really [ 'riəli] ad.真正地;实在
really ad. 真正地;到底;确实
really ['riəli] a.真正地,确实地
Get on a person's nerves ! 把某人惹火
You're really getting on my nerves.
你真的把我惹火了!
- nerve 除了「神经」, 还有「胆量」的意思。
如 "He had the nerve to say that." 他竟然有胆说那种话。
hard feelings 怨气
A: Man, I'm really sorry about what happened last night.
A: 老兄啊! 昨晚的事真是抱歉...
B: It's all right. It's over with. No hard feelings.
B: 没关系。已经过去了。没什么好生气了。
- "It's over with" 是「已经过去了」。结束某种不愉快的情绪, 可以用 「get over」。
如 "I know you were mad at him for what he had done. But, it has been five years. Get over it."
我知道你很气他所作的事, 但是这已经是五年前的事了, 你应该释怀了。
have a chip on one's shoulder 心存芥蒂
A: Blanche's already apologized and asked for your forgiveness. Why do you still have a chip on your shoulder?
A: Blanche 已经(跟你)道歉过, 也请你原谅她。你为什么还是心存芥蒂呢?
B: I don't know. I guess I never really got over it.
B: 我不知道。也许我对这件事从来没有真正释怀吧!
- 或许你也曾经有过类似上面的经验; 以为自己经对一件别人做错的事释怀了,
当你再度面对这个人时, 那种气气的感觉又回来了。也许没说到几句话,
你又忍不住地责备对方一顿。这种感觉就是这里所说的"have a chip on one's shoulder"。
jerk 差劲、没品的人
A: Can you believe that? David sold the bike that he borrowed from me to somebody else.
A: 你相信吗? David 把相我借的自行车卖人啦。
B: Really? What a jerk !
B: 真的吗? 好差劲的人啊!
- 英汉字典都 "jerk" 是「愚蠢的人」。 其实 "jerk" 在美语中(形容人时)是用来指「差劲」、 「没品」的人。
down-to-earth 实在的
A: I had a chance to chat with Dr. Lee last time. I was totally surprised to find out that a famous person like him can be so down-to-earth.
A: 我上次有機會跟 Dr. Lee 閒聊。 我很驚訝地發現一個像他這樣有名氣的人竟然可以這樣的真實純樸。
B: Really? Tell me more about it.
B: 真的啊? 再跟我多講一點!
wet blanket 扫兴的人
A: I can't go with you guys. I've really got to hit the books.
A: 我不能跟你们去。我真的要去複习功课。
B: Come on! Don't be a wet blanket. Everybody's going. You can study after we come back.
B: 好啦! 别这么扫兴了! 大家都要去。你可以等我们回来再看书嘛!
- "blanket" 的原意是「毯子」的意思。美语里面有用"a wet blanket"(湿毯子)来形容
「扫兴的人」。"hit the books" , 是「念书」的意思。
sell-out 出卖人家的人
A: I can't believe Dan, the person I trusted so much turned out to be a complete sell-out.
A: 我无法相信 Dan, 这个我曾经这么信任的人竟然是个出卖我的人。
B: Man, I don't even know what to say. He really blew me away, too.
B: 唉, 我都不知道该说什么才好。 他也真是让我始料未及。
- 这里的"sell-out"是"selling a person out"的名词, 可以指「出卖人家的人」或是「出卖人的行为」。
上面的对话里, 还有另外一个我们之前也有看过的词语是"blow one away" (blew one away 的原在式)。
这里的"blow one away"应该可以翻作我们口语里面讲的「被打败的感觉」。
因为没有想到过对方会是那样子的人, 当事情发生了才有一种「怎么可能!」的震撼和惊讶。
其实"blow one away"也可以说是形容某人的表现太过优异, 令人在佩服之外感到十分的震撼。
Really? ---- 真的?
我找不到您的大名。真的? I can't find your name. Really?
you look great today.(你今天看上去很棒。)【每天都可以用!】
you did a good job. (你干得非常好。)【国际最通用的表扬!】
we're so proud of you.(我们十分为你骄傲。)【最高级的表扬!】
i'm very pleased with your work.(我对你的工作非常满意。)【正式、真诚的赞扬!】
this is really a nice place.(这真是个好地方!)【随口就说、但效果很好的表扬!】
you're looking sharp!(你看上去真精神/真棒/真漂亮。)【与众不同的表扬!】
you always know the right thing to say. = you're very eloquent.(你总是说话得体。)【高层次的表扬!】
nice going! = you did a good job.(干得好!)【极其地道的表扬!】
the food is delicious.(好吃!)【最普通、但非常重要的表扬!】
everything tastes great.(每样东西都很美味!)
your son/daughter is so cute.(你的孩子很可爱。)【外国人绝对喜欢听的表扬!】
what an adorable baby!(多么可爱的孩子。)【只管大胆用!】
i admire your work. = i respect your work.(我对你的工作表示敬意。)【世界通用!】
you've got a great personality.(你的个性很好。)【一个非常安全的表扬!】
you have a good sense of humor.(你真幽默。)【美国人极其喜欢的表扬!】
your chinese is really surprising.(你的中文令人惊讶。)【绝对和其他人不一样的表扬!】
your english is incredible.(我真不敢相信你的英语。)【用了六星级形容词!】
you have a very successful business.(你的事业很成功。)【现代人非常喜欢听!】
you're very professional.(你非常专业。)【专业化的表扬!】
your company is very impressive.(你的公司给我留下深刻印象。)
you're so smart.(你非常聪明。)
i envy you very much.(我非常羡慕你。)
your wife is very charming.(你的妻子很有魅力!)
you two make a lovely couple.(你们真是天生的一对!)
you're really talented.(你很有天赋。)
you look nice in that color.(你穿那种颜色很好看。)
you have a good taste.(你很有品位。)
you look like a million dollars. = you look outstanding.=you look like a movie star.(你看上去帅呆了。)
really something 了不起
But is it really the case? The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe that artistic and cultural projects may be less useful than many governments think. In fact, basic infrastructure projects are playing extremely important role and should be given priority.
这是真的吗?这些年我收集的信息让我相信这些文化、艺术项目并没有许多政府想象的那么重要。事实上,基础设施建设非常重要,应该放在首位。
To average people, they often tend to live under the illusion that English often means a good opportunity for one's career, is this really the case?
对于一般人来说,他们常常以为掌握英语就意味着一份好的工作,然而这是真的吗?
Do you really mean it?.
此话当真?
It really hurts.
好痛呀。
She must really be sth special.
她必定某个地方很特殊。
She's really something.
她真厉害。
That's really something.
那真是了不起!
Time and again I have emerged from a course of reading in philosophy with the conviction that the authors were really avoiding specific problems by converting them into tenuous sophistries that have very little real meaning.
