。
The two leaders differed on this issue.
对此问题两位领导见解不一。
two visits on successive days
连续几天两次访问
We really need three but we could manage with two at a pinch.
我们确实需要三个,但必要时两个也可以应付。
Those two ideas must be kept distinct from one another.
必须把那两种思想区分开。
The book is divided into two distinct parts.
这书分成明显的两部分。
Jim and Mary went out (together) for two years before they were married.
吉姆和玛丽结婚之前已经交往两年了。
It's two o'clock.
现在两点。
My watch says two o'clock.
我的表是两点钟。
My watch is two minutes fast.
我的表快了两分钟。
There are only two minutes left.
只剩两分钟了。
I'm twenty-two (years old).
我二十二了。
I'm two years younger than my sister.
我比我姐小两岁。
You two don't have much contact?
你们俩没怎么联系吗?
Take two pills and have a good rest.
吃两片药,好好休息一下。
I want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen.
我想要一套有两间卧室和一个厨房的公寓。
There are always two sides to everything.
每件是都有两面性。
You'll be on air in two minutes.
两分钟以后你会上电视。
We two finished a bottle of wine. 我俩喝完了一瓶酒。
The two brothers look very much alike. 这兄弟俩看上去很相像。
You can kill two birds with one stone.一举两得。
Could I have those two tickets, please?这两张票给我行不行?
This way, he can kill two birds with one stone.这样他就能两全其美。
I have two cats. One is white, the other is black.我有两只猫,一只是白猫,另一只是黑猫。
It is said he has secret love affairs with two women!据说他背地里和两个女人有关系!
They do not know those parts of the doctrine which explain and justify the remainder ; the considerations which show that a fact which seemingly conflicts with another is reconcilable with it, or that, of two apparently strong reasons, one and not the other ought to be preferred.
他们不知道那解释和点明其余部分合理的学说,那些表明似乎与其它相冲突的因素是可以协调一致的,或者应该提出两个明显有力的原因中的一个而不是另一个。
“The biggest construction project of this century”, explained French President Francois Mitterand in January, 1986 as he and then British prime minister Margaret Thatcher jointly announced that the two countries would finally overcome ancient quarrels and prejudices and forge a link across the narrow Channel separating them.
1986年1月,法国总统弗兰西斯· 密特朗解释说:“这是本世纪最大的建设项目。”当时,他和英国首相玛格丽特·撒切尔一起宣布两国将克服一直以来的争论和偏见,铺设一条横穿分隔两国的狭长海峡的地下隧道。
Coming out while you were poised unsteadily on the icy, springy brush they made difficult shooting and I killed two, missed five, and started back pleased to have found a covey to the house and happy there were so many left to find on another day.
(我)出来的时候在冰冷多刺的灌木丛里不太安稳地待着,他们打得很困难,我打到了两只、跑了五只,回来的时候我看到房子边还有一群,很高兴它们留下来的下次好打。
The two lines cut across each other.
两条线相交。
He came here two years ago.
他两年前来到这里。
The two brothers are very much alike.
这两兄弟非常相像。
The two villages are three miles apart.
这两个村子相距三英里。
The journal makes its appearance once two months.
这本刊物两个月出版一次。
The organ has two banks of keys.
那架风琴有两排键盘。
The two fighters battled for half an hour.
两个拳击手战斗了半小时。
A belt of trees grew between the two fields.
两块田之间有一条树木带。
The topic centers on the crisis in these two countries.
话题以那两个国家的危机为中心。
A chance meeting brought the two old friends together again.
偶然的相遇使两位老朋友重新聚首。
There is no choice between the two.
两者半斤八两。
Six divided by two is three.
六除以二得三。
We've tried our best to effect reconciliation between the two parties.
我们已尽了最大努力希望促成双方和解。
These two brothers decided to go to America to try their fortunes.
这兄弟俩决定去美国碰碰运气。
Six minus two equals four.
六减去二等于四。
His two great interests in life are music and painting.
