prefer [ pri'fə:] vt.宁可,宁愿
prefer [pri'fə:] vt. 宁愿,更喜欢
prefer [pri'fə:] vt.更喜欢,宁愿
The old man prefers the rural life to the life in the city.
在农村生活和城市生活之间,这位老人更喜欢前者。
Most children prefer playing to working, but Jim is an exception.
许多孩子喜欢玩,而不喜欢做事,但吉姆是个例外。
I don't know why people prefer foreign products.
我不明白为什么人们更喜欢外国产品。
He prefers to be a surgeon rather than a physician.
他喜欢当外科医生而不愿作内科医生。
I prefer classical music to pop or jazz.
我喜欢古典音乐而不喜欢流行音乐或爵士乐。
Which do you prefer, fishing or mountain-climbing?
钓鱼和登山,你更喜欢哪一个?
Neither.
一个都不喜欢。
I prefer tea to coffee.
和咖啡相比,我更喜欢茶。
I prefer fishing to swimming.
比起游泳,我更喜欢钓鱼。
Which would you prefer? 你要选哪个?
Many people prefer living in the country to living in the town.许多人喜欢住在农村而不喜欢住在城市。
I prefer vegetarian food.
我喜欢吃素食。
Of these alternatives, I prefer the former.
在这两者之间我愿选择前者。
I prefer to see animals living in their natural state.
我宁愿看处于野生状态的动物。
I much prefer cats to dogs.
猫和狗之中我更喜欢猫。
He chose Germany, but personally I'd prefer to go to Spain.
他选择了德国,而我个人倒更喜欢西班牙。
Which one do you prefer, an apple or an orange?
你想要哪个,苹果还是橘子?
我是个酒鬼。
I prefer wine to sweets. *直译是“比起甜东西来我更爱喝酒”。
I prefer savory to sweet. (比起甜的来我更爱吃辣的。)
我现在不想谈那件事。
I don't want to talk about it now.
I'd prefer not to talk about it. (我不想谈论那件事。)
最好不要。
I'd rather you didn't. *I'd rather...not表示“如果可以的话,我不想……”、“如果可以的话我想拒绝……”、“如果允许的话我想推辞……”。I'd rather是I would rather的缩写形式,用于婉转地拒绝对方的建议时。
May I smoke? (我可以吸烟吗?)
I'd rather you didn't. (最好不吸。)
Would you mind if I went with you? (我也可以和你一起去吗?)
I'd rather you didn't. (希望你最好别来。)
I'd prefer it if you didn't.
I'd prefer you not to.
I'd rather that you not.
比起咖啡来我更喜欢红茶。
I prefer tea to coffee. *prefer ... to ...“比起……更喜欢……”,用于与某事物做比较时。
I'd rather have tea than coffee. (与其喝咖啡不如喝红茶。)
I like tea better than coffee.
I like tea more than coffee.
Which would you prefer, a smoking seat or a non-smoking seat?
你喜欢哪种,吸烟座还是禁烟座呢?
I would prefer if he comes here.
我倒愿意他去我们那里。
A I think I prefer the indoor events.
A 我想我更喜欢室内项目。
B You mean like gymnastics, weight-lifting and so on – things like that?
B 你是说像体操、举重等之类的项目?
A Yes, I prefer gymnastics to athletics. It’s so beautiful to watch. The gymnasts have so much control and discipline.
A 是的, 跟田径项目比起来我更喜欢体操。体操看起来是那么优美。体操运动员有如此强的控制和协调能力。
B I know what you mean. I like it too – and the other indoor sports. I like watching the weight-lifting and I like the judo and boxing.
B 我明白你的意思。我也喜欢体操——还有其他的室内运动。我喜欢看举重,我还喜欢柔道和拳击。
A I’m not so keen on the fighting, like judo and boxing, but I don’t mind the fencing.
A 我不太喜欢像柔道和拳击这样的打斗项目,但是我不介意击剑。
B Yes, that’s good. It’s really fast and exciting.
B 是的,击剑很好。非常迅速、激烈。
A Do you like sports and keep-fit activities?
A 你喜欢体育和健身活动吗?
B Yes, I do . . . but I prefer creative activities.
B 是的,我喜欢. . .但是我更喜欢创造性活动。
A What kind of things?
A 哪些活动?
B Well, like painting. I really enjoy painting. I’m not very good at it, but I enjoy doing it.
B 哦,像绘画。我非常喜欢绘画。我不太擅长,但是我喜欢。
A I never knew you like painting!? I’d love to see your work.