我一再退出对哲学的钻研,深信作者们确实是在以将具体问题换成几乎没有实际意义的贫乏诡辩来躲避它们。
In important matters, we expose our best sides; in trivial matter, we disclose ourselves as we really are.
我们在重要的时间中显示自己最好的方面,在无关紧要的小事中露出自己的本来面目。
The service we render to others is really the rent we pay for our room on this earth.
我们向别人提供的服务实在是为自己在这个世界上的住所付出的租金。
The thought of going to work tomorrow really depresses me.
想到明天要上班我就心烦。
If you want to become an actor, you really have to commit yourself to it.
要是你想成为一名演员,就得全身心地投入。
At her best, she's a really first-class dancer.
在最佳状态时,她真是一位一流的舞蹈家。
Most tourists really enjoy visiting Disney world in Florida; the few who do not are exceptions.
大多数游客确实喜欢佛罗里达州的迪斯尼乐园,极少数不喜欢的属于例外。
Externally he appears really calm, but on the inside he is as worried as anyone else is.
表面上他很平静,但内心却与其他人一样的不安。
Really? I thought it was out of fashion.
真的?我以为这不时髦了呢。
Really I wasn't suited for the job, but I got it anyway.
说实在的,我并不适合干这项工作,可不管怎么说,我还是干上了。
You can pick up some really useful messages from his gestures.
你从他的手势中能够得到一些真正有用的信息。
I have a problem at work and I really don't know how to handle it.
我工作上遇到了一个问题,真不知如何来处理它。
I feel really guilty about not having written to you for so long.
我这么长时间没给你写信了,感到十分内疚。
He's done stupid things before, but to look for the escaping gas with a match really was the ultimate silliness.
他以前干过些傻事,但点着火柴去寻找什么地方煤气漏气实在是傻得不能再傻了。
She's the only person that really counts around here.
她是这周围惟一有影响力的人。
You really should throw out that dirty old table and get a new one.
你真应该扔掉那张又脏又旧的桌子, 买一张新的。
Graham was really excited when he joined the athletics club and he bought all the gear, but now he’s lost interest and he’s trying to sell everything.
格拉罕姆刚加入运动俱乐部时热情真高,他购买了所有的运动器材,可现在他却兴趣全无了,甚至于想把运动器材全部卖掉。
This apple is really sour!
这个苹果真酸!
His lectures on the subject really brought it to life.
他确实把这个题目讲活了。
The magician deceived his audience into thinking he had really sawed the woman in half.
魔术师骗过了观众,使他们相信他把那女子锯成了两半。
We really need three but we could manage with two at a pinch.
我们确实需要三个,但必要时两个也可以应付。
The speaker talked a lot, but never really came to grips with the subject.
那位演说者讲了许多,但始终没有真正涉及主题。
I really don't known.
我真不知道。
The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early.
电视节目很无聊,所以我早早睡了。
Hi, Joe, is it really you?
乔,你好,真是你吗?
Oh, really? I'm moving there too.
真的?我也会搬到那儿去。
Really? I was introduced to her just last weekend.
真的?上周末我才被介绍给她。
It really hurts.
可真疼。
Do you really want to know what I think?
你真想知道我怎么想吗?
It's really hard to make a decision.
挺难做决定的。
It's really a bargain.
租金很便宜。
If you really want my advice I don't think you should quit school.
如果你真想听我的意见,我想你不应该退学。
I really appreciate your help.
我非常感谢你的帮助。
It really takes time. 这样太耽误时间了。
I really enjoyed myself. 我玩得很开心。
You're really killing me! 真是笑死我了!
You really look sharp today. 你今天真漂亮。
I'm not guessing, I really know. 我不是在猜想,我真的知道。
I really need to lose some weight. 我真的需要减肥了。
She really wishes her clock had rung. 她真希望今天早上她的闹钟响了。
You really have an ear for pop music. 你确实对流行音乐很有欣赏力。
Trust me, the game is really worth playing.相信我,这游戏确实值得一玩。
However, Susan has not really made up her mind yet.然而,苏珊却还没有决定。
I really think a little exercise would do you good.我真的觉得做点运动对你有好处。
Although we can't see these atoms, they really do exist.虽然我们看不见原子,但它们的确存在。
But as cameras become more sophisticated, more automated, some photographers are tempted to disarm themselves or to suggest that they are not really armed, preferring to submit themselves to the limits imposed by premodern camera technology because a cruder, less high-powered machine is thought to give more interesting or emotive results, to have more room for creative accident.
但由于照相机变得越来越精细,越来越自动化了,一些摄影师禁不住开始解除他们的装备或者说他们根本没什么装备,而倾向于运用那些非现代的照相技术,因为一架未成熟,力不大的机器被认为更加有趣或者说更能有情绪结果,给人更多的创作空间。
Bent stripes, called chevrons painted on the roads make drivers think that they are driving faster than they really are, and thus drivers slow down.
喷刷在马路上的弯曲的人字型条纹, 使司机们觉得他们驾驶的速度比实际的快, 因此司机会减速行驶
His rudeness made me really angry.
他的粗鲁让我生气。
We are really anxious for peace.
我们确实渴望和平。
It's really bitter out there today.
今天外面真冷极了。
I am not really familiar with the local laws.
实际上我对当地的法律并不熟。
It's hard to know what he's really thinking.
很难知道他真正在想什么。
Did you really feel ill this morning?
今天早晨你真的感到身体不适吗?
These chocolates really melt in your mouth.
这些巧克力真正是入口即化。
The rain is really pouring down.
雨下得真大。
Sitting out here, you really can feel the power of the sun.
坐在这里,你可以感到太阳的力量。
Did she really say so?
她真的那样说吗?
He's quite a nice boy, really.
他真是个好孩子,一点不假。
It's really cold today.
今天可真冷。
What, do you really want to go?
什么!你真的要去?
你在装睡啊!
You're pretending to be asleep.
You're just pretending that you're asleep.
You're not really asleep. (你其实没睡吧!)
I know you're still awake. (我知道你还没睡。)
汤姆真让我神魂颠倒。
Tom really turns me on. *turn...on“有性方面的吸引力”、“使人着迷”。
Tom really turns me on. (汤姆真让我神魂颠倒。)
I didn't know you felt that way. (我一点儿都不知道你的感觉。)
I'm crazy about Tom.
I have strong feelings for Tom.
I love Tom.
I have the hots for Tom. *俚语。
克里斯长得真帅。
Chris is really a heartbreaker. *用heartbreaker表示“长得很帅,对异性有吸引力的人”。进一步讲,“heartbreaker”是指给异性带来撕心裂肺的痛苦和失望的人,魅惑他人,让人沉醉的人。Elvis Presley (爱尔维斯·普里斯利)有一首成名曲“Heartbreak Hotel”,指的就是“(因恋爱而)绝望的人住的饭店”。
Chris breaks a lot of hearts. (克里斯使很多女人尝到了失恋的痛苦。)
Chris dates a lot of women. (克里斯和许多女人有来往。)
我怀孕了。
I'm pregnant.