音乐和绘画是他生活中的两大嗜好。
Of these two men, the former is dead but the latter is still alive.
这两个人中,前者已死,而后者仍然活着。
First prize in the raffle is a holiday for two in Paris.
抽奖销售的头奖是两个人到巴黎度假旅游。
Female sheep produce one or two lambs at a time.
母羊一次生一到两只羊羔。
The accident resulted in the death of two passengers.
这起事故导致两名乘客丧生。
Cut the bread into small rounds and give me two.
把面包切成小片,然后给我两片。
The two companies settled out of court.
两家公司在法院外了结了争端。
He won the golf match by two shots.
他以两杆的成绩赢得了这场高尔夫球赛。
The football team has signed two new players.
该足球队已签约聘用了两名新队员。
Two spoons of sugar, please.
请来两勺糖。
The talks between the two premiers will be held next month.
两国总理的会谈将于下月举行。
Every morning he spent two hours training for the race.
他每天早晨花两个小时练习赛跑。
I have been away from Paris for two weeks.
我离开巴黎已经两星期了。
We have had two world wars in this century.
本世纪我们已经经历了两次世界大战。
我买两张成人票。
Two, please.
Two tickets, please.
Two adults, please.
我买两张10月3号的票。
I'd like two tickets for October 3rd, please.
请来两瓶啤酒。
Two bottles of beer, please.
Two beers, please.
我们夫妻俩性格相似。
We're two of a kind. *two of a kind“性格相似的人”。
We're very similar.
Like husband, like wife.
我们经常吵架。
We fight a lot.
Do you two fight? (你们吵架吗?)
Yes, we fight a lot. (嗯,我们常吵架。)
我老婆有外遇。
My wife's cheating on me. *cheat on...“在男女关系上表现的不忠”。
My wife's a two-timer.
My wife's secretly dating someone else.
My wife's having an affair.
1点45分。
It's a quarter to two. *a quarter 是四分之一的意思,在这儿是60分钟的四分之一的意思,即15分钟。另外,这里的to是表示“~前”的意思,即“差15分2点”。
It's 1∶45./It's one forty-five.
It's a quarter of two.
It's a quarter till two.
差10分2点。
It's ten to two.
It's 1∶50 (one fifty).
我看了两个小时的电视以打发时间。
I killed two hours watching TV.
这是我们第一次见面。
This is the first time we have met.
Have you two met? (你们俩人见过?)
No, this is the first time we have met. (没见过,这是我们第一次见面。)
We've never met before. (我们以前从来没见过。)
我有两个男孩。
I have two boys.
I have two sons. (我有两个儿子。)
没你的事!
None of your business. *表示“别多管闲事、跟你有什么关系,用不着你帮忙,用不着你管”等等。
It's none of your business.
Mind your own business. (先管好你自己吧!)
It is not your concern.
It doesn't concern you.
Stay out of it. (你别瞎搀和。)
I don't need your input. (用不着你帮忙。)
It's personal. (这是我的私事。)
I don't need your two cents. *直译“我不需要你这两分钱”。俚语,表示“用不着你指导我,这和你没关系”。
I don't think you should do that. (我觉得你不该做。)
Thanks, but I don't need your two cents. (谢谢,用不着你来说。)
I'd like two seats on today's Northwest Flight 7 to Detroit, please.
我想订两张今天西北航空公司7班次到底特律的机票。
Here are the two originals of the contract we prepared.
这是我们准备好的两份合同正本。
The two parties involved in a contract have the obligation to execute the contract.
合同双方有义务履行合同。
Fifty-litre carboy would be the most economical size. Carboys may be retained without charge for two months.
50升的瓶子应是最经济的尺码,这些瓶子可免费保存两个月。
son of a gun 与 son of a bitch:
son of a gun 是对好友表示一种惊讶的口语(an interjection or an exclamation of surprise between very good friends),有点像「坏蛋」、「家伙」的味道。
但 son of a bitch(或 SOB)是美国人极为严重的骂人话(curse word),千万不可乱用,以免闹事。因为这不但意味这位 son 没有确定的父亲,同时母亲也是缺乏道德和贞操(less virtuous)。 例如:
* I have not seen you for a long time;you (are)son of a gun!(你这坏蛋啊,我好久不见你了!)