A 我从不知道你喜欢绘画!我想看看你的作品。
B Well, it’s only a hobby really. But I’ll show you some of my paintings, if you like.
B 哦,这只不过是我的爱好。但是如果你愿意的话,我将给你看几幅我的画。
A I used to work in Harbin. It was a few years ago, and only for six months.
A 我过去在哈尔滨工作。那是几年前的事情了,在那我只工作了6个月。
B Really? I didn’t know that. When exactly was that – and what was it like?
B 真的吗?我不知道。那是什么时候——究竟是怎么回事?
A Oh, two to three years ago. I really enjoyed it.? It was such a change from Beijing.
A 哦,两三年前的事。我很喜欢那段日子。和在北京的生活是如此不同。?
B I can imagine. I used to live and work in Nanjing and that was very different from Beijing too.
B 我可以想象得到。我过去工作、生活在南京,那里和北京也有很大不同。
A Yes, everything was different – the food, the traffic, the weather, the pace of life.
A 是的,一切都不同——食物、交通、天气,还有生活的节奏。
B I agree. I prefer Beijing but I miss the quieter life. I used to like that.
B 我同意。我更喜欢北京,但是我怀念更安静的生活。我过去很喜欢那样的生活。
A Shall we go and see the new movie?
A 咱们一起去看那部新电影好吗?
B Yes. I prefer seeing a movie at the cinema rather than on DVD.
B 好的。跟看DVD比起来我更喜欢在电影院看电影。
A So do I. It’s much better on the big screen.
A 我也是。电影在大银幕上看要好得多。
B Where shall we go? Is there a good cinema near here?
B 咱们去哪里看? 这附近有好电影院吗?
A Yes, there’s one not far from here. It’s about 5 minutes by taxi.
A 是的,离这里不远有一家。乘出租车大约需要5分钟。
B Great. Let’s go. I like going out to the cinema.
B 好极了!咱们去吧。我喜欢出去看电影。
A We could go out to the Summer Palace on the weekend if it’s nice weather. And maybe the Ming Tombs too.
A 如果天气好的话,这个周末我们可以去颐和园。也许还去明十三陵。
B That would be nice. Do you have a car?
B 那好啊。你有车吗?
A Yes, I do. I’ve got a car. I could pick you up on Saturday early morning and we could drive before it gets busy.
A 是的,我有。我有一辆小汽车。我可以在周六早晨早早接你,然后我们在交通变得繁忙之前驾车出行。
B That would be fine if it’s OK for you on Saturday early morning.
B 如果周六清早对你合适的话就太好了。
A I prefer it earlier. It’s nicer driving. The roads are quieter, not so busy.
A 我喜欢早一点。那时开车比较好。道路比较安静,车辆不多。
B That’s true. And it’s usually quieter on Saturday anyway.
B 是这样。而且周六通常要安静一些。
A I hope your wife likes cold weather.
A 我希望你的妻子喜欢冷天气。
B I know January and February are really cold months.
B 我知道一月和二月是非常寒冷的月份。
A Yes, very cold indeed!
A 是的,的确非常冷!
B But we live in Canada. It's usually freezing there in January and February.
B 但是我们住在加拿大。那里的一月和二月通常也非常寒冷。
A Then she's used to cold winters.
A 那么她就习惯寒冷的冬天了。
B Yes. And she prefers cold weather to hot. The air is clearer.
B 是的。而且跟热天比起来她更喜欢冷天。冷天的空气更新鲜。
A Did you have a good time with Mr. Li last night?
A 你昨晚和李先生度过了愉快的时光吗?
B Yes, it was good to see him.
B 是的,见到他非常高兴。
A Where did you go?
A 你们去了哪里?
B We went to a very nice restaurant in Houhai.
B 我们去了在后海的一家非常别致的餐馆。
A You don't sound very enthusiastic...
A 听起来你的情绪不太热情..
B Well, for me the restaurant was too noisy. I prefer quieter places.
B 哦,对我来说那家餐馆太吵了。我更喜欢安静一些的地方。
A Hi Neil. Did you see the match? What a great game!
A 嗨,尼尔!你看比赛了吗?多么精彩的比赛呀!
B No, I didn’t see it. ?I just don't like football. For me, it’s dull and boring.
B 不,我没有。我就是不喜欢足球。对我来说,足球枯燥又无聊。
A Dull and boring? How can you say that?
A 枯燥又无聊?你怎么能这么说呢?
B Well, I prefer other sports. Football’s not my thing.
B 哦,我更喜欢其他运动。足球不是我所喜欢的。
A I have no idea you dislike it so much.
A 我不明白你为什么这么不喜欢足球。
B Tennis is my game. I’d rather watch tennis than football.