Guess what? I'm pregnant. (你猜怎么着,我怀孕了。)
Really? (真的吗?)
I'm going to have a baby.
I'm expecting.
我忙得四脚朝天。
I'm so busy, I'd really appreciate any help I could get.
这是我的得意之作。
This is a piece of work I can be proud of. *多用于针对论文作品或计划。
I'm really proud of this.
我不知道他在想什么。
I don't know what he's really thinking.
I'm not sure what he is thinking about.
I don't really know what is on his mind.
电话线好像有毛病。
We have a bad connection.
This is a really bad line.
我没有时间。
I have no time.
I'm really busy now. (我现在真的很忙。)
I don't have time.
I haven't got time.
I don't have any time.
你变样了。
You've really changed.
我很喜欢你的公寓。
I really like your apartment.
I love your apartment.
见到您我很高兴。
I'm glad to meet you.
I'm glad to meet you. (见到您我很高兴。)
So am I. (我也很高兴。)
I'm glad to meet you. (认识您我很高兴。)
The feeling is mutual. (我也很高兴。)
Glad to meet you.
Good to meet you.
I'm pleased to meet you.
I'm pleased to meet you. (能认识您,我很高兴。)
Pleased to meet you, too. (能认识您,我也很高兴。)
I'm really happy that I could meet you.
I'm really happy that I could meet you. (能认识您我觉得非常高兴。)
Same here. (我也很高兴。)
今天很闷热。
It's humid.
It's really humid today. (今天很闷啊!)
Yeah, my body is sweaty. (是呀,我浑身都是汗。)
我不太明白。
I don't really understand.
I don't understand very well.
是吗?
Is that so?
Really?
Oh, really?
Oh, do you?
Oh, you do?
Oh, you like it? (哦,你喜欢吗?)
Oh, thank you. (哦,谢谢。)
It's nice, isn't it? (是不是特棒呀?)
电影怎么样?
How was the movie?
How was the movie? (电影怎么样?)
I really enjoyed it. (我觉得很有意思。)
顺便提一下……
By the way,...
It was really fun. (真的特好玩。)
By the way, how is John? (顺便问一下,约翰怎么样了?)
Well,...
Now,...
我已经决定了。
I've decided.
I've decided to move. (我已经决定搬家了。)
Really? (真的?)
I've made up my mind.
I've come to a decision.
约翰,向她道歉。
John, apologize to her.
John, apologize to her. (约翰,向她道歉。)
I'm really sorry. (真对不起。)
您能这样说,我非常感谢。
Thanks for saying so.
I really like your apartment. (我真的喜欢你的公寓。)
Thanks for saying so. (您能这样说,我非常感谢。)
It's nice of you to say so.
实在对不起,让您费心了。
I'm really sorry for troubling you.
I'm really sorry for troubling you. (实在对不起,让您费心了。)
It was nothing. (这没什么。)
不是那样。
Not really. *不能同意对方的意见或信息时,有礼貌地加以否定。
Do you want to go out for dinner? (你想不想去外面吃晚饭?)
Not really. (不太想去。)
Was it fun? (有意思吗?)
Not really. (不怎么有意思。)
It must be expensive. (这个一定很贵吧!)
Not really. (也不那么贵。)
Not especially.
这相当简单。
It's quite easy.
How did you do that? (那是怎么做的?)
It's quite easy. (这相当简单。)
It's pretty simple.
It's really easy.
真的不要。
I really don't want it.
Take one. (拿一个吧。)
I really don't want it. (我真的不要。)
我这就去看看。
I'll go and take a look right away.
Did you see Tom's new house? It's really nice. (你看到汤姆的新家了吗?特别好。)
I'll go and take a look right away. (我这就去看看。)
I'll go and check it out immediately.
I'll go give it a look right now.
无意中说漏了嘴。
It was a slip of the tongue.
It was a slip of the tongue. (无意中说漏了嘴。)
Really? Didn't she know about it? (真的吗?难道她不知道?)
I spilled the beans. (我泄露了秘密。)
I stuck my foot in my mouth. (我把不好/失礼的事说出去了。)
今天你看上去很高兴啊!
You look happy today.
Yes. I got a raise. (是呀,我涨工资了。)
You seem really happy today.
真幸运呀!
Talk about luck.
Mike got a raise! (迈克加薪了!)
Talk about luck! (他可真走运!)
This must be my lucky day!
Things are really going my way!
What a lucky day!
你真让我心烦。
You're getting on my nerves. *nerve “神经”,get on my nerves“触动我的神经,让我心烦”。
You're getting on my nerves.(你真让我心烦。)
That's not a nice thing to say.(你这样说也太失礼了。)
You're bothering me. (你使我感到烦恼。)*bother“使人为难”、“纠缠不休”、“烦恼”。
You're really irritating me. (你真让我烦。)*irritate“使人心烦,让人着急,使人生气”。
You're starting to get on my nerves. (你又开始做让我心烦的事了。)
我感到非常痛苦。
I feel really sad.
I'm really sad.
I'm really unhappy.
那悲惨的故事使我心情抑郁。
The sad story depressed me. *depress 表示“使消沉,使沮丧”。
The sad story really brought me down. *bring...down “使……灰心丧气”。
没人能知道我的感受。
No one can understand how I really feel.
Please talk to me. (请跟我说说吧。)
No one can understand how I really feel. (没人能明白我的真实感受。)
No one can relate to me.
Nobody understands my feelings.
我很沮丧。
I'm depressed.
I'm depressed. I lost my job. (我很沮丧,因为我失去了工作。)
Cheer up! You'll get a new job. (打起精神来!你一定能找到新工作。)
I feel blue.
I feel low.
I feel really down.
我真不该那样。
I shouldn't have done it. *用“shouldn't have+过去分词”表示类似责备或斥责的心情,“不该……”、“要是没……”。
Oh, no! I shouldn't have done it. (哦,不!我要是不那样就好了。)
What did you do? (你干什么了?)
That was a mistake. (那是一个错误。)
I blew it. (我失败了。)
I wish I hadn't done that.
I really screwed up this time. (这次我真的给弄糟了。)
I really messed up. (我给搞糟了。)
I should have known better. (我早该弄清楚一些。)
我很欣赏它。
I enjoyed it.
That movie was great. (那部电影真棒。)
I enjoyed it, too. (我也很欣赏它。)
I had a good time.
It was really fun.
我理解你的心情。
I know how you feel.
My wife left me. (我妻子离开了我。)
Mine, too. I know how you feel. (我也是,我了解你的感受。)
I understand the way you feel.
I really sympathize with you. (我真的同情你。)
别在意。
Never mind.
I'm really sorry! (我真的很抱歉。)
Never mind. (没什么。)*带有“别在意”、“忘了它吧”、“没什么”的语感。
Don't worry (about it).