* After the two men called each other“son of a bitch”(SOB),they started a fight.(这两位男子互骂SOB後,就动起武来。)
至於 son of a gun 的来由,据说从前女人可以住在海军船上服务。结果一位女人生下孩子时,不知父亲是谁,於是船上的人,就以「gun」做为孩子的 paternity,孩子也就被称为「son of a gun」。虽然只用在好友中,但有时也真有坏蛋的意思(evil person or a rogue)所以不是恭维语(complimentary word),除非真正好友,少用为妙。
John Lee is a some-body, although be was a nobody two years ago.
李约翰现在已是名人,虽然两年前是默默无闻的.
= John Lee is a very important man, although he was a
nobody two years ago.
I want two end tables.
我要两个床头小桌。
Book me two tickets.
我要订两张票。
Two adult tickets, please.
我要买两张成人票。
Two thumbs up! 非常好!
Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
每个成功男人的背后,都有一个女人。每个不成功男人的背后,都有两个。
When two‘s company, three‘s the result!
两个人的状态是不稳定的,三个人才是!
Kill two birds with one stone.
一箭双雕
One can not be in two places at once.
一心不可二用。
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
双鸟在林不如一鸟在手。
A man cannot serve two masters.
一仆不能事二主。
A man has two ears and one mouth that he may hear much and speak little.
人有两只耳朵一张嘴,就是为了多听少说话。
An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening.
一日之计在于晨。
A secret between more than two is no secret.
两人以上知道的秘密就不算秘密。
A true friend is one soul in two bodies.
真正的朋友好似两个身子长著一颗心。
Between two stools one falls to the ground.
脚踏两头要落空。
By gambling we lose both time and treasure, two things most precious to the life of man.
赌博使我们丢失时间和金钱,这两样人生最珍贵的东西。
False with one can be false with two.
对一个人虚伪,也会对两个人虚伪。
Four eyes see more than two.
人多识广。
Friendship ---- one soul in two bodies.
友谊是两人一条心。
Health and understanding are the two great blessing of life.
健康和融洽是人生两大幸事。
He who follows two hares is sure to catch neither.
追逐两只兔,两头都落空。
If two men ride on a horse, one must ride behind.
两人同骑一马,必有一人在后。
If you run after two heares, you will catch neither.
两头落空。
It takes two to make a quarrel.
要有两个人才吵得起来。
Knowledge is of two kinds, we know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information upon it.
知识有两种,一种是我们自己知道的东西,另一种是知道哪里可以找到有关的资料。
Most things have two handles.
大多数事物总有两种解释。
Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue, to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak.
天赋我们两耳,两眼,一张嘴巴,归根到底该多听,多看,少说话。
No man can do two things at once.
心无二用。
Of two evils choose the least.
权衡两害,取其轻者。
One cannot be in two place at once.
One foot is better than two crutches.
一只脚胜过两根拐杖。
One honest word is better than two oaths.
两句誓言不如一句实话。
One hour today is worth two tomorrow.
今天的一个小时抵得上明天的两个小时。
One today is worth two tomorrows.
今天一天抵明天两天。
Saying and doing are two things.
说与做是两回事。
There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live.
教育显然有两种∶一种是教人怎样谋生,另一种是教人怎样生活。
There are only two powers in the world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter.
世界上只有两种力量∶刀和笔;而其结果,后者总是战胜前者。
There are two sides to every question.
每个问题都有两个方面。
Truth and love are two of the most powerful things in the world; and when they both go together they cannot easily be withstood.