B 网球是我所爱。我宁愿看网球而不是足球比赛。
A I think I prefer the indoor events.
A 我想我更喜欢室内项目。
B You mean like gymnastics, weight-lifting and so on – things like that?
B 你是指像体操、举重等等之类的项目吗?
A Yes, I prefer gymnastics to athletics or swimming. It’s so beautiful to watch. The gymnasts have so much control and discipline.
A 是的,跟田径或者游泳比起来我更喜欢体操。体操看起来非常漂亮。体操运动员有这么强的控制力和纪律性。
B I like it too – and the other indoor sports. I like watching judo and boxing.
B 我也喜欢体操——还有其他的室内运动。我喜欢看柔道和拳击。
A Yes, they’re good. They’re really fast and exciting.
A 是的,这两个项目也很好。它们速度快而且很激烈。
A Where shall we eat tonight? What kind of food would you like to try?
A 我们今晚在哪里见面?你想吃什么菜?
B I’m not sure. There’s such a wide choice in Beijing.
B 我不确定。在北京有很多的选择。
A How about Thai or Vietnamese? There’s lots of good places.
A 泰国菜或者越南菜怎么样?有很多好地方可去。
B I love Asian food, but I think I’d prefer Italian tonight. I like Italian best of all.
B 我喜欢亚洲菜,但是我想我今晚更想吃意大利菜。我最喜欢意大利菜。
A OK. I know a good Italian restaurant in one of the hotels. Shall we try that?
A 好的。我知道在一家旅馆里有一家不错的意大利餐馆。我们去那里试试好吗?
A That’s a great car. What make is it?
A 那是一辆漂亮的小汽车。是什么牌的?
B It’s Japanese, I think. It’s a Toyota.
B 我想是日本产的。是丰田牌的。
A It looks not bad. I wonder how expensive it is.
A 看起来不错。我想知道它有多贵。
B I’m not sure. Some Japanese cars are quite reasonable prices. Some Korean ones too.
B 我不清楚。有些日本车价格很合理,有些韩国车也一样。
A Yes, maybe. I really prefer German cars.
A 是的,也许是的。我更喜欢德国车。
B Mercedes, Audis, BMWs. They’re fantastic cars, but very expensive.
B 像梅赛德斯、奥迪、宝马。它们都是很棒的车,但是非常昂贵。
A I think I’ll go back to my hotel for a rest.
A 我想我要回旅馆休息一下。
B Where is your hotel? Is it far?
B 你住的旅馆在哪里?距离这里远吗?
A No, it’s not far. It’s about one kilometre that way, just before Tiananmen Square.
A 不,不远。在那边大约1公里处,就在天安门广场的前面。
B That’s not too far. ?Do you want to take a taxi?
B 那不太远。你想打辆出租车吗?
A No I’d prefer to walk. It’s not far – and it’s a nice day anyway.
A 不,我想步行。路不远——今天天气又很好。
B OK. I guess it is a nice day for walking. Have a good rest and see you later.
B 好吧。我想这样的天气适合走一走。好好休息一下,呆会见。
A Shall we go and see the new movie?
A 咱们去看新电影好吗?
B Yes. Let’s go to the cinema. I prefer seeing a movie at the cinema rather than on DVD.
B 好的,咱们去电影院。我更喜欢在电影院看电影,而不是用DVD看。
A So do I. It’s much better on the big screen.
A 我也是。在大屏幕上看效果要好得多。
B Is there a good cinema near here?
B 这附近有好电影院吗?
A Yes, there’s one not far from here. It’s about 10 minutes in a taxi.
A 是的,距离这里不远就有一家。乘出租车大约10分钟到。
B Great. Let’s go.
B 好极 了!咱们走吧!
A I like the indoor events too.
A 我也喜欢室内项目。
B Which ones? I like sports like gymnastics.
B 哪些项目?我喜欢像体操之类的运动。
A Yes, I think I prefer gymnastics to athletics. It’s so beautiful to watch. The gymnasts have so much control and discipline.
A 是的,跟田径比起来,我更喜欢体操。体操比赛看起来非常美。体操运动员的控制能力是如此地强。
B I like it too – and the other indoor sports. I like watching the weight-lifting and I like the judo and boxing.
B 我也喜欢体操——还有其他的室内项目。我喜欢看举重,我还喜欢柔道和拳击。
A I’m not so keen on the fighting, like judo and boxing.
A 我不太喜欢像柔道和拳击这样的打斗项目。
Remember prefer / prefer if you like something more than another thing, eg: I prefer the indoor events to the athletics events / I prefer the indoor events to the athletics events.