It's okay.
Forget (about) it. (没什么。) *比Never mind更直接。根据说法不同,有时听起来没有礼貌。
常有的事。
It happens. *发生了没有预料到的事情,劝人想开点儿的语气。
I feel really bad about it. (那件事我做的真不好。)
Don't worry, it happens. (别担心了,那是常有的事。)
你得看到事情好的一面。
Look on the bright side.
My salary is really low. (我的薪水真的太低。)
Look on the bright side. Your job is very rewarding. (你得看到好的一面。你的工作可是很有价值的呀。)
只要你想做,你就一定能做得到。
You can do anything if you really want to.
You can do anything if you really want to. (想做你一定能做得到。)
That's the spirit! (那才是好样的!)
You can do anything if you put your mind to it.
You can do anything if you are so minded.
You can accomplish anything if you believe in it. (只要有信心,什么事都办得到。)
我是认真的。
I'm serious.
No way! (不可能!)
I'm serious. (我是认真的。)
Are you joking? (你是开玩笑吧?)
No, I'm serious. (不,我是认真的。)
Seriously.
I'm really serious. (我真的是认真的。)
I'm not joking. (我没开玩笑。)
I'm being honest with you. (开诚布公地跟你讲。)
I mean it! *当对方不相信你说的是真话时。
I don't mean it. (我不是这个意思。)
请相信!
You'd better believe it! *口语说法。
Did he really say that? (他真的这么说了吗?)
You'd better believe it! (请相信我!)
I really mean it! (真是那么回事。)
Trust me! (请相信我!)
This stain is really stubborn.
这污垢去不掉。
I would really appreciate your persuading your management.
如果你能说服经营团队,我会很感激。
We really need more specific information about your technology.
我们需要与贵公司技术相关更专门的资讯。
I'm really positive that this product has all the features you have always wanted.
我确信这种产品有各种你所要的款式。
We really can't discount the price more than six percent.
我们真的无法提供超过6%的折扣。
Do we really have the means to actually pull this off?
我们确实有办法把这事办成吗?
Not really, I'm afraid. We were delayed taking off, and we encountered a lot of bad weather.
不太好,我们起飞延误了,还遭遇了恶劣的气候。
I'm not really sure about that. Mr. Jiang should know the answer to that.
关于那事我不敢确定,蒋先生应该知道答案。
We are really glad to see you so constructive in helping settle the problems as regards the signing of the contract.
我们很高兴您在解决有关合同的问题上如此具有建设性。
Really?? You are so bad!
真的吗?你真棒!!
I must say this about Lee, he's really on the ball.
他做人醒目勤奋。
= He's really working hard.
Oh! you are killing me!
笑死人了。
= It's really funny.
他真是个不知羞耻的家伙。
He‘s really a law-down dirty shame.
他真的太没骨气了。
He really has no guts.
A rough diamond 内秀外粗的人
Rough diamond 指“没加工的钻石”,用来指内秀外粗的人,真是妙语!
The guy is really a rough diamond , and he can get everything right ,although he is a little bit careless .
这家伙真的是个外粗内秀的人,他什么都能搞定,虽然他有点大大咧咧的。
Do you really mean it?
此话当真?
I'm really dead.
我真要累死了。
It is the peculiarity of knowledge that those who really thirst for it always get it.
只要真正渴求知识,都能得到,这是知识的特点。
Nothing is really beautiful but truth.
只有真理才是真美。
To really understand a man we must judge him in misfortune.
要真正了解一个人,需在不幸中考察他。
We really wish you'll have a pleasant stay here.
我们真诚地希望你们在这里过得愉快。
It will take me several hours if I really look at everything.
如果全部参观的话,那得需要好几个小时。
I would really appreciate your persuading your management.
如果你能说服经营团队,我会很感激。
We really need more specific information about your technology.
我们需要与贵公司技术相关更专门的资讯。
I'm really positive that this product has all the features you have always wanted.
我确信这种产品有各种你所要的款式。
We are really glad to see you so constructive in helping settle the problems as regards the signing of the contract.
我们很高兴您在解决有关合同的问题上如此具有建设性。
I'm sorry to burst in on you like this, but I'm really upset.
我很抱歉这样突然地找您,但我真的很心烦。
That's really something.
真了不起。
I'm very / really / terribly / awfully / extremely sorry.
十分抱歉!
A Actually, when I think about it, I like all the athletics events.
A 事实上,当我想到奥运会的时候,我喜欢所有的田径项目。
B You mean, things like the races – the 100 metres and so on?
B 你是说,像赛跑——100米赛跑之类的项目?
A Yes, and the 200 metres, the 400 metres, the 800 metres and the relay races. I also like the longer distance races – the fifteen hundred metres and the five and ten thousand metres.
A 是的,还有200米,400米,800米和接力赛跑。我还喜欢更长距离的赛跑——一千五百米、五千米和一万米赛跑。
B Yes, all the races are really exciting. What about the other athletics events?
B 是的,所有的赛跑都非常激烈。其他的田径项目怎么样?
A I like them all!? I especially love the long jump and the high jump.
A 我都喜欢!我尤其喜欢跳远和跳高。
B Me too. I also like the hurdles.
B 我也是。我还喜欢跨栏赛跑。
A I think I prefer the indoor events.
A 我想我更喜欢室内项目。
B You mean like gymnastics, weight-lifting and so on – things like that?
B 你是说像体操、举重等之类的项目?
A Yes, I prefer gymnastics to athletics. It’s so beautiful to watch. The gymnasts have so much control and discipline.
A 是的, 跟田径项目比起来我更喜欢体操。体操看起来是那么优美。体操运动员有如此强的控制和协调能力。
B I know what you mean. I like it too – and the other indoor sports. I like watching the weight-lifting and I like the judo and boxing.
B 我明白你的意思。我也喜欢体操——还有其他的室内运动。我喜欢看举重,我还喜欢柔道和拳击。
A I’m not so keen on the fighting, like judo and boxing, but I don’t mind the fencing.
A 我不太喜欢像柔道和拳击这样的打斗项目,但是我不介意击剑。
B Yes, that’s good. It’s really fast and exciting.
B 是的,击剑很好。非常迅速、激烈。
A I also like the team sports.
A 我也喜欢集体项目。
B Oh yes, I love them too. I love the team sports – like volleyball and basketball.
B 哦,是的, 我也一样。我喜欢集体项目——像排球和篮球。
A Yes, and football too. The matches are always really exciting.
A 是的,还有足球。这些比赛总是非常激烈。
B I think there’s a good chance of gold in the volleyball.
B 我想排球有夺金的机会。
A Especially the women’s volleyball.
A 尤其是女排。
B Yes, I hope so. That would be great.
B 是的,我希望如此。女排夺金就太好了。
A There will be thousands and thousands of people in Beijing for the Olympics.
