holiday [ 'hɔlədi] n.假日,节日;假期
holiday ['hɔlədi] n. 假日;假期
holiday ['hɔlədi] 假期
带薪假期 paid holiday
渡假外交 holiday-making diplomacy
假日经济 holiday economy
Holiday Candle 节日蜡烛
Holiday Decoration 节日装饰
Best wishes for the holidays and happiness throughout the New Year.
恭贺新禧,万事如意。
Wishing you happiness during the holidays and throughout the New Year.
祝节日快乐,新年幸福。
Best wishes for the holidays and happiness throughout the New Year.
恭贺新禧,万事如意。
Wishing you happiness during the holidays and throughout the New Year.
祝节日快乐,新年幸福。
With many good wishes for the holidays and the coming year!
With the compliments of the season.
祝贺佳节。
Certain stations are closed on public holidays. 假日某些车站关闭
We want you to have a good holiday 我们让你渡过一个愉快的假日。
假日经济 Holiday Economy
Holiday Inns 假日旅馆
legal holiday 法定假日
official holiday 法定假日
Tomorrow will be a holiday.
明天放假。
If I were a medical man, I should prescribe a holiday to any patient who considered his work important.
我如果是医生,就会开处方给所有认为自己的工作非同小可的病人放一天假。
The boys are impatient for the summer holidays to come.
男孩子们渴望暑假的到来。
They had a wonderful holiday, despite the bad weather.
尽管天气不好,他们的假日仍然过得很愉快。
This holiday will give you a chance to relax.
这个假日会给你一个放松的机会。
Well, have a good holiday. Enjoy yourself, and don't do anything that you wouldn't do.
好,祝你假日愉快 ! 玩个痛快,不要做任何你不愿做的事。
It's fashionable to go to the mountains for holidays.
去山里度假成了时髦的事儿。
It's an ideal place for a holiday.
这是一个度假的理想的地方。
He made a radical change in his plans; instead of taking a holiday, he went on with his experiments.
他完全改变了原定的计划,不去度假了,而是継续做实验。
They were prevented from going on holiday by their lack of money.
他们由于缺钱而不能去度假。
The day of the holiday is approaching.
假期快来临了。
If it rains we'll have to alter our plans for the holiday.
如果下雨,我们就得改变我们的度假计划。
They generally go to France for their holidays.
他们通常去法国度假。
We imagine a quiet holiday at home for this summer after a busy year.
忙碌了一年, 我们打算今年夏天在家过个安静的假期。
Having a holiday is good for you to break from routine.
度假对改变一下日常生活是有好处的。
Many more people travel overseas for their holidays now than used to be the case.
现在去海外度假的人比以前多得多。
I don’t feel like taking a holiday now.
我现在不想去度假。
We all appreciate the holiday after a year of hard work.
经过一年的辛苦工作之后, 我们都十分珍惜这个假期。
A national holiday was proclaimed.
宣布全国放假一天。
Our manager can’t even afford a two-week holiday.
我们的经理连两周的假期都抽不出来。
It can be inferred that he didn’t enjoy his holiday.
可以推测他假期过得并不愉快。
She could take a nice holiday at least.
她至少可以度个好假。
Our holiday plans fell through because of transport strikes.
由于交通系统罢工,我们的休假计划成了泡影。
How did you doing spend your holiday?
你假期怎么过的?
What's your plan for the summer holiday?
暑假计划干什么?
I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home.
我要是呆在家里的话,假期会好过的多。
Tomorrow will be a holiday. 明天放假。
The test finished. We began our holiday.考试结束了,我们开始放假。
We'll take our holiday sometime in August. 我们将在八月份的某个时候休假。
According to your contract, you get 15 days' paid holiday a year.
根据你的合同,你每年有十五天的带薪假期。
We are going to France to spend our holidays.
我们将去法国度假。
Many people would like to take holidays abroad.
许多人愿意到国外度假。
The best medicine for you now would be a good holiday.
目前对你来说,过一个愉快的假期就是一剂良药。
My parents have gone to Hangzhou for holiday.
我父母已经去杭州度假了。
The weather during our holiday was perfect.
我们度假时的天气好极了。
Where do you plan to spend your holiday?
你计划去哪里度假?
First prize in the raffle is a holiday for two in Paris.
抽奖销售的头奖是两个人到巴黎度假旅游。
We're going on holiday soon, probably next month.
我们很快就要去度假了,多半是下个月。
We had a splendid holiday.