记住如果你喜欢某事物胜过其他,用prefer /更喜欢。例如I prefer the indoor events to the athletics events / 跟田径项目比起来我更喜欢室内项目。
If you want to say that you don’t really like something very much, you can say I’m not so keen on . . . / I’m not so keen on . . . eg: I’m not so keen on swimming: I prefer gymnastics / I’m not so keen on swimming: I prefer gymnastics.
What’s the weather like in London?
伦敦的天气怎么样?
Just now, it’s like Beijing: warm and sunny.
刚才的天气就像北京:温暖而晴朗。
Does it usually rain a lot in London?
伦敦经常下雨吗?
I suppose so! We get a lot of rain, but we also get good weather.
我想是的。我们那里的雨水很多,但是我们也有好天气。
Beijing can be very hot in the summer. I prefer autumn.
北京的夏天非常热。我更喜欢秋天。
Yes, I like autumn – and spring too.
是的,我也喜欢秋天和春天。
What’s the weather like in New York?
纽约的天气怎样?
Similar to here I guess.
我想和这里差不多。
Is it like Beijing?
像北京的天气?
Yes, I guess so. It’s really hot in summer but it can be freezing cold in winter.
是的,我想是的。夏天非常热,但是冬天非常冷。
Yes, that sounds like Beijing!
是的,听起来跟北京很像。
I prefer spring and fall. I think New York is best in spring and fall.
我更喜欢春天和秋天。我想春天和秋天的纽约是最好的。
Beijing too!
北京也一样!
Would you like a coffee?
你想喝杯咖啡吗?
Could I have a tea, please? I prefer tea.
我能喝茶吗?我更喜欢茶。
Yes, sure. What kind of tea?
当然可以, 你要什么茶?
Jasmine tea, thanks.
茉莉花茶,谢谢。.
One coffee, please. Filter coffee. And Jasmine tea also. Thanks.
请来一杯咖啡。过滤咖啡。还有茉莉花茶,谢谢。
Anything else, sir?
还要什么,先生?
No, that’s all. Thanks.
不, 就这些。谢谢。
How about you? What sports do you play?
你呢?你做哪些运动?
Well, I don’t have much free time for sports. I prefer watching it on television!
哦,我没有太多的时间做运动。我更喜欢在电视上看各种运动。
Which one do you like?
你喜欢哪种运动?
I always watch football on television,but I also like basketball and gymnastics.
我总是在电视上看足球比赛。但是我也喜欢篮球和体操。
I think you should start playing something – maybe football. It’s good exercise for you.
我想你应该开始做运动——可能是足球。这对你来说是一项不错的运动。
Maybe!
也许吧!
I think I prefer the indoor events.
我想我更喜欢室内项目。
You mean like gymnastics, weight-lifting and so on – things like that?
你是指像体操、举重等等之类的项目吗?
Yes, I prefer gymnastics to athletics or swimming. It’s so beautiful to watch.
The gymnasts have so much control and discipline.
是的,跟田径或者游泳比起来我更喜欢体操。体操看起来非常漂亮。
体操运动员有这么强的控制力和纪律性。
I like it too – and the other indoor sports. I like watching judo and boxing.
我也喜欢体操——还有其他的室内运动。我喜欢看柔道和拳击。
Yes, they’re good. They’re really fast and exciting.
是的,这两个项目也很好。它们速度快而且很激烈。
Have you visited other places in China?
你去过中国的其他地方吗?
Yes, I’ve been to Shanghai and to Xi’an.
是的,我还去过上海和西安。
So you know Shanghai and Xi’an quite well?
这么说你也很了解上海和西安了?
No, not really. I only visited them once.
不,不太了解。我只到过那里一次。
They’re different to Beijing.
它们和北京不一样。
Yes, I agree. But I prefer Beijing. It’s my favourite place in China.
是的,我同意。但是我更喜欢北京。它是我最喜欢的中国城市。
A I really like the swimming races. Do you?
A 我非常喜爱观看游泳比赛,你呢?
B Yes. I like the swimming races, but I prefer the diving events.
B 是的,我也喜欢, 但是我更喜爱跳水比赛。
A You’re right. The diving is very exciting.
A 你是对的,跳水确实是更令人激动的比赛。
I like swimming, but I prefer diving.
我喜欢游泳,但是更喜欢跳水。
I like meat, but I prefer fish.
我喜欢吃肉食,但更喜欢吃鱼。
I like coffee, but I prefer tea.
我喜欢喝咖啡,但更喜欢喝茶。
I like Shanghai, but I prefer Beijing.
