your [ jɔ:] pron.你的,你们的
yours [ jɔ:z] pron.你们的(东西)
your [jɔ:, juə] pron. 你的;你们的
yours [jɔ:z, juəz] pron. 你的;你们的
各就位 " ""On your marks!"""
心想事成 May all your wish come true
offer subject to your reply reaching here 以你方答复到达我地为准的报盘
at the top of one's lungs 大声喊
A: I'm here right in front of you. Why are you yelling at me at the top of your lungs?
A: 我就在妳面前, 妳为什么要对我大声吼叫呢?
B: Maybe because you've been ignoring my feelings too long.
B: 也许因为你忽略我的感觉太久了。
leave someone alone ! 不干涉; 听其自然
A: Isn't it about time Jane visited her hairdresser? Her bangs are hanging all over her face now.
A: Jane 该去见她的美发师了吧! 她的浏海都(长到)垂到脸上了。
B: Leave her alone. Maybe she likes to have her eyes covered so she doesn't have to see your face.
B: 妳管她! 也许她希望(头发长到)把眼睛盖住, 好看不见妳的脸啊!
- "leave me alone"有要求别人「不要管」的意思。"hairdresser" 是花时间整理你头发的「美发师」; "barber" 则是收费低廉, 5分钟就把你的头发剪好送出门的「理发师」。
take it out on a person 向某人发泄
A: Be angry all you want. Don't take it out on me. I didn't do anything.
A: 你盡量生氣, 別把氣出在我頭上就是了。我又沒怎樣。
B: Go away.
B: 走開。
- "Don't vent your anger on me." 也是「別把氣出在我頭上」的意思。
have a chip on one's shoulder 心存芥蒂
A: Blanche's already apologized and asked for your forgiveness. Why do you still have a chip on your shoulder?
A: Blanche 已经(跟你)道歉过, 也请你原谅她。你为什么还是心存芥蒂呢?
B: I don't know. I guess I never really got over it.
B: 我不知道。也许我对这件事从来没有真正释怀吧!
- 或许你也曾经有过类似上面的经验; 以为自己经对一件别人做错的事释怀了,
当你再度面对这个人时, 那种气气的感觉又回来了。也许没说到几句话,
你又忍不住地责备对方一顿。这种感觉就是这里所说的"have a chip on one's shoulder"。
dirty old man 老色鬼
A: Hey! Your baby sister is quite a cutie.
A: 嘿! 你小妹长得真是满可爱(漂亮)的。
B: Leave her alone. You dirty old man.
B: 你少碰她! 老色鬼!
- "dirty old man" 也指那种有「恋童症」的人。
yellow-belly 胆小鬼
A: Aaaaaah! Who is there?
A: 哇呀! 谁在那儿?
B: Norton, you yellow-belly. That's your own shadow.
B: Norton, 你这胆小鬼。那是你自己的影子啊!
- 还没碰到那个美国人知道为什么"yellow-belly"(黄肚皮)是「胆小鬼」 (coward) 的意思。
还有一个我们比较熟悉的字意相近的字是"chicken", 也是有「胆小」、「过于害羞」的意思。
airhead 笨蛋
A: Don't bring this up to him again, airhead. How can I get this through your thick head?
A: 不要再跟他提起这件事了。 我要怎么样才让你这个又硬又厚的头搞懂呢?
B: Hey! Don't call me an airhead. That's rude.
B: 嘿! 别叫我「笨蛋」啊! 很没礼貌啊!
- 美语里面用来骂人家「笨蛋」的字好象还不少哩! 除了"airhead" (头壳空空) 外, 也有人用"meathead" (肉头), 听懂就好了。
Allow me to congratulate you on the arrival of the New Year and to extend to
you all my best wishes for your perfect health and lasting prosperity.
恭贺新禧,祝身体健康、事业发达。
With very best wishes for your happiness in the New Year.
致以最良好的祝福,原你新年快乐幸福。
Please accept our wishes for you and yours for a happy New Year.
请接受我们对你及你全家的美好祝福,祝你们新年快乐。
On the occasion of the New Year, may my wife and I extend to you and yours
our warmest greetings, wishing you a happy New Year, your career greater
success and your family happiness.
在此新年之际,我同夫人向你及你的家人致以节日的问候,并祝你们新年快乐、事业有
成、家庭幸福。
What kind of account did you have in your mind?
你想开哪种帐户?
Please tell me how you would like to deposit your money.
请告诉我你想存何种户头?
Here is your pasbook. Please bring it back when you deposit or withdraw money any time you like. Keep it well and inform us whenever you lose it.
这是你的存折,存取款时请带来。保管好存折,遗失请告诉我们。
How much do you wish to pay into your account?
你希望在你的户头上存多少?
How much money do you plan to keep in your account on a regular basis?