我们度过了一个极好的假期。
Spain is our favorite holiday spot.
西班牙是我们喜欢的度假地点。
Remember how you can talk about your sense of anticipation about something in the future, e.g.: I’m looking forward to the Olympics; I’m looking forward to my holiday. You can add emphasis by adding so, e.g.: I’m so looking forward to . . .
记住怎样谈论你对将来发生的事情的期待。例如:I’m looking forward to the Olympics / 我期待着奥运会的召开; I’m looking forward to my holiday / 我期待着假期的到来。你可以加上so / 如此、这么来表示强调, 例如: I’m so looking forward to . . . /我热切地期待着. . .
A I’d like to go to Hong Kong for my next break. Have you been?
A 我下次放假的时候想去香港。你去过香港吗?
B Yes, I visited Hong Kong in 2003. I went there for a short holiday.
B 是的,我2003年去过香港。我在那里度过了一个短暂的假期。
A And did you like it?
A 你喜欢那里吗?
B Yes, it was good. I thought it was a great place. Lots to see and do, plus – I like Cantonese food.
B 是的,香港非常好。我想那是一个非常好的地方。很多可看的东西,很多可做的事情,再加上我喜欢广东菜。
A Well, Hong Kong is certainly the place for Cantonese food. What did you do there – apart from eating?
A 哦,香港当然是吃广东菜的地方。你在那里做了什么——除了吃以外?
B I went shopping, I went sight-seeing, and I did some short trips to the nearby islands.
B 我购物了,观光了,我还去了附近的岛屿。
A Hi! It’s good to see you again. It’s been such a long time. It’s ages since I last saw you!
A 你好!很高兴再次见到你。好久不见。自从我上次见到你已经过去好久好久了!
B I know. The last time we met was about a year ago, wasn’t it?
B 我知道。上次我们见面是大约一年前,不是吗?
A Yes, I think it was. What have you been doing since then?
A 是的,我想是的。从那以后你一直在做什么?
B Well, I went to Shanghai for a few months. I had some work there – only for a short time. Then I came back here.
B 哦,我去了上海几个月。我在那里有些工作——只是一小段时间。然后我就回来了。
A And then what did you do?
A 回来以后你做了什么?
B Well, I started a new job here. Then I took a holiday. I went to Thailand. And now I’m back.
B 哦,我在这里开始了一份新工作。然后我放假了。我去了泰国。现在我又回来了。
A Are you enjoying your holiday in Beijing?
A 你们在北京度假愉快吗?
B Yes, we’re having a great time.
B 是的,我们非常开心。
A What do you do back in London?
A 在伦敦你做什么工作?
B Oh, I’m retired now. I stopped work five years ago.
B 哦,我现在退休了。我五年前就不工作了。
A So you’ve got lots of time now for holidays!
A 这么说现在你有很多时间用来度假了!
B Well, yes. I used to run my own business and it took all my time.
B 哦,是的。我过去一直有自己的生意,那占去了我所有的时间。
A I’d like to go to Singapore for my next break. Have you been?
A 我想下次休假去新加坡。你去过新加坡吗?
B Yes, I went to Singapore last year - for a short holiday.
B 是的,去过。我去年去过新加坡——短暂的度假。
A And did you like it?
A 你喜欢那里吗?
B Yes, it was good. I thought it was a great place. Lots to see and do, plus – I liked the food.
B 是的,那里不错。我认为那是一个非常好的地方。很多可看的地方,很多可做的事情,而且我喜欢那里的食物。
A What did you do there – apart from eating?
A 你在那里都做了些什么——除了吃以外?
B I went shopping and sight-seeing. I had a really good time.
B 我去购物观光。我在那里非常开心。
A Hi! Good to see you again. It’s been such a long time. It’s ages since we last met.
A 你好!很高兴再次见到你。这么长时间了,我们好久好久没有见面了。
B I know. The last time we met was about 6 months ago, wasn’t it?
B 我知道。上次我们见面大约是6个月前,不是吗?
A Yes, I think it was. What have you been doing since then?
A 是的,我想是的。从那以后你一直都在做什么?
B Well, I went to Guangzhou for a few months. I was working there – but only for a short time.
B 哦,我去广州呆了几个月。我在那里工作——但是只是很短的一段时间。
A And then what did you do?
A 然后你做什么了?
B Well, I took a short holiday in Hong Kong. Then I started a new job here.
B 哦,我在香港度过了一个短暂的假期。然后我在这里开始做一份新工作。
A What will you do in the October holiday this year?