我喜欢上海,但更喜欢北京。
A Let’s order some dishes. Shall we get beef and pork?
A 咱们来点菜吧。吃点牛肉和猪肉怎样?
B Yes, and some vegetable dishes.
B 好呀,再有些蔬菜类的。
A OK. What about noodles or rice?
A 好的。主食是面条还是米饭呢?
B I’m easy. Which do you prefer?
B 我不介意。你更喜欢什么?
A Noodles for me. Can I have some noodles, please?
A 我比较喜欢面条。请给我来碗面条。
A Have you tried the Thai restaurant in your hotel?
A 你去过你下榻的宾馆的那家泰国餐厅了吗?
B Yes, it was OK. I quite like Thai food.
B 是的,那个还可以。我挺喜欢泰国风味的。
A Do you prefer Chinese cuisine?
A 你是不是更喜欢中国风味。
B Well, I like both. Chinese cuisine is great and Thai food is good too.
B 嗯,我两个都喜欢。中国风味是很棒,泰国风味也是很好吃的。
A You should also try the Cantonese restaurant in your hotel.
A 你应该试试那家粤式餐厅也在你的宾馆里。
A I think I prefer the indoor events.
A 我觉得我比较喜欢室内比赛。
B You mean like gymnastics, weight-lifting and so on – things like that?
B 你是指体操,举重等等,是像这样的吗?
A Yes, I prefer gymnastics to athletics. It’s so beautiful to watch.
A 对,我更喜欢看体操和赛跑相比。体操看起来总是很美。
B I like watching the weight-lifting and I like the judo and boxing.
B 我喜欢看举重表演,还很喜欢柔道和拳击。
I prefer gymnastics to athletics / 我跟喜欢看体操和赛跑比较。
I prefer boxing to judo.
我喜欢看拳击胜于柔道。
I prefer football to volleyball.
我喜欢足球胜于排球比赛。
I prefer swimming to athletics.
我喜欢看游泳比赛胜于赛跑比赛。
I prefer Cantonese food to Shanghai food.
我跟喜欢粤式菜肴和上海菜相比。
A Beijing can be so hot in the summer.
A 北京夏天常能热得吓人。
B Yes, and there’s a lot of traffic pollution. It’s not so nice.
B 是啊,同时还有交通污染问题。不是非常好的状况。
A It’s always the same with big cities. Too many cars.
A 每个大城市都有这个问题。太多汽车了。
B I prefer it in the springtime when it’s cooler.
B 我更喜欢春季,那是会凉爽一点。
I prefer the red handbag.
我更喜欢红色的手提包。
I like those blue shoes.
我喜欢那双蓝色的鞋。
I want to buy some black shoes.
我想去买一些黑色的鞋。
I’ve got a green and white football shirt.
我有一件绿色和白色混和的足球体恤。
A Where shall we eat tonight? There’s so much to choose from.
A 咱们今晚去哪里吃饭?这里有太多选择了。
B Italian or French? I know some good Italian and French restaurants.
B 意大利还是法国风味?我知道一些很好的意大利和法式餐厅。
B No, I prefer Asian. I’m just not sure which.
B 不,我比较喜欢亚洲风味。但是我就是不知道选哪种。
A Well, there’s lots of Chinese cuisine – Beijing, Sechuan, Cantonese. How about Thai food?
A 嗯,这里有很多中国风味-北京,四川,粤式。或者泰国风味?
I went to Thailand on holiday. I like Thai food.
我这个假期去泰国了。我很喜欢泰国风味的食物。
I prefer Vietnamese food.
我比较喜欢越南食物。
My favourite cuisine in China is Cantonese.
我最喜欢的中国食物风味是粤式。
I love Italian food.
我非常喜欢意大利分为的食物。
The people may safely be trusted to hear everything true and false, and to form a correct judgment,Were it fall to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers of newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.
Thomas Jefferson, American president
人民是完全可以信赖的,应该让他们听到一切真实和虚伪的东西,然后作出正确的判断。倘使让我来决定,我们应该是有一个政府而不要报纸呢,还是应该有报纸而不要政府,我会毫不犹豫选择后者。
美国总统杰斐逊.T.
The people may safely be trusted to hear everything true and false, and to form a correct judgment,Were it fall to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers of newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.
Thomas Jefferson, American president
人民是完全可以信赖的,应该让他们听到一切真实和虚伪的东西,然后作出正确的判断。倘使让我来决定,我们应该是有一个政府而不要报纸呢,还是应该有报纸而不要政府,我会毫不犹豫选择后者。
美国总统杰斐逊.T.