A 将有成千上万的人来北京观看奥运会。
B I know. Beijing will be so busy during the Olympics. Everywhere will be crowded.
B 我知道。在奥运会召开期间北京将非常热闹。到处都将很拥挤。
A I guess so. There’ll be lots and lots of tourists from all over the world.
A 我想是这样。将有许许多多来自世界各地的游客。
B And it’s not only the Olympics gyms– everywhere will be crowded. The shops, the streets, the hotels, and the restaurants.
B 不仅奥运会场将很拥挤——到处都将很拥挤。商店、街道、旅馆,还有餐馆。
A I know. I guess the traffic could be really heavy.
A 我知道。我想交通可能非常拥挤。
B At least it’s going to be a really exciting time!
B 至少那将是一个非常激动人心的时刻!
A It’s not only the Olympics. There will be so many changes in Beijing.
A 不仅是奥运会。北京本身也将发生很多变化。
B I know. They are planting millions of trees.
B 我知道。北京正在大量地植树。
A Yes,? Beijing will be the first ‘green’ Olympics. It should really help cut pollution.
A 是的,北京将是第一个举办“绿色”奥运的城市。这对减少污染将有很大的促进作用。
B And make Beijing more beautiful!
B 还会使北京更加美丽!
A And there will be new metro and transport systems.
A 还将有新的地铁和交通系统。
B Beijing will almost be a different city by 2008.
B 到2008年的时候北京将面貌一新。
A What about you What do you do in your free time Any hobbies?
A 你呢? 你在业余时间做什么?有什么爱好吗?
B Yes, I’ve got lots of interests.
B 是的, 我有很多爱好。
A Like what?
A 比如说?
B Well, football, reading . . . but my biggest interest is photography. I really love photography.
B 哦,足球、阅读. . .但是我最大的爱好是摄影。我非常喜欢摄影。
A What kind of photographs do you take?
A 你喜欢拍什么样的照片?
B Just now, I take lots of photos of people and places in Beijing. You know, things like life in the Hutongs.
Everything is changing so fast in Beijing. I feel like I’m recording all the changes.
B 目前,我在北京拍很多人物和地方的照片。你知道,像胡同生活之类的内容。北京的一切都在发生着迅速的变化。我喜欢把这些变化都记录下来。
A What kind of things do you do in your free time?
A 你在业余时间做哪些事情?
B Me I like outdoor activities, I guess.
B 我?我想我喜欢户外活动。
A Like sports?
A 像体育运动?
B Yes. I really like things like cycling and walking. It keeps me fit and healthy.
B 是的。我非常喜欢骑自行车和散步之类的活动。这使我健康、强壮。
A Yes, they’re good for you. I must admit, I like walking too. I go walking in the parks in Beijing most weekends.
A 是的。这些活动对你有好处。我必须承认, 我也喜欢散步。在周末大多数的时候我都在北京的公园里散步。
B I like lots of different keep-fit activities like that – most sports, going to the gym, that kind of thing.
B 我喜欢各种健身活动,像大多数的体育运动,去体育馆活动之类的事情。
A Do you like sports and keep-fit activities?
A 你喜欢体育和健身活动吗?
B Yes, I do . . . but I prefer creative activities.
B 是的,我喜欢. . .但是我更喜欢创造性活动。
A What kind of things?
A 哪些活动?
B Well, like painting. I really enjoy painting. I’m not very good at it, but I enjoy doing it.
B 哦,像绘画。我非常喜欢绘画。我不太擅长,但是我喜欢。
A I never knew you like painting!? I’d love to see your work.
A 我从不知道你喜欢绘画!我想看看你的作品。
B Well, it’s only a hobby really. But I’ll show you some of my paintings, if you like.
B 哦,这只不过是我的爱好。但是如果你愿意的话,我将给你看几幅我的画。
A What would you do if you had more time?
A 如果你有更多的时间你将做什么?
B Me I’d probably learn to play a musical instrument.
B 我?我很可能学习一样乐器。
A Which one?
A 什么乐器?
B Well, if I had more time, I’d learn to play guitar. I really like the sound. What about you?
B 哦,如果我有更多的时间,我将学习弹吉他。我非常喜欢吉他的音色。你呢?
A If I had more time, I’d travel around China. There’s so much to see.
A 如果我有更多的时间,我将到中国各地去旅游。有那么多要看的东西。
B Yes, I agree - that would be good. There are lots of places I’d love to visit.
B 是的, 我同意——那太好了。我想有很多地方可以去玩。
A Whenever I have free time, I go to the gym.
A 当我有时间的时候,我就去体育馆。
B That’s good. It keeps you fit!
B 那好啊!它使你身强体健!
A Yes, my major interests are sporting. I play basketball every week with friends.
A 是的,我的主要兴趣是体育运动。我每周都和朋友打篮球。
B You must be quite good if you play every week.
B 如果你每周都打的话你一定打得很好。
A Yes, not bad!? It’s fun. And we play football too.
A 是的,还不错!很好玩。我们还踢足球。
B That’s a lot exercise. You must be really fit.
B 那有很大的运动量。你一定很强壮。
A What about you? What are your career plans?
A 你呢?你的事业计划是什么?
B I’ve got lots of thoughts and ideas. Most of all, I’d like to start my own business.
B 我有很多的想法。大多数的想法是,我想开创自己的生意。
A Doing what? What kind of business?
A 做什么?做哪一行?
B I’m doing a lot of fashion design at the moment. Designing new clothes and so on. I’d like to sell my designs and the clothes I make.
B 我目前在做服装设计。设计新衣服等等。我想卖自己设计和制作的服装。
A That sounds great. I think you should really try and make a business out of that.
A 听起来好极了。 我想你确实应该尝试开创这样的事业。
B I think it would be so good to be independent and have your own business.
B 我想独立自主,有自己的生意是非常好的。
A You work so hard! Nearly every day of the week!
A 你工作非常辛苦!几乎每天都工作!
B I know. But I’m lucky compared to most people.
B 我知道。但是跟大多数人相比我很幸运。
A How come? In what ways are you lucky?
A 怎么说呢?你在哪方面幸运?
B Because I love what I do. It’s long hours but I love my work.
B 因为我喜欢我做的事。工作时间长,但是我喜欢我的工作。
A I guess most people don’t really love their work – it’s just a job.
A 我想大多数人并不真正喜欢他们的工作——只是工作。
B Yes, they have to do it. They have to earn money. But for me it’s different.
B 是的,他们不得不做。他们得挣钱。但是对我来说不一样。
A I’m so bored with my job!
A 我对自己的工作厌烦透了!
B I thought you liked your work.
B 我以为你喜欢你的工作。
A I used to, but not now. I want to look for a new job. I want a change.
A 我过去喜欢,但是现在不喜欢了。我想找份新工作。我想有个变化。
B But your job is good. You earn good money and it’s interesting.