A 今年十一”长假的时候你打算做什么?
B I’m not sure. I’d like a break, but I’ve made no plans yet. What about you?
B 我还不确定。我想休息一下,但是我还没有确定的计划。你呢?
A I’m going on holiday in October. I’m going to go to Harbin for a week.
A 我10月份的时候将去度假。我将去哈尔滨呆一周。
B Will you see your family and friends?
B 你要去看你的家人和朋友吗?
A Yes, it will be a good chance to see everybody again.
A 是的,那将是再次看望大家的好机会。
B Well, maybe I’ll go to Shanghai to see friends for a few days.
B 哦,也许我会去上海呆几天,看望我的朋友们。
When you describe how long you might stay in a place, eg: on a visit or on a holiday, you can use the number of nights or the number of days, eg: We’re staying three nights in Xi’an / we’re staying three nights in Xi’an: We visited Beijing for ten days / We visited Beijing for ten days.
当你描述你将在某地停留多久时,例如去旅游或者去度假,你可以说几夜或者几天。例如:We’re staying three nights in Xi’an / 我们将在西安住三晚: We visited Beijing for ten days /我们将在北京玩十天。
Remember how you can talk about your sense of anticipation about something in the future, eg: I’m looking forward to the Olympics / I’m looking forward to the Olympics. eg: I’m looking forward to my holiday / I’m looking forward to my holiday.
记住如何谈论你对将来要发生的某事的期待心情。例如:I’m looking forward to the Olympics / 我期待着奥运会的召开。I’m looking forward to my holiday /我期待着假期的到来。
A So when will you go back to work?
A 那么你什么时候回去上班?
B Well, I’ve got meetings on the 20th and 21st.
B 哦,我在20日和21日有会议要参加。
A When do your friends leave?
A 你的朋友们什么时候离开?
B They're leaving in mid August around the 15th or 16th.
B 他们将在8月中旬离开,大约15日或者16日的时候。
A You’ll have a good time enjoying Beijing and the Olympics.
A 你在北京和奥运会期间将度过一段愉快的时光。
B Yes, two weeks off work will be a great holiday.
B 是的,停止工作两周将是一个愉快的假期。
I’m looking forward to seeing it / 我期待着见到它。
I’m looking forward to meeting my friend / 我期待着见到我的朋友。
I’m looking forward to my holiday / 我期待着假期的到来。
Hello, is this your first visit to Beijing?
你好,这是你第一次来北京吗?
Yes, it is.
是的。
Are you on holiday? Or on business?
你是来度假还是来出差?
I’m on holiday. I’m a tourist.
我来度假。我来旅游。
And how long are you here for?
你在这里呆多久?
Two weeks only. There’s so much to see.
只呆两个星期。有那么多要看的东西。
Well, I hope you enjoy it.
啊,我希望你在这里愉快。
Are you on holiday in Beijing?
你在北京度假吗?
No, I live here. I work in Beijing.
不,我住在这里。我在北京工作。
How long have you worked here?
你在这里工作了多长时间?
About six months now. I really like it. Beijing is a good city to be in.
到现在大约6个月了。我非常喜欢北京。北京是一个让人喜欢的好城市。
Apart from the traffic!
除了拥挤的交通!
Yes, the traffic isn’t good. But it’s the same in most big cities everywhere.
是的,交通不好。但是世界上大多数大城市都这样。
How many times have you been to Beijing?
你来北京多少次了?
Lot’s of times. Sometimes for business, sometimes for holiday.
很多次了。有时来出差,有时来度假。
You must know it very well now.
你现在对北京一定非常了解了。
Well, I know it better each time I visit.
哦,我一次比一次更了解北京。
That’s good. I think it’s better when you know a city well.
好。我想当你了解一个城市的时候感觉会更好。
Yes. You enjoy it more. It’s more interesting.
是的。你会更喜欢它。它会更有趣。
I’m looking forward to the Olympics.
我非常期待这次的奥运会。
I’m looking forward to the weekend.
我非常期待着这个周末的到来。
I’m looking forward to my holiday.
我非常期待我的假期。
I’m looking forward to dinner tonight.
我非常期待今晚的晚餐。
I’m looking forward to shopping on Saturday.
我非常期待着这个周六去逛商场。
A I’ve got some great photos from my holiday in Hong Kong.
A 我有好多很棒的我们全家在香港度假的照片。
B I’d really like to see them. Can you send them to me?
B 我非常想看看。你可以寄给我吗?