@@@ 宁愿
prefer to 1.宁愿..., 更喜爱
2.喜爱A甚于B; 选择A而不选择B
would rather 宁愿, 宁可
would rather ... than 宁愿...而不愿
@@@ 更
be better off doing sth. 日子更好过, 处境更加佳
have more to do with 与...更有关
look beyond 朝比...更远的地方看; 考虑...以后(更大)的问题
much less 更不用说; 更少; 不及
narrow down 缩小或限制范围(使更确切)
not to mention 更别提..., 更不必说...
pave the way for 为铺平道路; 使...更易
prefer to 1.宁愿..., 更喜爱
2.喜爱A甚于B; 选择A而不选择B
@@@ 爱; 喜欢
a standing ovation 起立欢呼
acquire a taste for sth. 对...有兴趣, 开始喜欢
attach to 1.依附在...上; 系在...上
2.依恋; 喜爱
3.认为...有重要性
be fond of 喜欢; 偏爱
care for 1.照顾, 照看
2.喜欢,喜爱
catch on 1.理解, 领会
2.逐渐流行, 逐渐受欢迎
do one's thing 做拿手的并且喜欢做的事
endear to (使)受到喜爱
enthusiasm for 热衷; 热爱
fall in love with 爱上...; 喜欢上...
keen on 喜爱; 热衷于
love affair 恋爱; 风流韵事
make sb. welcome 表示欢迎
prefer to 1.宁愿..., 更喜爱
2.喜爱A甚于B; 选择A而不选择B
take care of 1.负责, 处理
2.照顾, 照应; 爱护
welcome back 欢迎回来
@@@ 选择
candidate for ...的候选人
natural selection 自然选择
pick out 精心挑选
prefer to 1.宁愿..., 更喜爱
2.喜爱A甚于B; 选择A而不选择B
run for 竞选
sift through 筛选; 详查; 细查
sign up for 报名, 注册; 选课
single out 挑出, 选出
try out for (为获得球队或演出的一个角色职位等)参加选拔
vote in 投票选出
We prefer packing in smaller cases.
我们宁愿用小箱子包装。
We prefer to withhold offers for a time.
我们宁愿暂停报盘。
A: What’s the weather like in London?
A: 伦敦的天气怎么样?
B: Just now, it’s like Beijing: warm and sunny.
B: 刚才的天气就像北京:温暖而晴朗。
A: Does it usually rain a lot in London?
A: 伦敦经常下雨吗?
B: I suppose so! We get a lot of rain, but we also get good weather.
B: 我想是的。我们那里的雨水很多,但是我们也有好天气。
A: Beijing can be very hot in the summer. I prefer autumn.
A: 北京的夏天非常热。我更喜欢秋天。
B: Yes, I like autumn – and spring too.
B: 是的,我也喜欢秋天--还有春天。
A: Yes, that sounds like Beijing!
A: 是的,听起来跟北京很像。
B: I prefer spring and fall. I think New York is the best in spring and fall.
B: 我更喜欢春天和秋天。我想春天和秋天的纽约是最好的。
A: Beijing too!
A: 北京也一样!
A: Yan, would you like some coffee?
A: 燕,你想喝杯咖啡吗?
B: Could I have some tea, please? I prefer tea.
B: 我能喝茶吗?我更喜欢茶。
A: Yes, sure. What kind of tea?
A: 当然可以, 你要什么茶?
B: Jasmine tea, thanks.
B: 茉莉花茶,谢谢。.
If you like something more than something else, you can use prefer / prefer: e.g., I prefer tea / I prefer tea; I like beer, but I prefer orange juice. / I like beer, but I prefer orange juice.
如果你在两者之间更喜欢其一,你可以用prefer / 更喜欢: 例如, I prefer tea / I 我更喜欢茶; I like beer, but I prefer orange juice. / 我喜欢啤酒,但我更喜欢橘子汁。
A: How about you, Lin? What sports do you play?
A: 你呢,林?你做哪些运动?
B: Well, I don’t have much free time for sports. I prefer watching it on television!
B: 哦,我没有太多的时间做运动。我更喜欢在电视上看各种运动。
A: Which one do you like?
A: 你喜欢哪种运动?
B: I always watch football on television. But I also like basketball and gymnastics.
B: 我总是在电视上看足球比赛。但是我也喜欢篮球和体操。
A: I think you should start playing something – maybe football. It’s good exercise for you.
A: 我想你应该开始做运动——可能是足球。这对你来说是一项不错的运动。
B: Maybe!
B: 也许吧!