真理和爱情是世界上力量最强大的两样东西,当它们两者走在一起时,它们是很难抵挡的。
Two blacks do not make a white.两个乌黑不等于一个清白。
Two cats and a mouse, two wives in one house, two dogs and a bone, never agree in one.
两猫伴一鼠,两妻居一屋,两狗肯一骨,万难同相处。
Two dogs over one bone seldom agree.
两狗啃一骨,相持难服输。
Two dogs strive for a bone, and a third runs away with it.
鹬蚌相争,渔翁得利。
Two ears to one tongue, therefore hear twice as much as you speak.
两只耳朵对一舌,故应多听而少说。
Two heads are better than one.
集思广益。
Two in distress makes sorrow less.同病相怜。
Two is company, but three is none.两人成为伴,三人不结侣。
Two of a trade seldom agree.同行是冤家。
Two persons cannot long be friends if they cannot forgive each other's little failings.
小过彼此不相谅,两人友谊难长久。
Two quarrel and a third profits by it.鹬蚌相争,渔翁得利。
Two sparrows on one ear of corn make an ill agreement.
一穗两雀争,意见乱纷纷。
Two things doth prolong your life: a quiet heart and a loving wife.
心情平静妻贤淑,延年益寿多得福。
Two wrongs don't make a right.
两个错误不能构成一个正确。
When two friends have a common purse, one sings and the other weeps.
两友合用一钱包,一个悲来一个笑。
When two ride on one horse, one must sit behind.
两人共骑一匹马,总有一个背后跨。
You cannot have two forenoons in the same day.
一日之中不可能有两个上午。
Two-way sort 两档分选
But wouldn't you like to spend an extra day or two here?
你们不愿意在北京多待一天吗?
We are running on two shifts.
我们实行的工作是两班倒。
Here are the two originals of the contract we prepared.
这是我们准备好的两份合同正本。
We'll sign two originals, each in Chinese and English language.
我们将要用中文和英语分别签署两份原件。
A Are you free to meet tomorrow tonight?
A 你明晚有时间见面吗?
B I’m afraid not. I work in a restaurant in the evenings.
B 恐怕没有。晚上我在餐馆工作。
A Every evening Surely you have some evenings free.
A 每天晚上吗?总有几个晚上你有空吧。
B Yes, of course I do. I’ve got two nights off each week.
B 是的,当然了。我每周有两个晚上不用上班。
A But not tomorrow night . . . when are you next free?
A 但是明天晚上不行. . .你下次什么时候有空?
B I’m free the day after tomorrow. We could meet Thursday evening.
B 我后天有空。我们可以在周四晚上见面。
A What about your family? Are you a single child?
A 你的家庭怎么样?你是家里唯一的孩子吗?
B Me? No, I’ve got two brothers back in the States.
B 我?不,我在美国有两个兄弟。
A Are you the youngest or the oldest?
A 你是最小的还是最大的?
B I’m in the middle! I’ve got an older brother and a younger brother.
B 我是中间的。我有一个哥哥和一个弟弟。
A Three boys! It must have been tough for your parents, bringing up three boys.
A 三个男孩!对你的父母来说抚养三个男孩一定很不容易。
B Yes, it probably was. But we were good. We weren’t problems.
B 是的,很可能是这样。但是我们都是好孩子。我们不惹麻烦。
A How about children? Got any kids?
A 孩子呢?你有孩子吗?
B Yes, we’ve got two children – a son and a daughter.
B 是的,我们有两个孩子——一个儿子和一个女儿。
A What ages are they?
A 他们多大了?
B My son’s five and my daughter’s three. They’re still just little kids.
B 我儿子五岁,我女儿三岁。他们还是小孩子。
A Yes, but they will grow up soon.
A 是的,但是他们很快会长大的。
B I know. Life goes quickly! Soon they’ll both be at school.
B 我知道。时间过得太快了!很快他们就要上学了。
A I used to work in Harbin. It was a few years ago, and only for six months.
A 我过去在哈尔滨工作。那是几年前的事情了,在那我只工作了6个月。
B Really? I didn’t know that. When exactly was that – and what was it like?