A No problem. I’ll e-mail some to you. I’ll download them from my camera.
A 没问题。我会用电子邮件发送给你。我会先将它们从照相机传送到我的电脑里。
B That would be great – thanks. Have you got my e-mail address?
B 这样真是太好了,谢谢。你有我的电子邮件地址吗?
You can download some good music on the internet.
你可以从网上下载很多非常好听得音乐。
I’ll download my photos.
我会下载我的照片。
I’ll e-mail you my holiday photos.
我会用电子邮件发送给你我的假期照片。
What’s your e-mail address?
你的电子邮件地址是什么?
What’s the website name?
那个网站的名字是什么?
It usually rains in London in the winter.
伦敦在冬季经常下雨。
It’s usually very cold in Beijing in winter.
北京的冬天是非常寒冷的。
The traffic is usually very heavy in the morning.
交通在每天早晨是非常堵塞的。.
I usually go back home during the holidays.
我经常利用假期时间回家看看。
The traffic can be so busy during rush hour.
上下班高峰期是交通可真是太堵了。
It’s so cold in January.
一月份真是太冷了。
The trains are so busy during the holidays.
火车经常在假期时是很忙碌的。
Beijing will be so crowded during the Olympics.
北京在奥运会期间将会变得人山人海。
I went to Thailand on holiday. I like Thai food.
我这个假期去泰国了。我很喜欢泰国风味的食物。
I prefer Vietnamese food.
我比较喜欢越南食物。
My favourite cuisine in China is Cantonese.
我最喜欢的中国食物风味是粤式。
I love Italian food.
我非常喜欢意大利分为的食物。
I can’t decide where to go on holiday.
我不知道假期应该去哪里。
I can’t decide what to do this weekend.
我不知道这个周末干干什么。
I can’t decide which restaurant to go to tonight.
我不确定今晚去哪里吃饭。
I can’t decide which shirt to buy.
我不知道应该买哪件衬衫。
What are you doing this weekend?
你这个周末干什么?
What are your plans for the holiday?
你这个假期有什么安排?
What are you up to this evening?
你今晚上干什么?
What are you doing on Saturday night?
你这个星期六干什么呢?
One of the symptoms of approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's .work is terribly important, and that to take a holiday would bring all kinds of disaster, If I were a medical man , I should precribe a holiday to many patient who consicered his work important.
Bernard Russell, British philosopher
神经即将崩溃的症状之一是相信自己的工作极端重要,休假将会带来种种灾难。如果我是医生,我给这样的病人开的药方是:休假。
英国哲学家罗素.B.
Did you have a nice holiday?
你假期过得愉快吗?
- be in a rut 千篇一律,一筹莫展
His life is in a rut. Office, library, and home are the three places he goes everyday. It is time he had a holiday for a change.
- harp on the same old string 老调重弹
He really gets on my nerves. He always harps on the same old string by promising us a paid holiday., but he never keeps it.
If you are excited about something you are planning to do, you can say: I’m looking forward to seeing it / I’m looking forward to seeing it. I’m looking forward to meeting my friend / I’m looking forward to meeting my friend. I’m looking forward to my holiday / I’m looking forward to my holiday.
如果你对你计划要做的事感到很兴奋的话,你可以说:I’m looking forward to seeing it / 我期待着见到它。 I’m looking forward to meeting my friend / 我期待着见到我的朋友。 I’m looking forward to my holiday / 我期待着假期的到来。
A: Did you have a nice walk in Tian’anmen Square?
A: 你在天安门广场散步愉快吗?
B: Yes, I did. It’s so big. There were hundreds of people there.
B: 是的,很愉快。天安门广场那么大。那里有成百上千的人。
A: You should see it when it’s really busy. During the holidays, like New Year, there are usually thousands of people.
A: 当它最热闹的时候你应该去看一看。在节假日,比如说新年。在那里有成千上万的人。
B: It’s such a big space.
B: 那里的空间如此之大。
A: Yes. I think it can hold over a million people.
A: 是的,我想它能容得下100多万人。
A: What’s the big holiday period in Beijing?
A: 在北京大的节假日是哪段时间?
B: We have a big holiday in October. October 1st is National Day. We usually get a few days for vacation. Sometimes, we even get a week.
B: 我们在10月有一个长假。10月1日是国庆节。我们通常有几天的假期,一般是一周时间。
A: That sounds good.
A: 听起来很好。
B: It is. And we also have the New Year and Spring Festival holidays early in the year.