你计划在你的户头上定期存放多少钱?
How much cash do you plan to deposit in your account?
你有多少钱要存入呢?
I think you may deposit your money with the bank, or leave it here for temporary safe-keeping.
我认为你可把钱存入银行,或留在银行暂保管起来。
Would you please fill in the depositing form, giving the sum of money you're to deposit as well as your name, address and professional unit?
请填张存款单,写明要存的数额以及你的姓名,地址和工作的单位,好吗?
Please sign your name on the bottom line if you want to cash the check.
如果想兑支票,请在底线上签名。
Please write your account number on the back of the check.
请在支票背面写上你的帐号。
Your balance at the bank is 300 yuan.
你在本行的结余是300元。
Your deposit is exhausted.
你的存款支净了。
Your letter of credit is used up.
你的信用证用完了。
Please tell me how you wish to draw your money.
请告诉我你希望怎样支款。
The letter at Counter 6 will pay you against your number slip.
六号柜台的出纳员将根据你的号码牌付给你钱。
Would you kindly sign the exchange form, giving your name and address?
请在兑换单上签字,写出你的姓名和地址,好吗?
It allows you to earn a little interest on your money.
这可使你从存款中获得一点利息。
The interest is added to your account every year.
每年的利息都加到你的存款中。
What's your selling rate for RMB yuan in notes today?
你们今天人民币现钞的售价是多少?
麻烦请给我你的护照。 May I see your passport, please?
这是我的护照。 Here is my passport / Here it is.
旅行的目的为何? What's the purpose of your visit?
(移民)(观光)(公务)。 (Immigrant)(Sightseeing)(Businese).
随身携带多少现金? How much money do you have with you?
大约10,000元。 I have 10,000 dollars.
祝你玩得愉快。 Good. Have a nice day.
谢谢。 Thank you.
请描述你的行李。 Can you describe your baggage?
它是一个中型的灰色绅耐特皮箱。 It is a medium-sized Samsonite, and it's gray.
它是一个上面系有我名牌的大型皮制黑蓝色行李箱。 It is a large leather suitcase with my name tag. It's dark blue.
它是一个茶色小旅行袋。 It's a small overnight bag. It's light brown.
请出示护照和申报单。 Your passport and declaration card, please.
请说您的大名与班机号码? What's your name and flight number?
我找不到您的大名。真的? I can't find your name. Really?
我仍然无法在订位名单中找到您的名字。 I still can't find your name on the reservation list.
请再告诉我一次您的大名? May I have your name again?
you look great today.(你今天看上去很棒。)【每天都可以用!】
you did a good job. (你干得非常好。)【国际最通用的表扬!】
we're so proud of you.(我们十分为你骄傲。)【最高级的表扬!】
i'm very pleased with your work.(我对你的工作非常满意。)【正式、真诚的赞扬!】
this is really a nice place.(这真是个好地方!)【随口就说、但效果很好的表扬!】
you're looking sharp!(你看上去真精神/真棒/真漂亮。)【与众不同的表扬!】
you always know the right thing to say. = you're very eloquent.(你总是说话得体。)【高层次的表扬!】
nice going! = you did a good job.(干得好!)【极其地道的表扬!】
the food is delicious.(好吃!)【最普通、但非常重要的表扬!】
everything tastes great.(每样东西都很美味!)
your son/daughter is so cute.(你的孩子很可爱。)【外国人绝对喜欢听的表扬!】
what an adorable baby!(多么可爱的孩子。)【只管大胆用!】
i admire your work. = i respect your work.(我对你的工作表示敬意。)【世界通用!】
you've got a great personality.(你的个性很好。)【一个非常安全的表扬!】
you have a good sense of humor.(你真幽默。)【美国人极其喜欢的表扬!】
your chinese is really surprising.(你的中文令人惊讶。)【绝对和其他人不一样的表扬!】
your english is incredible.(我真不敢相信你的英语。)【用了六星级形容词!】
you have a very successful business.(你的事业很成功。)【现代人非常喜欢听!】
you're very professional.(你非常专业。)【专业化的表扬!】
your company is very impressive.(你的公司给我留下深刻印象。)
you're so smart.(你非常聪明。)
i envy you very much.(我非常羡慕你。)
your wife is very charming.(你的妻子很有魅力!)
you two make a lovely couple.(你们真是天生的一对!)
you're really talented.(你很有天赋。)
you look nice in that color.(你穿那种颜色很好看。)
you have a good taste.(你很有品位。)
you look like a million dollars. = you look outstanding.=you look like a movie star.(你看上去帅呆了。)
Wipe Your Shoes And Boots 请擦去鞋上的泥土
at your disposal 听你的
buy your story 相信你的话
dating yourself before your time 老气横秋
Penny for your thoughts. 告诉我你想什么
put your best foot forward 尽量使你的仪容整洁
stick your nose into 让你忙着
Take your time. 慢慢来.
take your word for it 相信你的话
That's your funeral. 此乃阁下之事.