B 真的吗?我不知道。那是什么时候——究竟是怎么回事?
A Oh, two to three years ago. I really enjoyed it.? It was such a change from Beijing.
A 哦,两三年前的事。我很喜欢那段日子。和在北京的生活是如此不同。?
B I can imagine. I used to live and work in Nanjing and that was very different from Beijing too.
B 我可以想象得到。我过去工作、生活在南京,那里和北京也有很大不同。
A Yes, everything was different – the food, the traffic, the weather, the pace of life.
A 是的,一切都不同——食物、交通、天气,还有生活的节奏。
B I agree. I prefer Beijing but I miss the quieter life. I used to like that.
B 我同意。我更喜欢北京,但是我怀念更安静的生活。我过去很喜欢那样的生活。
A Your beers, sir, and your water.
A 您的啤酒,先生,还有您的水。
B Thank you very much. And can we have some more rice, please?
B 非常感谢。我们能再要一些米饭吗?
A What kind of rice would you like, sir?
A 先生,您要哪种米饭?
B Can we have two plain steamed rice and one fried rice, please?
B 我们可以要两份白米饭和一份炒饭吗?
A That's two boiled and one fried. ?Coming up, sir.
A 两份白米饭和一份炒饭。马上就来,先生。
B The rice is delicious, but the portions are quite small.
B 米饭非常好吃,但是分量很小。
A Hello Paul. Sorry I can’t meet you tomorrow. I’ve got a meeting tomorrow morning at ten-thirty.
A 你好,保罗。对不起,我明天不能和你见面。我明天上午10点半有个会。
B Don’t worry. I know you are very busy. Perhaps we could meet in the afternoon?
B 没关系。我知道你很忙。也许我们明天下午可以见面?
A That would be great. How are you fixed around 2 o’clock?
A 那太好了。2点左右你有安排吗?
B Two is fine. I can easily make 2. Let’s meet then.
B 2点可以。2点我很容易安排。我们就那时候见吧。
A Can I book an alarm call for tomorrow morning, please?
A 我能预约明天早晨叫我起床吗?
B Certainly, sir. What time?
B 当然可以,先生。什么时间叫您?
A Well, I need to get up very early. About 5.15 would be fine for the alarm call.
A 哦,我要起得很早。大约5:15叫我起床就可以。
B That’s no problem. 5.15 is booked for your alarm call. What’s your room number?
B 没问题。5:15叫您起床。您的房间号是多少?
A It’s eight-two-one-six. 8216.
A 是8-2-1-6。8216。
B OK sir. That’s done. Alarm call for Room 8216 at 5.15 tomorrow morning.
B 好的,先生。就这么定了。明早5:15叫8216房间的先生起床。
A Good morning. I’d like to check out, please.
A 早上好!我想结帐。
B Certainly. What’s your room number?
B 好的。您的房间号是多少?
A Eight-two-one.
A 8-2-1。
B Mr Smith. Thank you. How would you like to pay, Mr Smith?
B 史密斯先生,谢谢你。您想用什么方式付款?
A Can I pay by credit card? Here’s my card.
A 我能用信誉卡付款吗?这是我的信誉卡。
B No problem. If you’d just like to check your bill, Mr Smith. And sign there.
B 没问题。请您核对一下帐单,史密斯先生。然后请在这里签名。
A I’d really like to go and see the athletics at the Olympics.
A 我非常想去看奥运会的田径比赛。
B Yes, me too. I’d also like to see that swimming event . . . what’s it called? You know when there are two swimmers together?
B 是的,我也是。我还想看游泳比赛项目. . . 那叫什么来着?就是有两名游泳选手在 一起的的项目?
A Synchronized swimming. I like that too.
A 双人游泳。我也喜欢这个项目。
B Yes, we should try and get and get tickets
B 是的,我们应该想法弄到门票。?
A Yes, t would be good to see it live. The atmosphere will be fantastic.