B: 是的。在年初我们还有新年和春节。
A: That must be a busy time.
A: 那时候一定很繁忙。
B: It is. The train stations and the airport are really busy.
B: 是的,火车站和飞机场都非常繁忙。
If you want to ask, or talk about public / national holidays, you can say: We have a holiday in October / We have a holiday in October; What holidays do you have in America? / What holidays do you have in America?
如果你想问或者谈论和公共节日/法定假日有关的事情,你可以说:We have a holiday in October / 我们在十月份有 一个假日; What holidays do you have in America? / 美国有哪些节日?
You can also describe specific holidays, e.g.: New Year and the Spring Festival are big holidays / New Year and the spring Festival are big holidays.
你也可以描述具体的假日,如:New Year and the Spring Festival are big holidays / 新年和春节是大的节日。
A: Hello, is this your first visit to Beijing?
A: 你好,这是你第一次来北京吗?
B: Yes, it is.
B: 是的。
A: Are you on holiday or on business?
A: 你是来度假还是来出差?
B: I’m on holiday. I’m a tourist.
B: 我来度假。我来旅游。
A: And how long are you here for?
A: 你在这里呆多久?
B: Two weeks only. There’s so much to see.
B: 只呆两个星期。有那么多要看的东西。
A: Well, I hope you enjoy it.
A: 啊,我希望你在这里愉快。
You can ask someone if they are on holiday or visiting on business, by saying: Are you on holiday? / Are you on holiday? : Are you on business? / Are you on business?
你可以这样问某人是在度假还是在出差:Are you on holiday? / 你在度假吗? : Are you on business? / 你在出差吗?
A: Are you on holiday in Beijing?
A: 你在北京度假吗?
B: No, I live here. I work in Beijing.
B: 不,我住在这里。我在北京工作。
A: How long have you worked here?
A: 你在这里工作了多长时间?
B: About six months now. I really like it. Beijing is a good city to be in.
B: 到现在大约6个月了。我非常喜欢北京。北京是一个让人喜欢的好城市。
A: Apart from the traffic!
A: 除了拥挤的交通!
B: Yes, the traffic isn’t good. But it’s the same in most big cities everywhere.
B: 是的,交通不好。但是世界上大多数大城市都这样。
A: How many times have you been to Beijing?
A: 你来北京多少次了?
B: Lots of times. Sometimes for business, sometimes for holiday.
B: 很多次了。有时来出差,有时来度假。
A: You must know it very well now.
A: 你现在对北京一定非常了解了。
B: Well, I get to know it better every time I visit.
B: 哦,我一次比一次更了解北京。
A: That’s good. I think it’s better when you know a city well.
A: 好。我想当你了解一个城市的时候感觉会更好。
B: Yes. You enjoy it more. It’s more interesting.
B: 是的。你会更喜欢它。它会更有趣。
避暑 [bì shǔ] /be away for the summer holidays/spend a holiday at a summer resort/prevent sunstroke/
度假 [dù jià] /go on holiday/
放假 [fàng jià] /to have a holiday or vacation/
过 [guò] /(past tense marker)/to cross/to go over/to pass (time)/to celebrate (a holiday)/to live/to get along/(surname)/excessively/too-/
假日 [jià rì] /holiday/non-working day/
节日 [jié rì] /holiday/festival/
例假 [lì jià] /legal holiday/menstrual period/
{adj: approaching, coming, forthcoming, upcoming} of the relatively near future
"the approaching election"
"this coming Thursday"
"the forthcoming holidays"
"the upcoming spring fashions"
{adj: continuous, uninterrupted} continuing in time or space without interruption
"a continuous rearrangement of electrons in the solar atoms results in the emission of light"- James Jeans
"a continuous bout of illness lasting six months"
"lived in continuous fear"
"a continuous row of warehouses"
"a continuous line has no gaps or breaks in it"
"moving midweek holidays to the nearest Monday or Friday allows uninterrupted work weeks"
<-> discontinuous
{adj: extra, special} added to a regular schedule
"a special holiday flight"
"put on special buses for the big game"
{adj: fit, healthy} physically and mentally sound or healthy
"felt relaxed and fit after their holiday"
"keeps fit with diet and exercise"
<-> unfit
{adj: short} primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration
"a short life"
"a short flight"
"a short holiday"
"a short story"
"only a few short months"
<-> long
{adv: unconcernedly} in an unconcerned manner
"war was breaking out in Europe, but she unconcernedly planned for a holiday"
{n: Admission Day} in some states of the United States: a legal holiday commemorating the day the state was admitted to the Union
{n: Bastille Day, 14 July} a legal holiday in France celebrating the storming of the Paris bastille in 1789
{n: Christian holy day} a religious holiday for Christians
{n: Christmas, Christmas Day, Xmas, Dec 25} a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
{n: Columbus Day, Discovery Day, October 12} a legal holiday commemorating the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus
{n: Dominion Day, July 1} a legal holiday in Canada commemorating receiving Dominion status in 1867
{n: Hanukkah, Hanukah, Hannukah, Chanukah, Chanukkah, Channukah, Channukkah, Festival of Lights, Feast of Lights, Feast of Dedication, Feast of the Dedication} (Judaism) an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem in 165 BC
{n: High Holy Day, High Holiday} Jewish holy days observed with particular solemnity
{n: Independence Day, Fourth of July, July 4} a legal holiday in the United States
{n: Jewish holy day} a religious holiday for Jews
{n: Memorial Day, Decoration Day} legal holiday in the United States, last Monday in May; commemorates the members of the United States armed forces who were killed in war