There goes your phone. 你有电话.
Watch your step. 小心走路.
What's on your mind? 有什么事吗?
What's under your cat? 你这是什么意思?
What's your pleasure, Treasure? 你喜好什么吃的,富翁(婆)?
What's your pleasure? 你喜欢什么?
You are your father's son. 你长得很象你父亲.
You can set your watch by him. 他总是很准时.
You're confusing your days. 你把日子弄混了.
Your timing is just right. 你来得正好.
A beautiful wish to you and your family --- live a happy life and everything goes well.
A happy New Year to you.
恭贺新年。
Allow me to congratulate you on the arrival of the New Year and to extend to you all my best wishes for your perfect health and lasting prosperity.
恭贺新禧,祝身体健康、事业发达。
On the occasion of the New Year, may my wife and I extend to you and yours
our warmest greetings, wishing you a happy New Year, your career greater
success and your family happiness.
在此新年之际,我同夫人向你及你的家人致以节日的问候,并祝你们新年快乐、事业有成、家庭幸福。
Please accept our wishes for you and yours for a happy New Year.
请接受我们对你及你全家的美好祝福,祝你们新年快乐。
The greatest happiness in life is to feel peaceful; The greatest happiness in life is to possess friends. May you have all happiness in your life.
To wish you joy at this holy season. Wishing every happiness will always come to you!
To wish you joy at this holy season. Wishing every happiness will always bewith you.
恭祝新年吉祥,幸福和欢乐与你同在。
With very best wishes for your happiness in the New Year.
致以最良好的祝福,原你新年快乐幸福。
cross your heart 你发誓
Keep your belongings with you at all times.
随时照看好你的物品
Please retain your ticket for inspection 请保留车票待检。
Please leave your luggage with you at all times 请随身携带你的行李。
Accessories & spares delivered to your door 配件送货上门。
Fill in your selection here and take to a pay point. 在此选购商品填单,然后到收款台付款。
Free delivery to your door 免费送货上门
Please check your change before leaving the checkout area 请当面点清。
Please retain this receipt as proof of your purchase and your guarantee.请保存好收据,作为交款凭证,并享受保修。
Save your money 贱卖
Thank you for your custom. 感谢您惠顾光临
Please use yours with consideration for others. 请在你使用时,也为别人着想。
For your convenience we are open 7 days a week. 为了方便你,我们每周7天开放。
Please wait here or take advantage until our hostess escorts to your table. 请稍等或自便,主人会领你入座。
This work will be completed by the end of this year. Thank you for your patience during the inevitable disruption
此工程于年底完工,感谢你施工期间的宽容大度。
Bring proof of identity to open your account. 开户需带证件
Making your money grow 让你的钱增值。
We can supply all your foreign currency. 我们提供各国货币
Your insurance plan will protect your product against accidental damage.
保险将保护你的产品免受意外损失。
If your mobile breaks down more than twice because of a mechanical fault, we will replace it.
如果你的手机出现两次以上的故障,我们将予以更换。
If your mobile phone breaks down, we will carry out as many repairs as your product needs, free of charge.
如果你的手机出现故障,我们随时提供免费修理。
In most instances we will repair your mobile phone within five working days.
一般我们在5个工作日修好你的手机。
Please post all your mail here,thank you 请在此邮寄,谢谢合作
Post your comments here 请留下您的意见
Simply return your damaged or faulty phone to our store and it will be exchanged for a loan phone until your phone has been repaired.
只要你把你损坏或有故障的手机拿回我们商店,在你的手机修好前,我们会提供备用电话。
We will replace any accessories you bought from us for your original phone.
我们为你从我们这买的原装手机换配件。
Call now to book and to claim your free colour brochure. 现在打电话预定,索取免费彩色介绍资料。
For more information, call …, Our staff will be pleased to answer your questions 了解详情请打电话……, 我们的职员会给你满意的回答。
当你出生时,你啼哭而世界欣喜。善度你的一生,使得你离世的时候,世界哭泣而你欣喜。
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
心想事成 May all your wish come true
我们已开出以贵方为受益人的保兑信用证。
We nave opened a confirmed credit in your favour.
以贵方为受益人, 我们开出不可撤消的的保兑信用证。
We have opened a confirmed and irrevocable credit in your favour.
我们被请求已开出以贵方为受益人的信用证, 特此通知。
We are pleased to inform you that we have been requested to open a credit in your favour.
上开帐目, 现正核对, 如无错误, 将遵照贵公司的指示, 将转入新开的帐户内。
This account is under examination, and if found correct, it shall be carried to a new account, in conformity with your instructions.