A 是的,在现场观看会很好。气氛将非常热烈。
A OK. Dinner tomorrow night – I’ll see you at six.
A 好的。明天晚上一起吃晚饭——我六点见你。
B That’s good. Can I bring a friend? There’s someone I’d like you to meet.
B 好。我能带个朋友来吗?我想让你见个人。
A Certainly. Who is he? Or she?
A 当然可以。他是谁呀?或者她是谁?
B She’s a colleague from my work. She said she would be interested to meet you. Perhaps you can do business together.
B 她是我的同事。她说她有兴趣见你。也许你们可以一起做生意。
A She works in the same business as you?
A 她和你从事同一行业吗?
B Yes. And I thought it would be good to put you two together.
B 是的,而且我认为让你俩合作是件好事。
A Let’s meet at that good Yunan restaurant in Houhai.
A 咱们在后海的那家云南餐馆见面。
B Which one? I can’t remember it.
B 哪家餐馆? 我不记得了。
A You must remember it! It’s the one on the left side, about 100 metres from the entrance.
A 你一定记得的!就是在左侧的那家,距离入口大约100米处。
B Sorry, I can’t remember it. Where is it exactly?
B 对不起,我记不起来了。具体在哪里?
A It’s easy to find. It’s only two minutes walk from the entrance on the left side.
A 很容易找到的。从入口走大约两分钟,在路的左侧。
B Yes, now I remember . . . it’s on the west side of the lake.
B 是的,我现在想起来了. . . 那家餐馆在湖的西侧。
A Do you know where I can find a good camera shop?
A 你知道我在哪里能找到一家好的卖相机的商店吗?
B Yes, there’s a good one round the corner from your hotel. It’s only two minutes walk.
B 是的,从你的旅馆出来在拐角处有一家。步行只需大约两分钟。
A Will I find it easily?
A 我会很容易找到吗?
B Oh yes. Just go out of the hotel, turn right and go round the first corner.
B 哦,是的。从旅馆出来,向右转,在第一个拐角处转弯。
A And then?
A 然后呢?
B You’ll find it easily. It’s about the third or fourth shop on your right.
B 你很容易就会找到的。它是你右侧的第三或者第四家商店。
A Let’s meet this evening around 6.
A 咱们今晚6点左右见。
B OK. I might be a little late, depending on the traffic.
B 好。我可能会晚到一会,这要看交通情况。
A No problem. Call me if you are late. Have you got my number?
A 没关系。如果你迟到的话,给我打电话。你有我的电话号码吗?
B No. Can you give me it?
B 没有。你能给我你的电话号码吗?
A It’s one – three – one – double eight – two – double one – zero – nine.
A 我的号码是1-3-1-8-8-2-1-1-0-9。
B 1318821109. I’ve got it. Thanks.
B 1318821109. 我记住了。谢谢。
For travel times, and the 24-hour clock, we usually say two numbers – the hour then the minutes, eg: (15.20) fifteen - twenty / fifteen - twenty. Or you can say: twenty past three in the afternoon / twenty past three in the afternoon.
对于出行的时间,和24小时制的说法,我们通常用两个数字来说——分别表示小时和分钟。例如: (15.20) fifteen - twenty /15点20分。或者你可以说:twenty past three in the afternoon /下午3点过20分。
When you talk about flight numbers, you say each letter and number individually,: eg B – A – oh - three – eight / B – A – oh – three – eight ; C – A – one – two – five / C – A – one – two – five.
当你谈论航班号时,你可以一个字母一个数字地说。例如:B – A – oh - three – eight / B – A – 0 – 3 – 8;C – A – one – two – five / C – A – 1 – 2 – 5。
Remember the way you use numbers, especially when talking about dates (and the two ways you can write them, eg: 1st / first. eg: He leaves on the 19th (nineteenth) / He leaves on the 19th (nineteenth)
记住说数字的方法,尤其是当谈论日期的时候。有两种写法,例如1st / 1日。He leaves on the 19th (nineteenth) /他19日离开。
A I’m going to Guangzhou for a business trip, but I’ll be back in Beijing pretty soon.