B 但是你的工作很好啊。你挣得多,工作又有趣。
A Yes, the money is OK, but the job isn’t really that interesting for me. I want to do something new, something different.
A 是的,钱还可以,但是工作对我来讲不是那么有趣。我想做新的事情,不同的事情。
B Well, you should try and find something different.
B 那么,你应该尝试找到不同的工作。
A I’ve got relatives living abroad.
A 我有亲戚住在国外。
B Really? Where?
B 是吗?在哪里?
A In Canada. My aunt and uncle live in Vancouver.
A 在加拿大。我的叔叔和婶婶住在温哥华。
B There’re quite a lot of Chinese communities on the west coast of Canada and the States.
B 在加拿大和美国的西海岸有很多华人社区。
A Yes, there are lots of Chinese in Vancouver. They said it’s a really nice city.
A 是的,在温哥华有很多华人。他们说那是非常美丽的城市。
B Yes, I’ve heard it’s beautiful.
B 是的,我听说过温哥华非常漂亮。
A I’ve also got a cousin in Manchester, England.
A 我在英国的曼彻斯特还有一个表弟。
B Ah, Manchester – home of Manchester United! What does he do?
B 啊,曼彻斯特-曼联队的故乡!他是做什么的?
A He’s studying at the university there. He really likes there.
A 他在那里上大学。他非常喜欢那里。
B I’ve heard that Manchester has a really good Chinatown, like the one in San Francisco.
B 我听说曼彻斯特有一条非常好的唐人街,就像旧金山的那样。
A I think you can find Chinese people all over the world.
A 我想你在世界各地都能看到中国人。
B Well, you should visit your relatives in Canada and England,.
B 哦,你应该去看望加拿大和英国的亲戚。
A I think I’d like to see Ritan Park. I’ve never been before.
A 我想我要到日坛公园看看。我以前从来没有去过那里。
B Oh, you should go. It’s really nice. It’s so central and so peaceful.
B 哦,你应该去。日坛公园非常漂亮。这个公园在市中心地带,而且非常宁静。
A Where is it exactly? How do I get there
A 它的确切位置在哪里?到那怎么走?
B It’s easy from here. See the Friendship Store along there on the left?
B 从这里去很容易。看到前面左侧的友谊商店了吗?
A Yes, I can see that. Where do I go from there?
A 是的,我看到了。从那里我往哪里走?
B Easy. Just turn left at the Friendship Store and Ritan Park is straight ahead. You can’t miss it.
B 容易。就在友谊商店向左拐,日坛公园就在前面。你一定能找得到。
A Let’s meet tomorrow at the Starbucks near the World Trade Center.
A 咱们明天在世界贸易中心附近的星巴克见面。
B How do I find that?
B 我怎么才能找到世界贸易中心?
A Head east and go all the way along Chang’ an Avenue, at the end the World Trade Center is on your left.
A 向东沿着长安大街一直走到头,世界贸易中心就在你的左边。
B OK, on my left at the end of Chang’ an Avenue. I’ve got that. Then what?
B 好,在长安大街尽头,我的左侧。我明白了。然后呢?
A Well, you’ll see the World Trade Center – it’s the really tall building on your left. The Starbucks is at ground floor level, near the entrance to the building.
A 哦,你将看到世界贸易中心——在你左侧非常高的大厦。星巴克在一楼,在大厦的入口附近。
B OK, that sounds easy. See you there tomorrow morning.
B 好,听起来很容易。明天上午在那里见面。
A OK, let’s meet tomorrow at 10 in Starbucks for a working breakfast. We can discuss everything over a coffee.
A 好,我们明天10点在星巴克一起吃工作早餐。我们可以边喝咖啡边讨论事情。
B OK, 10 am tomorrow. Shall I bring my laptop?
B 好的,明天10点。我需要把笔记本电脑带来吗?
A Yes, definitely. We can work there. You can connect to the internet in Starbucks.
A 是的,当然。我们可以在那里工作。在星巴克能上网。
B Really? How do I do that? Do I need a cable or anything?
B 是吗?那我怎么办呢?我需要一根线或者其他什么吗?
A No, it’s easy. No cables, no wires. The whole place is wi-fi broadband connected. All you need is your laptop.
A 不,很简单。不需电缆,不需电线。整个星巴克都可以无线宽带上网。你所需要的只是你的笔记本电脑。
B That’s great. See you at 10.
B 那太棒了。明天10点见。
A Do you use the internet a lot?
A 你经常使用互联网吗?
B Yes, I do. I go online as often as I can. I use the internet a lot to study English.
B 是的,我是。我尽可能经常上网。我经常用互联网学习英语。
A What kind of things do you do?
A 你都做些什么?
B There’s lots of websites with English lessons – and it’s good for reading. I check out all kinds of things in English, like music and football.
B 在很多网站上有英语课程——对阅读很有好处。我用英语查阅各种东西,像音乐和足球。
A Yes, I suppose so. You can listen to your favourite songs in English too.
A 是的,我想是这样。你还可以收听你最喜欢的英文歌曲。
B Yes, it’s really good fun.? It definitely improves my English.
B 是的,有很多的乐趣。这肯定提高我的英语水平。
A The football websites are really good. I follow English football on the internet.
A 足球网非常好。我在互联网上跟踪了解英国足球赛况。
B Do you use English-language websites?
B 你使用英文网站吗?
A For football? Yes, mostly English, sometimes Chinese. The English ones are good for practicing my English.
A 足球的英文网站?是的,大部分是英语网站,有时是中文网站。英文网站对我练习英语有好处。
B I must try them. Can you e-mail me the website addresses?
B 我一定要试一试。你能把那些网站的网址用电子邮件发给我吗?
A Yes, no problem. Apart from helping my English, it’s a great way to keep up-to-date on all the news and results.
A 当然,没问题。除了帮助我学习英语,上网还是了解最新消息和结果的好方法。
B That’s true! It’s good if you’re a football fan who also wants to learn English!
B 确实如此!如果你既是一个球迷又想学英语的话这确实很好。
A Did you take lots of photos when you were in Shanghai?
A 你在上海的时候照了很多照片吗?
B Yes, I did. I took some really good pictures of all the new buildings, especially in Pudong.
B 是的,我照了。我拍了所有的新楼,尤其是蒲东的新楼,照片相当不错。
A I’d love to see them.
A 我很想看一看那些照片。
B I’ll send you the digital photos by e-mail. I’ll send you some of the best ones.
B 我将通过电子邮件给你发送这些数码照片。我将把其中最好的发给你。
A I used to work in Harbin. It was a few years ago, and only for six months.
A 我过去在哈尔滨工作。那是几年前的事情了,在那我只工作了6个月。
B Really? I didn’t know that. When exactly was that – and what was it like?
B 真的吗?我不知道。那是什么时候——究竟是怎么回事?