您昨日函敬悉。兹遵照贵方请求, 同函附上结算报告书, 敬请惠予查收为荷。
Your favour of yesterday was duly received, and we hand you herewith a statement of your account as requested, which we hope you will find correct.
迟付的60美元, 请速予寄下为荷。
Please let us have your check for the $60 now past overdue.
有鉴于此, 相信贵方将随复函寄来支票, 特此致谢。
With these facts before you , we feel sure that you will send us your check by return mail. Thank you.
何不立即对此案作一结算? 请在今日将支票随函发出即可。
Why not settle this matter now? Just attach your check to this letter, and send it by today's mail.
贵方虽多次答应付款结帐, 但迄今尚未结清。如在本月底以前, 尚未拔款结清,只好委托我公司顾问律师处理。
In spite of your repeated promises to let us have a cheque, we are still without a settlement of your outstanding account, and therefore, unless same is settled by the end of this month, we shall be compelled to hand over the matter to our solicitor.
为结清5月1日贵方发票,我们奉上三尾银行汇票面额125000元,惠请记入本 公司贷方帐户,并惠请开出收据为荷。
In settlement of your invoice of 1st May, $125,000, we enclose a draft, on the Mitsuo Bank, for which amount please credit our account and acknowledge receipt.
付款已收到为结清委托销售,我们已收到面额100000元支票一张,现已转入贵贷方帐户,非常感谢。
We acknowledge receipt of your cheque, $100,000, in settlement of the charges on the consignment, and pass this sum to your credit, with best thanks.
我们于昨日收到贵函及面额55000元支票一张,谢谢。
We are in due receipt of your favour of yesterday, covering a cheque for $55,000, for which we thank you.
我们已收到贵方5月5日函及同函附寄的面额51250元的汇票一张,用以结清贵方帐款。
We are duly in receipt of your favour of the 5th May, enclosing a draft, value $51,250, to balance your account.
为结清到5月15日为止的贵方帐款,贵方所寄面额31250元支票我们已经收到。
We acknowledge with thanks the receipt of the cheque for $31,250, in settlement of your account to 15th May.
我们于本日向贵公司开出第123号面额500000元。汇票一张见票即付。
We have this day drawn the following bill of exchange on your esteemed firm- No.123, $500,000, payable at sight.
遵照贵方指示,我们已于本日向田中公司开出见票后60日付款的面额200000元汇票一张,费用包括在内。
We have to acquaint you that, in accordance with your instructions, we have this day drawn upon Messrs, tanaka & Co., at 60d/s for $200,000, inclusive of charges.
我们已于本月开出由贵方所指定的人于三个月后付款的面额为100000元汇票一张,恳请惠予承兑为荷,特此通知。
We advise you that we have drawn on you this day for $100,000, at 3m/d, to the order fo yourself, which we commend to your kind protection.
为收回款项, 请依照最有利的汇率, 向我方开出见票后60日付款的汇票, 并请同时提供发票、提单及保险单为荷。
For your reimbursement, you will draw on me at sixty days' sight, and at the most favourable exchange, furnishing me at the same time, with an invoice, bill of lading and insurance policy.
对贵方的发票金额, 请向汉堡 A公司开出见票后三个月付款的汇票, 附寄该公司提单一份, 并请该公司办理保险。
For the amount of your invoice, you will be so good as to draw on Messrs. A & Co. of Hamburg, at three months' date, and forward them a bill of lading, requesting them to effect insurance.
我同函寄上由Axbridge的布莱克先生付款、见票后30日付款的面额为50美元汇票一张,请向付款人提出后请其承兑, 并予保管, 到期请将金额给我汇来。不胜感激。
I take liberty to trouble you with the enclosed draft for $50, at thirty days' sight, on Mr. Black of Axbridge, which I shall be obliged by your getting accepted, and retaining in your possession until due, at which time you can remit me the amount.
同函奉上神户Brown兄弟公司向贵公司开出的汇票一张, 恳请惠予承兑后并及时寄还为荷。
Herewith we hand you a draft from Messrs. Brown & Bros., of Kobe, on your goodselves, which please accept and return to us in due course.
同函奉上由贵城三木银行付款、面额为500,000元的即期汇票一张, 收到后敬请告知为荷。
We hand you enclosed a draft, value $500,000 at sight, on the Mitsuki Bank of your city, receipt of which please acknewledge.
贵方9月1日函及所附以George Bury公司为付款人、面额500美元见票后60日付款的汇票一张均已收悉, 现已获得及时承兑, 到期后将记入贵方贷方帐户。
I am favoured with your esteemed letter of the first Sept., encloseing $500 in a bill at sixty days' sight, on George Bury & Co., which, having been duly honoured, will appear to your credit at maturity.