A 我要去广州出差,但是我很快就回北京来。
B How long will you be away?
B 你将离开多久?
A About ten or eleven days. Less than two weeks.
A 大约10天或者11天。不到两个星期。
B So when are you going exactly?
B 那你具体哪天走?
A I’m leaving on the 12th and I’m back on the 22nd.
A 我12日走,22日回来。
B The twenty-second - that’s a Sunday, isn’t it? I could pick you up at the airport.
B 22日——那是一个星期天,不是吗?我可以到机场去接你。
Notice how to give dates: The eighth of August. / The eighth of August. The eighth day of the eighth month. / The eighth day of the eighth month. / 2008: Two thousand and eight. / Two thousand and eight.
注意如何给出日期:The eighth of August. /8月8日。The eighth day of the eighth month. /8月份的第八天。2008: Two thousand and eight. /2008年。
A Have you got any plans for next August?
A 你明年8月有什么计划吗?
B Yes, I’m going to take some time off to enjoy the Olympics.
B 是的,我将停止工作一段时间去看奥运会。
A My friends are planning to visit Beijing next July.
A 我的朋友们计划明年7月到北京玩。
B That's just before the Olympics start, isn't it?
B 就在北京奥运会开幕之前,对吗?
A Yes, and they're staying for the first two weeks of August.
A 是的,他们计划在8月的头两个星期呆在北京。
B They’ll have a fantastic time. Beijing will be an exciting place to be.
B 他们将非常开心。北京将是个令人激动的地方。
You can tell someone about your plans giving details of dates and activities. For example: I'm taking some time off for the Olympics. / I'm taking some time off for the Olympics. My friends are coming next July. / My friends are coming next July. They're staying for the first two weeks of August. / They're staying for the first two weeks of August.
你可以告诉某人有关你的计划的详细日期和活动。例如:I'm taking some time off for the Olympics. /我将停止工作一段时间去看奥运会。My friends are coming next July. /我的朋友们明年7月来。They're staying for the first two weeks of August. /8月份的头两个星期他们将呆在北京。
A So when will you go back to work?
A 那么你什么时候回去上班?
B Well, I’ve got meetings on the 20th and 21st.
B 哦,我在20日和21日有会议要参加。
A When do your friends leave?
A 你的朋友们什么时候离开?
B They're leaving in mid August around the 15th or 16th.
B 他们将在8月中旬离开,大约15日或者16日的时候。
A You’ll have a good time enjoying Beijing and the Olympics.
A 你在北京和奥运会期间将度过一段愉快的时光。
B Yes, two weeks off work will be a great holiday.
B 是的,停止工作两周将是一个愉快的假期。
Shall we meet later?
我们能晚点见面吗?
Yes. When’s the best time for you?
好的。什么时间对你最合适?
How about 2 this afternoon?
今天下午2点怎么样?
Two o’clock is fine for me. Where will we meet?
我2点行。我们在哪里见面?
The coffee shop in the hotel. Let’s meet there at 2.
在饭店的咖啡厅。2点在那里见面。
Perfect. I’ll see you there.
妥。我在那里等你。
Is there a good bookshop near here?
这附近有好的书店吗?
Yes, I know two bookshops near here, on Wangfujing Street.
有。我知道这附近有两家书店,在王府井大街上。
I’d like to buy some guide books to Beijing.
我想买几本北京导游手册。
No problem. I’ll take you.
没问题。我带你去。
And maybe also a book to start learning Chinese.
也许还买本书开始学中文。
We can find that too. They are good bookshops.
我们也会找到这样的书。那是很不错的书店。
Do you know where I can find a good shop for Chinese tea?
你知道我在哪里可以找到卖中国茶的好商店吗?
Yes. There are lots of good places. What exactly do you want to buy?
是的。有很多卖茶的好地方。你想买什么样的茶?