If you prefer something to something else, you can say I prefer . . . / I prefer . . . e.g.: I prefer watching sport on television / I prefer watching sport on television: I prefer Sichuan food to Cantonese food / I prefer Sichuan food to Cantonese food.
如果在两者之间你更喜欢其中之一,你可以说I prefer . . . / 我喜欢 . . .例如:I prefer watching sport on television /我更喜欢看电视上的体育节目: I prefer Sichuan food to Cantonese food / 跟广东菜相比,我更喜欢四川菜。
A: Have you visited other places in China?
A: 你去过中国的其他地方吗?
B: Yes, I’ve been to Shanghai and to Xi’an.
B: 是的,我还去过上海和西安。
A: So you know Shanghai and Xi’an quite well?
A: 这么说你也很了解上海和西安了?
B: No, not really. I’ve only been to those cities once.
B: 不,不太了解。我只到过那里一次。
A: They’re different from Beijing.
A: 它们和北京不一样。
B: Yes, I agree. But I prefer Beijing. It’s my favourite place in China.
B: 是的,我同意。但是我更喜欢北京。它是我最喜欢的中国城市。
Remember how to say you prefer one thing to another, e.g.: I prefer Beijing to Shanghai / I prefer Beijing to Shanghai: I prefer London to Manchester / I prefer London to Manchester.
记住怎样说你更喜欢两者中的一个。例如: I prefer Beijing to Shanghai / 跟上海比起来我更喜欢北京: I prefer London to Manchester / 跟曼彻斯特比起来我更喜欢伦敦。
比较喜欢 [bǐ jiào xǐ huān] /prefer/
{adj: former} referring to the first of two things or persons mentioned (or the earlier one or ones of several)
"the novel was made into a film in 1943 and again in 1967; I prefer the former version to the latter one"
<-> latter
{adj: windless} without or almost without wind
"he prefers windless days for playing golf"
{adv: bareback, barebacked} without a saddle
"she prefers to ride her horse bareback"
{adv: second hand} from a source of previously owned goods
"I prefer to buy second hand"
{adv: secondhand} by indirect means
"I heard about it only secondhand or thirdhand"
"he prefers to buy secondhand"
{adv: sidearm} in a sidearm manner
"he prefers to throw sidearm"
{n: derivation} the source or origin from which something derives (i.e. comes or issues)
"he prefers shoes of Italian derivation"
"music of Turkish derivation"
{n: dove, peacenik} someone who prefers negotiations to armed conflict in the conduct of foreign relations
<-> hawk
{n: majority, bulk} the property resulting from being or relating to the greater in number of two parts; the main part
"the majority of his customers prefer it"
"the bulk of the work is finished"
<-> minority
{n: reclusiveness} a disposition to prefer seclusion or isolation
{n: ribbon snake, Thamnophis sauritus} slender yellow-striped North American garter snake; prefers wet places
{n: sagebrush lizard, Sceloporus graciosus} a ground dweller that prefers open ground and scattered low bushes; of United States west between Rocky and Sierra Nevada Mountains
{n: smooth softshell, Trionyx muticus} river turtle of Mississippi basin; prefers running water
{n: smoothness} a texture without roughness; smooth to the touch
"admiring the slim smoothness of her thighs"
"some artists prefer the smoothness of a board"
<-> roughness
{n: spiny softshell, Trionyx spiniferus} river turtle of western United States with a warty shell; prefers quiet water
{n: swamp pine} any of several pines that prefer or endure moist situations such as loblolly pine or longleaf pine
{n: type} a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
"what type of sculpture do you prefer?"
<-> antitype
{v: choose, prefer, opt} select as an alternative ; choose instead ; prefer as an alternative
"I always choose the fish over the meat courses in this restaurant"
"She opted for the job on the East coast"
{v: prefer, favor, favour} promote over another
"he favors his second daughter"
{v: prefer} give preference to one creditor over another
{v: prefer} like better ; value more highly
"Some people prefer camping to staying in hotels"
"We prefer sleeping outside"
{v: wish, care, like} prefer or wish to do something
"Do you care to try this dish?"
"Would you like to come along to the movies?"
Once breakfast is finished, Mom begins putting away the Christmas tree, an annual task she prefers to do alone.
一吃完早餐,妈妈就开始收拾圣诞树。这一年一次的活儿她宁愿独自去做。
What Piaget was after was a theory that could find in the wind dialogue coherence, ingenuity and the practice of a kind of explanatory principle( in this case by referring to body actions) that stands young children in very good stead when they don't know enough or have enough skill to handle the kind of explanation that grown-ups prefer.