你方由本人指定以Martin公司为付款人的三张汇票, 已由史密斯公司承兑。
Your three drafts on Martin & Co., to my order, have been accepted by Smith & Co.
贵方10月7日开出的, 票面日期30天后付款、由贵方指定付款人的汇票, 将及时获得承兑。
Your draft under date of th 7th Oct., at 30 days' date to your own order, will be duly honoured.
我们很遗憾地声明, 以须藤先生为付款人的票面560,000美元的汇票已遭拒付, 我们不得不要求贵方汇寄567,500美元。包括由此而产生的费用在内。
We regret to state that the bill for $560,000 on Mr. sutoh, hsa been dishonoured by non-payment, and we shall be obliged by your remitting us $567,500, amount of same and charges incurred.
由矢野先生承兑的贵方汇票第2345号、面额2,500,000美元, 已遭拒付, 特此声明。
We state that your draft, No. 2345, for $2,500,000, duly accepted by Mr. Yano, has been dishonoured by non-payment.
对6月1日应付款项, 如果能延些时间, 我将非常感谢。
I shall be very much obliged if you will give me a little more time to settle your account due 1st June
贵公司要求该帐在7月16日以前结清, 但我公司恐怕无能为力, 我们将乐意接受贵方二个月期的汇票以结清这笔款项。
We are afraid it will be impossible for us to settle your account by the 16th July next--the date you mention--but we shall be willing to accept a bill for the settlement at 2 m/date.
兹同函奉上贵方的往来帐, 余额为15.7美元, 于本日列入新帐借方内, 敬请核查见复为荷。
Enclosed I wait on you with your account current, balance carried to your debit this day in a new account, $15.7, which Itrust you find correct.
谨同函奉上贵方的往来帐, 我方顺差500美元, 如核查无误, 请列入新帐为荷。
Enclosed I now wait on you with your account current, leaving a balance of $500 in my favour, which if found correct, you will be so good as to pass to a new account.
兹同函寄上贵方的往来帐, 其上显示我方顺差500美元。
I hand you, enclosed, your account current, showing a balance in my fivour of $500.
您租用我公司的缝纫机一台, 同时送上一张契约书, 记明您应为此每月付款15美元。
You have on hire from us a sewing machine, for which we hold your written agreement to make regular payments at the rate o f$15 per month.
If you want to achieve something or intend to fulfill one of your ambitions, you must work hard, make efforts and get prepared. Otherwise, you will take no advantage of opportunities when they come to visit you.
假如你要取得成就或要实现你的雄心壮志,你必须努力工作、艰苦奋斗、准备好条件。否则,机遇来临你却无法利用。 189. The difference between a man who succeeds and one who does not lies only in the way each treats opportunities. The successful person always makes adequate preparations to meet opportunities as they duly arrive. The unsuccessful person, on the other hand, works little and just waits to see pass by.
成功者与失败者的区别在于处理机遇的态度。成功者做好充分准备迎接机遇的适时来临。而失败者工作懒散,眼看机遇悄然而过。
1. Good to the last drop.
滴滴香浓,意犹未尽。(麦斯威尔咖啡)
2. Obey your thirst.
服从你的渴望。(雪碧)
3. The new digital era.
数码新时代。(索尼影碟机)
4. We lead. Others copy.
我们领先,他人仿效。(理光复印机)
5. Impossible made possible.
使不可能变为可能。(佳能打印机)
6. Take time to indulge.
尽情享受吧!(雀巢冰激凌)
7. The relentless pursuit of perfection.
不懈追求完美。 (凌志轿车)
8. Poetry in motion, dancing close to me.
动态的诗,向我舞近。(丰田汽车)
9. Come to where the flavor is. Marlboro Country.
光临风韵之境——万宝路世界。(万宝路香烟)
10.To me, the past is black and white, but the future is always color.
对我而言,过去平淡无奇;而未来,却是绚烂缤纷。(轩尼诗酒)
Just do it.
只管去做。(耐克运动鞋)
Ask for more.
渴望无限。(百事流行鞋)
The taste is great.
味道好极了。(雀巢咖啡)
Feel the new space.
感受新境界。(三星电子)
Intelligence everywhere.
智慧演绎,无处不在。(摩托罗拉手机)
The choice of a new generation.
新一代的选择。(百事可乐)
We integrate, you communicate.
我们集大成,您超越自我。(三菱电工)
Take TOSHIBA, take the world.
拥有东芝,拥有世界。(东芝电子)
Let’s make things better.
让我们做得更好。(飞利浦电子)
No business too small, no problem too big.
没有不做的小生意,没有解决不了的大问题。 (IBM公司)
A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit..
吃一堑,长一智。
Don't give me your attitude.