A Oh, two to three years ago. I really enjoyed it.? It was such a change from Beijing.
A 哦,两三年前的事。我很喜欢那段日子。和在北京的生活是如此不同。?
B I can imagine. I used to live and work in Nanjing and that was very different from Beijing too.
B 我可以想象得到。我过去工作、生活在南京,那里和北京也有很大不同。
A Yes, everything was different – the food, the traffic, the weather, the pace of life.
A 是的,一切都不同——食物、交通、天气,还有生活的节奏。
B I agree. I prefer Beijing but I miss the quieter life. I used to like that.
B 我同意。我更喜欢北京,但是我怀念更安静的生活。我过去很喜欢那样的生活。
A Go on. Come to the party. You’ll enjoy it.
A 去吧。去参加晚会吧。你会很开心的。
B I don’t know. Are you sure it’s OK for me to come with you?
B 我不知道。你肯定我和你一起去合适吗?
A Yes, don’t worry. It will be really good. There should be food, drinks and music.
A 是的, 别担心了。会非常好的。应该有食物、饮料和音乐。
B I must admit, it sounds interesting. OK, I’ll come.
B 我必须承认,这听起来很吸引人。好吧,我去。
A Good. Shall we meet after work on Thursday, about 6? We can catch a taxi together to the party.
A 好极了。我们周四下班后大约6点见面好吗?我们可以乘出租车一起去参加晚会 。
B Yes, that’s fine. See you at 6 on Thursday. Bye!
B 好的,可以。周四6点见。再见!
A That was a good dinner. Time to go home now.
A 晚餐很好。现在该回家了。
B Home? But it’s still early evening! We should go to a disco.
B 回家?但是现在还不是很晚!我们应该去跳迪斯科。
A I’m too tired of a disco. Do you really want to go to one?
A 我太累了,跳不动迪斯科了。你确实非常想去吗?
B Yes, why not? There’s a disco in the club at the hotel.
B 是的,为什么不呢?在旅馆的夜总会里有一个迪斯科舞厅。
A Yes, and it’s noisy and expensive and I’m too tired. Maybe another night.
A 是的,那里很吵闹,东西又贵,而且我还太累了。也许改天晚上吧。
B OK, OK. Maybe another night. But we should go sometime.
B 好,好。也许改天晚上吧。但是我们将来应该去。
A The traffic is really heavy today.
A 今天交通非常拥挤。
B I know. Too many cars, too much pollution!
B 我知道。太多的车,太多的污染!
A Do you drive?
A 你开车吗?
B No, but I’m going to learn. I want to save up and get a car.
B 不,但是我将学习开车。我想攒钱买车。
A Then there will be more cars and more pollution!
A 那么就会有更多的车和更多的污染了!
B I know, but I really want to drive. It will make everything more convenient.
B 我知道,但是我确实想开车。有车办事会更方便。
A Is it difficult to pass the test and get a licence?
A 通过考试获得驾驶执照难吗?
B Yes, it can be quite tough. You don’t always pass the test first time.
B 是的,会相当不容易。不是每个人都能一次通过考试 。
A Do you go to a special driving school for lessons?
A 你去专门的驾驶学校上课吗?
B Yes, and it’s not cheap. But I really want to learn.
B 是的,而且学费不便宜。但是我确实想去学。
A I can understand that. Everybody wants to drive.
A 我能理解。每个人都想开车。
B It would make such a big difference to my life, especially going to work everyday.
B 学会开车对我的生活将带来很大的变化,尤其是对每天上班来说。
A I think the quality of driving is worst at rush hour.
A 我想高峰时刻的驾驶质量是很低的。
B Rush hour is really bad! I think it’s because everybody wants to get home from work.
B 高峰时刻太糟了!我想这是因为大家都要在下班后赶回家。
A Yes. Everyone seems so stressed and bad-tempered.
A 是的,似乎每个人压力都很大,脾气都很坏。
B You can really sense that everyone is in a bad mood in heavy traffic.
B 在交通拥挤的时候你能真切地感觉到大家的情绪都很糟糕。
A I know. I guess it’s because they’re in a hurry but not moving very fast.
A 我知道。我想这是因为他们都很着急,但是又都移动得非常缓慢。
B That’s when accidents happen.
B 事故就发生在这个时候。
A Is there a big difference between driving in Beijing and driving in London?
A 在北京开车和在伦敦开车有很大区别吗?
B Well, the biggest difference is that in Britain we drive on the left. Here, you drive on the right side of the road.
B 哦,最大的区别是在英国我们是左侧通行。在这里,你们是右侧通行。
A Of course. I forgot! This must be very strange for you then?
A 当然, 我忘了!你对这个一定感到很奇怪吧?
B Not really. I’m used to it. In Europe and America, they drive on the same side as China.
B 不太奇怪。我习惯了。在欧洲和美国,也跟中国一样是右侧通行。
A So, is it only Britain that drives on the left?
A 那么说,只有英国是左侧通行了?
B No, not at all. Hong Kong, Japan, India – they’re all the same as Britain. They drive on the left too.
B 不,不是。在香港、日本和印度——都跟英国一样,都是左侧通行。
A I'm very impressed with all the preparations for the Olympics.
A 对奥运会的召开所做的一切准备给我留下了极其深刻的印象。
B So am I. New roads, new metro lines, new sports centres - there's so much going on.
B 我也是。新的道路,新的地铁线,新的体育中心——这么多的东西都在建设中。
A I'm sure they'll be really successful.
A 我肯定它们将非常成功。
B I'm sure they will. The organisation seems excellent.
B 我肯定它们会的。组织工作看起来非常有序。
A I hope your wife likes cold weather.
A 我希望你的妻子喜欢冷天气。
B I know January and February are really cold months.
B 我知道一月和二月是非常寒冷的月份。
A Yes, very cold indeed!
A 是的,的确非常冷!
B But we live in Canada. It's usually freezing there in January and February.
B 但是我们住在加拿大。那里的一月和二月通常也非常寒冷。
A Then she's used to cold winters.
A 那么她就习惯寒冷的冬天了。
B Yes. And she prefers cold weather to hot. The air is clearer.
B 是的。而且跟热天比起来她更喜欢冷天。冷天的空气更新鲜。
A I'm taking a month off for the Olympics.
A 我将为奥运会请一个月的假。
B To spend time with your visitors?
B 为了花时间和你的来访者们在一起?
A Yes, my friends are coming in late July.
A 是的,我的朋友们7月末来。
B That's just before the Olympics, isn't it?
B 就在奥运会开幕之前来,是吗?
A Yes, and they're staying for the whole of August.
I'm going to show them around everywhere.
A 是的,他们将这里度过整个8月。我将带他们到各处转转。
B You'll have a busy time . . . and Beijing will be really busy.
B 他们将会很忙碌. . .北京也会非常热闹。
A Hello, Ping. Did you get the tickets?