{n: Mesasamkranti} Hindu solar holiday at the beginning of the new astrological year when the sun enters the constellation Aries
{n: Nazarene, Ebionite} a member of a group of Jews who (during the early history of the Christian Church) accepted Jesus as the Messiah; they accepted the Gospel According to Matthew but rejected the Epistles of St. Paul and continued to follow Jewish law and celebrate Jewish holidays; they were later declared heretic by the Church of Rome
{n: Noruz, Nowruz, Nowrooz} (Persian) the new year holiday in Iran and Azerbaijan and Afghanistan and Pakistan and parts of India and among the Kurds; comes at the vernal equinox
{n: Ramanavami} Hindu lunar holiday (on the 9th day of Caitra) to celebrate the birth of Rama
{n: Veterans Day, Veterans' Day, Armistice Day, November 11} a legal holiday in the United States; formerly Armistice Day but called Veterans' Day since 1954
{n: Victoria Day} a public holiday in Canada on the Monday on or before May 24th
{n: Whitmonday, Whitsun Monday} the day after Whitsunday; a legal holiday in England and Wales and Ireland
{n: Whitsun, Whitsuntide, Whitweek} Christian holiday; the week beginning on Whitsunday (especially the first 3 days)
{n: bank holiday} any of several weekdays when banks are closed; a legal holiday in Britain
{n: busman's holiday} a holiday where you do the same things you do at work
{n: camper trailer} a trailer equipped for occupancy (especially for holiday trips)
{n: campsite, campground, camping site, camping ground, bivouac, encampment, camping area} a site where people on holiday can pitch a tent
{n: caravanning} the practice of taking holidays in a caravan
{n: dude ranch} a holiday resort offering ranch activities (riding and camping)
{n: feria} a weekday on which no festival or holiday is celebrated
"in the middle ages feria was used with a prefixed ordinal number to designate the day of the week, so `secunda feria' meant Monday, but Sunday and Saturday were always called by their names, Dominicus and Sabbatum, and so feria came to mean an ordinary weekday"
{n: half-holiday} a day on which half is free from work or duty
{n: holiday season} a time when many people take holidays
{n: holiday} a day on which work is suspended by law or custom
"no mail is delivered on federal holidays"
"it's a good thing that New Year's was a holiday because everyone had a hangover"
{n: honeymoon} a holiday taken by a newly married couple
{n: legal holiday, national holiday, public holiday} authorized by law and limiting work or official business
{n: movable feast, moveable feast} a religious holiday that falls on different dates in different years
{n: opportunity, chance} a possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances
"the holiday gave us the opportunity to visit Washington"
"now is your chance"
{n: package tour, package holiday} a tour arranged by a travel agent; transportation and food and lodging are all provided at an inclusive price
{n: religious holiday, holy day} a day specified for religious observance
{n: resort, resort hotel, holiday resort} a hotel located in a resort area
{n: season} a recurrent time marked by major holidays
"it was the Christmas season"
{n: union, unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure} the act of making or becoming a single unit
"the union of opposing factions"
"he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays"
<-> disunion
{n: vacation, holiday} leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure
"we get two weeks of vacation every summer"
"we took a short holiday in Puerto Rico"
{n: vegetation} inactivity that is passive and monotonous, comparable to the inactivity of plant life
"their holiday was spent in sleep and vegetation"
{v: festoon} decorate with strings of flowers
"The public buildings were festooned for the holiday"
{v: flag} decorate with flags
"the building was flagged for the holiday"
{v: honeymoon} spend a holiday after one's marriage
"they plan to honeymoon in Hawai'i"
{v: kill} cause to die ; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly
"This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"
"The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
{v: observe, celebrate, keep} celebrate, as of holidays or rites
"Keep the commandments"
"celebrate Christmas"
"Observe Yom Kippur"
{v: take away, bear off, bear away, carry away, carry off} remove from a certain place, environment, or mental or emotional state ; transport into a new location or state
"Their dreams carried the Romantics away into distant lands"
"The car carried us off to the meeting"
"I'll take you away on a holiday"
"I got carried away when I saw the dead man and I started to cry"
<-> bring
{v: vacation, holiday} spend or take a vacation
{v: work off} cause to go away through effort or work
"work off the extra pounds you have gained over the holidays"
"we must work off the debt"
The whole family felt warm with the spirit of the holiday.