别跟我摆架子。
Don't give me your shit.
别跟我胡扯。
Don't lose your head!
别乐昏了头!
Mind your own business.
不要多管闲事。
Keep your temper under control ..
不要发脾气。
Don't lose your head。
不要惊慌失措。
Save your breath! I don't want to hear it.
不要说了,我不想听。
Don't dream away your time.
不要虚度光阴。
Shouting English is very helpful conquering your shyness.
大喊英语对克服你的羞怯心理很有帮助。
Give my best to your family.
代我向你们全家问好。
Hold your horses!
刀下留人。
Use your head.
动动脑筋。
Thanks for your cooperation.
多谢合作。
Thanks for your flattering me.
多谢你的夸奖。
Take your time.
放轻松。
It's your turn.
该你了。
I appreciate your invitation.
感谢你的邀请。
Tell me your story, I'm all ears.
告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听。
It's none of your business.
关你屁事!
Mind your own business!
管好你自己的事!
Just cool your heels!
好了,安静会儿吧!
Zip your fly.
拉上你的拉链。
Enjoy your trip.
旅途愉快。
Take your time.
慢慢来。
Nothing lasts forever--not even your troubles.
没有什么是永远的----你的困难也是这样。
Better the devil you know than the devil your don't know.
明枪易躲暗箭难防。
It's not your fault.
那不是你的错。
That's your story.
那是你编造的。
That's your problem.
那是你的问题。
Hold your horses.
耐心点儿。
You should have a mind of your own.
你必须有自己的主见。
Mind your own business.
你不要多管闲事。
You shouldn't get your hopes up.
你不应该抱太大的希望。
Your answer is satisfying. I feel satisfied.
你的答案是令人满意的。我感到很满意。
Did you enjoy your flight?
你的飞行旅途愉快吗?
Your company is very impressive.
你的公司给我留下深刻印象。
It's recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
邻居失业的时候就是经济衰退,自己失业的时候就是经济萧条。
Well, one can always consult a man and ask him: "Would you like your head cut off tomorrow?" and after he has said: "I would rather not", cut it off. Consultation is a vagues and elastic term.
是的,什么时候都可以跟一个人商量,问他:“你愿意明天被砍头吗?”接着,在他说了“我不愿意”之后,砍掉他的脑袋。磋商是个含糊的带弹性的词。
If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
你如果把秘密泄露给风,就不应责怪风把秘密泄露给树。
I like your institute but I do not want to enroll.
我喜欢你们学院,但我不想报名去那里。
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
我不同意你说的话,但我愿誓死捍卫你说这话的权力。
Read your job description but never be restricted by it.
读工作任务条例但不可受其限制。
consultant — someone who will take your watch off your wrist and tell you what time it is
顾问——把你的手表从你手腕上摘下来,然后告诉你时间的人。
When your soul experiences thirst, it needs water to quench it, no matter the water is poisonous or not.
心灵感到干渴时需要水来止渴,无论这水是否有毒。
What's your poison?
想喝点什么酒?
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as you please.
首先要掌握事实,然后你可以随意歪曲它们。
Do not speak of your happiness to one less fortunate than yourself.
不要向不如你幸运的人讲述你的幸福。
You must reach out for any opportunity that comes your way.
你必须抓住所遇到的任何机遇。
Oh, you are wearing ear rings! When did you have your ears pierced?
哦,你戴耳环了!是什么时候穿的耳朵?
Never forget to turn off the lights of your car after you park, or you won't be able to start your car.
停车后千万不要忘记关上灯,否则你就不能发动汽车了。
Your letter reached me yesterday.
我昨天收到了你的信。
Don't be nasty to your little brother.
不要对你的小弟弟太刻薄。
I have always envied your good luck.
我一直羡慕你运气好。
How are your wife and kids?
你的夫人和孩子都好吗?
Taking a dive is an effective trick to fool your boxing mate.
假装被击倒是骗过对手的有效方法。
Their efforts are worthy of your support.
他们的努力值得你们的支持。
cheap things unworthy of your attention
不值得你劳神的琐事
You ought to have your eyes seen to by a doctor.
你应该让医生看一下你的眼睛。
I am very envious of your new job.
我十分羡慕你的新工作。
What is your attitude to her work?
你对她的工作是怎么看的?
What was his reaction to your idea?
他对你的想法有什么反应?
What is your attitude to her work?
你对她的工作是什么态度?
You should educate your children to mind their manners.
你应该教育孩子注意行为举止。
I'm sorry to have taken up much of your valuable time.
很抱歉占用了你许多宝贵的时间。
Don't let social activities distract you from your study.
不要让社会活动影响你的学习。
Do your feel comfortable with the plan?
你对这个计划满意吗?
You've used too many quotations in your paper.