A 你好,平! 你拿到票了吗?
B Yes, I did. I collected them this morning when the ticket-office opened.
B 是的,我拿到了。今天早晨售票处开门的时候我拿到的。
A Good. Can we check dates? I'll just get my diary.
A 好。我们能查看一下日期吗?我就把我的日志拿来。
B Okay? The concert is on the 12th at 8pm.
B 好的。音乐会是12日下午8点开始。
A The 12th. Fine. I'm really looking forward to that concert. And the opera?
A 12日。好。我特别期待这场音乐会。那歌剧是什么时候 ?
B It's on the 23rd at 7pm.
B 23日下午7点。
A Look at you! You have blisters on your nose. And your nose is very red!
A 看你呀!你的鼻子上有水泡,而且你的鼻子很红。
B It really hurts.
B 确实很痛。.
A I'm sure it does. What did I tell you?
A 我想肯定很痛。我告诉你什么来着?
B What do you mean?
B 你什么意思?
A I said: Wear a hat. Put on some sunscreen. Sit in the shade. Don't get sunburnt.
A 我说:戴顶帽子。擦防晒霜。坐在阴凉处。不要被晒伤。
B Ouch!
B 哎呦!!
A What should I do? I feel faint. I feel really weak.
A 我该怎么办?我感觉晕。我感觉非常虚弱。
B We'll take you to the hospital. You don't look well.
B 我们将送你去医院。你看起来不好。
A I must sit down for a minute.
A 我必须坐下来呆一会。
B You sit here. I'll get a taxi.
B 你坐在这里。我去叫辆出租车。
A I've got a terrible headache.
A 我头疼得厉害。
B Don't worry. We'll be at the hospital very soon.
B 别担心。我们将很快就到医院。
A My youngest daughter arrives tomorrow.
A 我最小的女儿明天到。
B Ah. Is it her first visit?
B 啊。这是她第一次来吗?
A Yes. She can't wait to see everything, especially the shops and clothes markets. She loves shopping for clothes.
A 是的。她迫不及待地想看看所有的东西,尤其是商店和服装市场。她爱逛街买衣服。
B I understand. She's a teenager!
B 我理解。她是一个十几岁的少年嘛!
A Where should I take her?
A 我应该带她到哪里去?
B Well, there's a really big shopping mall in Haidan. And you could take her to the Silk Market – that’s very central.
B 哦,在海淀有一个相当大的购物中心。你可以带她到丝绸市场去——就在市中心。
A Canada is a big country, I believe.
A 加拿大是个大国,我认为。
B Yes, it is really huge, but China has a much bigger population.
B 是的,它确实非常大,但是中国的人口比它多很多。
A And you come from Toronto. Is Toronto a big city?
A 你从多伦多来。多伦多是个大城市吗?
B Yes, but Beijing is much bigger than Toronto.
B 是的,但是北京比多伦多大得多。
A Maybe Toronto is nicer than Beijing?
A 也许多伦多比北京好?
B They're both good cities. They're just different.
B 它们都是好城市。只是它们不一样。
A You must hate our traffic in Beijing.
A 你一定痛恨我们北京的交通。
B No, not at all. I come from New York, remember. Believe me, we get some very bad traffic jams.
B 不,一点也不。别忘了,我是从纽约来。相信我,我们的交通堵塞非常严重。
A But our traffic is worse, surely.
A 但是我们的交通无疑更糟。
B I'm not so sure. It's pretty bad in most big cities. I think the traffic in New York is worse.
B 我不确定。在大多数大城市里交通都很糟糕。我想纽约的交通更糟。
A Really? You surprise me.
A 真的吗?你让我很吃惊。
B You must come and see for yourself one day.
B 有一天你一定要亲自去看一看。
A I'm astonished! You really think your traffic is worse than ours ...
A 我太吃惊了!你真的认为你们的交通比我们的还糟糕...
B Yes, there are more cars, more buses and more noise.
B 是的,我们那里有更多的小汽车、公共汽车和更大的噪音。
A I think there are more bicycles here.
A 我想这里有更多的自行车。
B Yes, that's true. But they don't cause pollution or traffic jams. One thing in New York is much better, though.
B 是的,确实。但是自行车并不引起污染或者交通阻塞。尽管在纽约有一个方面更好一些。
A What's that?
A 是什么?
B The subway. They subway system in New York is much better.
B 地铁。纽约的地铁系统要好很多。
A What's the weather like here in August?
A 这里八月的天气怎么样?
B It's good. It’s usually between 25 and 30 degrees.
B 很好。气温通常在摄氏25度到30度之间。
A That's perfect for visitors. ?Athens is warmer than Beijing. ?It's sometimes very hot indeed.
A 对游客来说正合适。雅典比北京热一些。有时非常热。
B Really? I didn’t know that.
B 真的吗?我不知道这一点。
A Yes, in August the temperature can go up to 35 degrees and over.
是的,八月时气温能上升到35度甚至更高。
B That's very hot for athletes and visitors.
B 那对运动员和游客来说太热了。
A And what about London? What's London like?
A 伦敦怎么样?伦敦的情况是什么样的?
B Well, in summer it's cooler than here and cooler than Athens.
B 哦,这里夏天很凉爽,比雅典凉爽。
A And wetter, I believe! You get quite a lot of rain.
A 而且更潮湿,我想!你们雨多。
B Yes, perhaps. But it's really green. Greener than Athens, certainly.
B 是的,也许是。但是这里确实是绿色的。比雅典要绿,当然。
A How is that?
A 为什么呢?
B Well, there are lots of trees and parks. In spring and summer London is a really green place.
B 哦,这里有很多树木和公园。春天和夏天伦敦确实是一片绿色。
A I really would like to visit London.
A 我的确非常想去伦敦。
B Yes, I think you'd love it. What would you like to see?
B 是的,我想你会爱上它的。你想看什么?
A Well, one thing especially. The theatre. I'd like to see some shows.
A 哦,特别想看一样东西,剧院。我想看一些演出。
B Yes, London is very good for cinemas and theatres.
B 是的,伦敦以电影院和剧院而著名。
A And I'd like to go to some art galleries and museums. They are very famous.
A 我还想看一些艺术展览馆和博物馆。它们都非常有名。
B That's true. London is excellent for museums and galleries, too.
B 对。伦敦也以博物馆和展览馆而闻名。
A Thanks for getting me an appointment with your hairdresser.
A 谢谢你为我安排和你的美发师的约会。
B No problem. I like your hairstyle.
B 别客气。我喜欢你的发型。
A Thanks. I'm very pleased with it.
A 谢谢。我对它非常满意。
B Yes, it really suits you.
B 是的,它非常适合你。
A Yes, and I like the cut.
The results are stopped at 1000th line. 194 paragraphs, 1000 lines displayed. Top
(Alt+Z : Reinput words.) (You can doubleclick on the English words you are searching for.)