全家因处于假日的气氛中而感到温暖。
Each holiday he stirred us up, leading us through a round of merry chaos.
每个假日,他都早早地把我们鼓动起来,带我们去看那一连串热闹非凡的场面。
It is the new year, and our family has spent another glorious holiday together.
新年到了,全家人再次欢聚一堂,共度佳节。
On Christmas Day, the family sat around Julian's bed, ate holiday dinner and tried to laugh at Ron's jokes.
圣诞节那天,全家人都围坐在朱利安床前,吃节日晚餐,千方百计取笑罗恩讲的笑话。
Rees-Jones was a player in the drama that grew from Diana's holiday on the Fayed yacht with her sons to her very public interlude with Dodi under the lenses of the world's paparazzi.
从戴安娜带两个儿子在法耶德的游艇上度假,到她和多迪的幕间节目在全世界摄影记在的镜头卜公开亮相-在整个这出戏里,里斯琼斯一直是演员之一。
He treasures a framed letter from the Princess of Wales, thanking him on behalf of Princess William and Harry for his protective role during the " magical 10 days " of their first holiday in St Tropez.
他很珍爱一封镶了镜框的威尔士王妃给他的信,信中她代表威廉王子和哈利王子对他表示感谢,感谢他在圣特罗佩兹他们第一次 "美妙的十天 "假期中所做的保护工作。
Vegas lets you combine gambling, flashy culture and theme-park fun in one great holiday.
到拉斯维加斯度假,你可以逛赌场,领略繁华文化,到主题公园一游。
Be sure to book as far ahead as possible, especially during holiday periods like Chinese New Year, when demand is high.
一定要尽可能提前预订,尤其是在像中国新年这样的节日期间,因为这个时候车票需求很旺。
With the ocean outside our window and a fireplace in the room, my holiday was just as cozy as I dreamed it would be.
有了窗外的海洋和屋内的火炉相伴,我的假期和我想象中的一样温馨惬意。
The Silom Line serves the Regent Bangkok, Pan Pacific, Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, Shangri-La and Bangkok Oriental.
赛洛姆线沿线到达曼谷丽晶饭店、泛太平洋饭店、假日皇冠广场饭店、香格里拉饭店和曼谷东方饭店。
Could it have happened during the couple's Tuscan holiday? A trip to Gascony?
是在托斯卡纳休假的时候?还是在加斯科涅?
And this past holiday season, at least two companies -LivePerson and PeopleSupport - provided many major retailers with the technology they need to give their customers instant-message-style interaction with live, online sales persons.
在刚过去的假期里,至少有两家公司── LivePerson 和 PeopleSupport( FW) 为许多网上主要零售商提供了最新技术,使他们的顾客能与在线销售人员进行交互式的即时信息交流。
Royal Orchard Holidays offers two-night packages at the luxurious Regent Chiang Mai.
皇家兰花假日游提供在豪华的清迈丽晶酒店里住两夜的旅游团。
Thailand, which lost more than 5,000 people to the tsunami, saw at least another seven killed Tuesday, including four foreign tourists, when an overloaded boat heading to the holiday island of Koh Samui capsized.
泰国在这次海啸中有超过5000人遇难,周二当一艘超载的客船在前往古塞穆艾度假岛屿的途中倾覆,又有至少7人死亡,包括4名外国游客。
"We commemorate on this national holiday the passionate patriot who marched under the American flag and demanded that the nation he loved honor its noblest ideals of freedom, justice, and equality for all citizens," he said.