你的论文引用内容太多。
I'm sorry, I don't recall your name.
对不起,我记不起你的名字了。
I'll share my apple with you, if you'll give me half of your cake.
你把你的蛋糕给我一半,我就和你分享我的苹果。
It seems that the quotations you have here do not help your major point.
你在这里的引文对说明你的主要观点似乎没有什么作用。
For all your explanations, I understand no better than before.
尽管你作了解释,我还是不明白。
Please convey my best wishes to your parents.
请向你父母转达我最美好的祝愿。
You and your sister look so very similar, I often mistake you for her.
你和你妹妹长得很像,我常常把你当作你妹妹。
There has been a slight change in your work.
你的工作已有所改进。
Wipe the dirt off your shoes before you come in.
进来前先把你鞋上的尘土擦去。
Look through your examination paper for any small mistakes, before you hand it in.
交卷前,仔细检查一下你的试卷,看看有没有什么小错。
Look through your examination paper for any small mistakes before you hand it in.
交卷前,好好检查一下你的试卷,看看有没有小错。
Your friend doesn't seem to be controlled by logic.
你那位朋友好像没有逻辑性。
Don't fling your clothes about on the chair; hang them up.
别把衣服乱扔在椅子上,把它们挂起来。
Are your opinions representative of the other students?
你的意见是否代表其他同学的意见?
Write your idea down while it's clear in your mind.
趁你还没忘,把你的想法写下来。
With careful treatment, your father's condition should improve.
经过精心治疗,你父亲的病情会好转的。
Your plan is not workable; we must try to think of an alternative.
你的计划行不通,我们得另作计划。
Should you change your mind, let us know. (= If you should change your mind, let us know.)
如果你改变了主意,就告诉我们。
How do you wish to pay for your purchase?
你希望以何种方式支付所购物品?
When I put these things here I was thinking only of your convenience.
我把这些东西放在这里时,只是考虑了对你方便。
With your assistance, I can finish the job in time.
有你的帮助,我能按时完成工作。
Do be careful; think of your poor mother!
小心点,想想你那可怜的母亲吧!
Is it wise to engage in active sports at your age?
你这年纪从事剧烈的运动明智吗?
Let your conscience be your guide.
凭你的良心办事。
An education enriches your mind.
教育丰富了你的思想。
Your offer of a job tempts me greatly.
你为我提供的工作机会真让我动心。
Who is instructing your typing?
谁在教你打字?
I'm sorry that some business hindered my answering your letter.
很抱歉,由于忙于一些事务,未能回信。
Please write down your permanent address in the form.
请在表上填写你的永久性地址。
I don't want to influence your decision.
我不想影响你的决定。
I know you are radical in your thinking, but don't go too far.
我知道你思想激进,但不要走得太远。
Can you extend your visit a few days longer?
你能多停留几天吗?
Do you still hold to your plan of going to Australia?
你是否仍坚持要去澳大利亚?
What, in your judgment, is the best course of action?
依你看,什么是最佳的行动方针?
Can you account for your being absent last Friday?
你能说明上周五缺席的原因吗?
What was his reaction to your suggestion?
他对你的建议是什么反应?
Your success today must be significant for your future life.
你今天的成功对你未来的生活很重要。
You will endanger your health if you smoke.
你如果吸烟, 就会危及健康。
I like your methods of teaching and I will adopt them in my teaching.
我喜欢你的教学方法,并将在教学中采用这些方法。
If you cannot have your children of your own, why not consider adoption?
如果你们不能生育,为什么不考虑收养孩子?
Without the adoption of your ideas, they would have suffered such a heavy loss.
要是没有采纳你的意见,他们就会蒙受重大损失。
Wanting other friends doesn't mean you don't love your partner
需要其他朋友,并不意味着你不爱自己的伴侣。
If you like, I want to assist you with your homework.
如果你愿意的话,我想帮你做作业。
"I beg your pardon," said he, with some embarrassment.
"对不起," 他有点尴尬地说道。
I got the news prior to your call, but thank you just the same.
在你打电话之前,我已经得到了消息,但还是谢谢你。
You can refer to your close family, especially your mother and father, as your folks.
你可以说你的家人,尤其是父母,是你的亲属。
Do exercises and keep your muscles strong.
锻炼锻炼,使你的肌肉强壮起来。
There is no harm in writing down your name on the form.
在表格里写下你的名字不会有什么坏处。
I don't think this type of shoes will go with your jeans.
我看这种鞋和你的牛仔裤不相配。
I'm sorry, but your story just doesn't hold water.
对不起,你说的并不能说明问题。
These white shoes don't go with your black suit.
这双白色鞋子和那件黑色西服颜色不相配。
You can refer to your close family, especially your mother and father, as your folks.
你可以把你的家人,尤其是父母,说成是你的亲属。
Loud music can affect your hearing.