皮雅杰追求的是一种理论,它能在关于风的对话中发现孩手们的某种解释原则所具有的连贯性、创造性和实践性(在此是通过参照身体行为),而这种原则往往在小孩子们知道得不多,或还没有足够的技巧会应付成人比较喜欢的那种解释时,对他们有很大益处。
Japanese students seem to be losing patience with work... ( and) prefer easy jobs without heavy responsibility.
日本学生似乎正对工作失去耐心……(而且)更喜欢无需负重大责任的轻松工作。
People prefer to work for the companies that offer the most technology and the greatest opportunities for taking advantage of it.
人们更喜欢到那些向员工提供先进技术、让他们充分利用这些技术的公司工作。
If you prefer to have fun with your children there are many choices.
如果你想带带孩子一起玩,有许多选择。
We prefer movers and shapers of the right culture.
我们希望成为积向上的文化的塑造者。
Unlike the French with their fondness for poodles, Germans prefer canines to be a bit more imposing.
酷爱鬈毛狗的法国人不同,德国人更喜欢块头大一些的狗。
She perhaps agrees, but prefers denial and resumption of her re-election campaign.
凯可能也这样认为,但她拒绝承认,仍继续参加竞选,争取再次当上众议员。
Boeing foresees the industry's current " hub-and-spoke " system giving way to more point-to-point connections, which many flyers prefer.
波音预测,航空运输业目前的枢纽辐射方式将改变成更多的点对点连接,这是很多搭乘飞机的人所希望出现的情形。
While some prefer mobile phones and P.D.A.S. in a single unit, Swedish manufacturer Ericsson believes that if built separately, they can offer more flexibility.
一些制造商喜欢把移动电话和 P.D.A.S. 合二为一,但瑞典的爱立信公司却认为,如果分开制造,两者使用起来更加灵活机动。
For example, you l decide if you want to give orders to your car's computer about directions or if you would prefer to speak directly to a customer representative who would give you the same information.
比如,你将决定是向车上计算机发出方向的指令,还是直接跟客户服务代表讲话,他也可以给你同样的信息。
But the director of the center, former Iraqi exile Sadoun al-Dulame, says 58 percent of the respondents said they don't care who wins the U.S. presidential election."But in the end, those who said they care about what happens in America, Kerry [is] in front of Bush," he noted. "22.5 percent said we prefer to see Kerry as the next American president. And those who said we prefer Bush just 16 percent, no more. And, that's a decline for Bush because when we asked the Iraqis two months ago, Bush was in front of Kerry."
但是该研究中心的负责人阿尔杜拉米说,百分之五十八的人说,他们并不关心谁赢得美国的总统职位。他说:“然而到最后,那些表示关心在美国发生的事的人当中,有百分之二十二点五说他们愿意克里参议员出任总统。说支持布什的人只有百分之十六。对布什总统来说,这是下降了。因为在两个月前我们向伊拉克人提出同样的问题时,布什领先于克里。
In a further breakdown of the statistics, Mr. al-Dulame said 60 percent of Kurdish respondents from northern Iraq said they support Mr. Bush. Most Kurds were staunch opponents of Saddam Hussein.The poll indicated 75 percent of Arab Iraqis who have an opinion support John Kerry. Mr. Dulame said Iraqis from the Shiite muslim majority generally prefer President Bush. But a large majority of Sunnis responding to the survey oppose the president. Saddam Hussein is a Sunni Muslim.
阿尔杜拉米对调查获得的数据进一步分析以后表示,伊拉克北部库尔德人表示支持布什总统。大多数的库尔德人都坚决反对萨达姆。调查表明,百分之75的阿拉伯伊拉克人支持克里参议员。阿尔杜拉米说,来自什叶派穆斯林的多数派伊拉克人支持布什总统。但是接受调查的逊尼派穆斯林的伊拉克人则反对布什总统。萨达姆是逊尼派穆斯林。
F65.5
Sadomasochism
A preference for sexual activity which involves the infliction of pain or humiliation, or
bondage. If the subject prefers to be the recipient of such stimulation this is called
masochism; if the provider, sadism. Often an individual obtains sexual excitement from
both sadistic and masochistic activities.
Masochism
Sadism
虐待 . 被虐待症
一种对於羞辱、绑缚或造成痛苦之性活动的癖好。
假使患者是偏好接受这些刺激者 , 则称为被虐症患
者 , 反之则称为虐待症患者。通常这类患者藉着由
施虐与被虐两种过程中 , 得到性的快感。
虐待症
被虐待症
111 paragraphs, 592 lines displayed. Top
(Alt+Z : Reinput words.) (You can doubleclick on the English words you are searching for.)