他说:“我们在这个国定假日中纪念一位富有激情的爱国者。他行进在美国国旗下,要求他所热爱的这个国家实现所有公民都享有自由、公正、平等这些崇高的理想。”
For a limited time surrounding the holiday, China and Taiwan will allow landmark direct commercial flights between some cities on the Communist Chinese mainland and the democratic island of Taiwan.
在限定的节日期间内,中国和台湾将允许在共产主义的中国大陆和民主的台湾岛之间的一些城市进行有着里程碑意义的直接商务飞行。
The earthquake and tidal waves struck as thousands of American and other tourists were spending year-end holidays at resorts around the Indian Ocean. Secretary Powell said hundreds of U.S. citizens remain unaccounted for, though they are not necessarily among the casualties. He said there are 11 confirmed American deaths and that a number of others are being treated for injuries.
在发生地震和海啸的时候,成千上万的美国人和其他游客正在印度洋沿岸的渡假胜地过年终假期。鲍威尔国务卿说,数百名美国公民仍然没有消息,尽管他们未必就在伤亡者之列。他说,有11名美国人证实已经遇难,还有一些人受伤,目前正在接受治疗。
Once a simple observance in America, Christmas is now a complex mixture of religious services, family visits, gift giving, holiday parties, decorations, and charity. And don't forget Santa Claus.
过去,在美国过圣诞节非常简单,可是如今,圣诞节却成为混合各种宗教仪式和节日聚会的日子。节日期间,人们走亲访友、互送礼品、聚会庆贺、布置圣诞装饰,并从事慈善活动,当然也少不了请圣诞老人来给孩子们祝福。
Every year, U.S. Marines hold an annual Christmas toy drive, where they collect toys and donations for underprivileged children. Volunteers take the children into a makeshift "store" where they are allowed to pick a few items for themselves. The "Toys for Tots" program is national campaign that has helped millions of children. Across the United States, people use lights and decorations to mark the Christmas holidays. In one neighborhood in Texas, residents have outfitted their homes with thousands of lights. Some homes have specific themes, like politics or current events.
美国海军陆战队每年都要举行一年一度的圣诞节玩具捐赠活动,人们把各种玩具和礼品捐给家境贫穷的孩子们。自愿人员还把孩子们带到模拟商店中,让他们挑选自己喜欢的礼物。这个全国性计划帮助了上百万的孩子们。全美各地的人们都在张灯结彩庆祝圣诞节。在得克萨斯州的一个居民区,人们用五彩缤纷的圣诞灯把房子装饰起来。有些家庭的圣诞装饰还带有时事政治主题。
holiday decorations 节日装饰物
SHEX. Sundays and holidays excepted 星期天和假日除外
spsc-60103605
Multicultural holidays resources
文化多样性假日资源
Z51.8
Other specified medical care
Excludes: holiday relief care (Z75.5)
其他明示的医疗照护
不包含 : 假期缓解性照顾 (Z75.5)
Z75.5
Holiday relief care
Provision of health-care facilities to a person normally cared for at home, in order to
enable relatives to take a vacation.
Respite care
假期缓解性照顾
提供健康照顾设备给平时在家照顾的人 , 以使其亲
人能够渡假
照顾中止
ATDNSHINC Any time,day,night,Sundays and holidays included 包括任何时间,白天,夜间,星期天和节假日
ATDNSHINC Any time,day,night,Sundays and holidays included 包括任何时间,白天,夜间,星期天和节假日
FHEX Friday and holidays excepted 星期五和节假日除外
FHINC Fridays and holidays included 包括星期五和节假日
SHEX(SSHEX) Sundays and Holidays excluded 星期日和节假日除外
SHEXEIU Sundays and Holidays excepted even if used 即使使用,星期日和节假日亦除外
SHEXUU Sundays and holidays excepted unless used 除非使用,星期日和节假日除外
WWDSHEX Weather working days Sundays and holidays excepted 晴天工作日,星期天和节假日除外
WWDSHINC Weather working days Sundays and holidays included 晴天工作日,包括星期天和节假日
星期六、日与节假日除外 Saturdays,Sundays and holidays excepted (S.S.H.E.X.)
星期六、日与节假日包括在内 Saturdays,Sundays and holidays included (S.S.H.I.N.C)
星期五和节假日除外 Fridays and holidays excepted (F.H.E.X .)
190 paragraphs, 560 lines displayed. Top
(Alt+Z : Reinput words.) (You can doubleclick on the English words you are searching for.)