I’d like to get some green tea. And some jasmine tea. And I’d also like to get a Chinese teapot.
我想买一些绿茶,还有一些茉莉花茶。我还想买一只中国茶壶。
Ok. I know one or two very good tea shops.
好的,我知道一两家好的茶叶店。
Thanks. That would be really helpful.
谢谢。那太好了。
How long is your visit to Beijing?
你在北京呆了多长时间?
Just two weeks, unfortunately. But I will come back soon.
只有两周,很遗憾。但是我很快就会回来。
I’m sure you will. When are you leaving?
我相信你很快就会回来的。你什么时候动身?
I’m leaving on the 15th.
我15日走。
So soon. That’s next week.
很快了。就是下周。
Yes, but I’ll be back again next month.
是的,但是我下个月还会回来。
I have to go back to the States, but I’ll be back in Beijing in July.
我得回美国了,但是我7月份还会来北京。
That’s good.
好啊。
Yes, I’m coming back on the 23rd - the 23rd of July.
是的,我23日回来——7月23日。
Well, the weather will be good then.
哦,到时候天气就会好了。
Yes. And I’ll stay for two months next time.
是的,我下次将在北京呆两个月。
Hello, is this your first visit to Beijing?
你好,这是你第一次来北京吗?
Yes, it is.
是的。
Are you on holiday? Or on business?
你是来度假还是来出差?
I’m on holiday. I’m a tourist.
我来度假。我来旅游。
And how long are you here for?
你在这里呆多久?
Two weeks only. There’s so much to see.
只呆两个星期。有那么多要看的东西。
Well, I hope you enjoy it.
啊,我希望你在这里愉快。
Sorry I can’t meet you tomorrow. I’ve got a meeting tomorrow morning at ten-thirty.
对不起,我明天不能和你见面。我明天上午10点半有个会。
Don’t worry. I know you are very busy. Perhaps we could meet in the afternoon?
没关系。我知道你很忙。也许我们明天下午可以见面?
That would be great. How are you fixed around 2 o’clock?
那太好了。2点左右你有安排吗?
Two is fine. I can easily make 2. Let’s meet then.
2点可以。2点我很容易安排。我们就那时候见吧。
Hi, I hope you’re enjoying Beijing.
你好!我希望你在北京玩得开心。
Yes, I am. I’m having a great time.
是的,我很开心。我在这里非常愉快。
Can I book an alarm call for tomorrow morning, please?
我能预约明天早晨叫我起床吗?
Certainly, sir. What time?
当然可以,先生。什么时间叫您?
Well, I need to get up very early. About 5:15 would be fine for the alarm call.
哦,我要起得很早。大约5:15叫我起床就可以。
That’s no problem. 5.15 is booked for your alarm call. What’s your room number?
没问题。5:15叫您起床。您的房间号是多少?
It’s eight-two-one-six. 8216.
是8-2-1-6。8216。
OK sir. That’s done. Alarm call for Room 8216 at 5:15 tomorrow morning.
好的,先生。就这么定了。明早5:15叫8216房间的先生起床。
Good morning. I’d like to check out, please.
早上好!我想结帐。
Certainly. What’s your room number?
好的。您的房间号是多少?
Eight-two-one.
8-2-1。
Mr Smith. Thank you. How would you like to pay, Mr Smith?
史密斯先生,谢谢你。您想用什么方式付款?
Can I pay by credit card? Here’s my card.
我能用信用卡付款吗?这是我的信用卡。
No problem. If you’d just like to check your bill, Mr Smith. And sign there.
没问题。请您核对一下帐单,史密斯先生。然后请在这里签名。
There are two ways of rising in the world, either by your own industry or by the folly of others.
Jean De La Bruyere, French moralist
成功之路有两条:靠自己的努力或靠他人的愚蠢。
The results are stopped at 1000th line. 323 paragraphs, 1000 lines displayed. Top
(Alt+Z : Reinput words.) (You can doubleclick on the English words you are searching for.)