喧噪的音乐会影响你的听力。
You will endanger your health if you smoke too much.
如果抽烟太多,会危害你的健康。
Why do you assume that no one understands your difficulties?
为什么你认为没有人理解你的困难呢?
Remember that your decision will affect a large number of people.
请记住,你的决定将影响到许多人。
Is this your office or your residence?
这是你的办公室呢,还是你的住处?
If I hurt your feelings, it was without intention.
如果我伤害了你的感情,那不是有意的。
We only heard of your intended visit yesterday!
我们是昨天才听说你的来访意向的。
Passing the English examination should enhance your chances of getting the post.
通过了英语考试会增加你获得这个职位的机会。
The lawyer will act on your instructions.
律师会按照您的吩咐行事。
Take advantage of the opportunities coming your way.
有机会时要好好利用它。
You have to get yourself ready for any time; when a chance comes your way you can surely capture it.
你必须随时作好准备;一旦机会来了,你就能不失时机地抓住它。
Your idea won't work in practice.
你的想法在实践中行不通。
Can you utilize a computer in your work?
你工作中能用计算机吗?
Those shoes are not available in your size.
这种鞋没有你的尺码。
Don't involve me in your crime; I had nothing to do with it!
别把我扯进你的罪案中,我可与它毫无干系。
How do you reconcile your principles with your behavior?
你怎么使你的原则和行为一致起来?
How much will your lawyer's fee be?
你将付多少律师费?
Get your coat off.
把大衣脱下来。
Hand over your exercises the day after tomorrow.
后天交作业。
Hand your cases over to the doorman; he will see that they are delivered to your room.
把箱子交给门卫,他会将箱子送到你房间。
You are wasting your time and energy; I'm temptation-proof.
你是在浪费时间和精力,我是不会受诱惑的。
You have to curb your laughter when you are in church.
在教堂做礼拜时你得收敛你的笑声。
Put a curb on your temper.
收敛一下你的脾气。
There are many strategies you can use to improve your reading ability.
你可以运用许多技巧来提高阅读能力。
Keep still while I do up your shoe.
站着别动,我给你系鞋带。
You mustn't take her negative comments of your plan personally.
你不应该把她对你计划的批评当作对你个人的攻击。
Save your strength for hard work you'll have to do later.
养精蓄锐以应付今后你得去做的繁重工作。
Can you save your story for later?
你能不能把你的故事留在以后告诉我?
Please account for your conduct.
请解释你的行为。
Save your strength for the hard work you'll have to do later.
养精蓄锐以应付今后你得去从事的繁重工作。
Their efforts are worthy of your support.
他们的努力值得你们的支持。
It’s important to know your own weaknesses and strengths.
了解自己的缺点和优点很重要。
We’ll overlook your bad behavior this time, but don’t do it again.
这一次我们不计较你的错误行为,但是切勿再犯了。
Congratulations on your marriage!
恭喜你们喜结良缘!
Your bad spelling may prejudice (harm) your chances of getting the job.
你糟糕的拼写可能会使你丧失获得这个工作的机会。
You can get a grant to repair your house.
你可以得到一笔修房补助金。
If any letters come, shall I send them on to your new address?
如果有信来,我是否要把它们按你的新地址转给你?
If you are living overseas, you may not have to pay tax in your own country.
如果你生活在海外,你可以不必在你自己的国家付税。
Why don’t you took your mother along to the concert? I’m sure she would enjoy it.
你为什么不带母亲一起来听音乐会,我想她一定会喜欢的。
Do the plans meet with your approval?
你赞成这些计划吗?
Would you take an offer of, say (= for example), 5,000 dollars for your car?
要是给你开个价, 比方说5,000元, 你卖不卖这辆车?
I’m so pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr. Smith.
史密斯先生,能够认识您我感到很荣幸。
I’m afraid that I've got something to confess: I’ve broken your vase.
恐怕有件事我得坦白告诉你——我打破了你的花瓶。
How could you make an objective decision if she's your own daughter?
如果她是你的女儿,你怎么可能做出客观的决定呢?
If you spend any time in prison you’re labeled a criminal for the rest of your life.
如果你坐过牢,你将一辈子被看作罪犯。
Place your bets before the spin of the wheel.
请在转盘转起来之前下注。
You cannot play the piano properly if your fingers are too tense.
如果你的手指太僵直,就弹不好钢琴。
Just bring it back to the store, together with your receipt.
请把它连同发票一起带回商店。
I wouldn’t recommend reading in this light; it may affect your eyes.
我不赞成在这样的光线下读书,这会损伤你的眼睛。
What are your priorities in this matter?
在这件事中你优先考虑什么?
Please inform us of your decision and we will act accordingly.
请把你们的决定通知我们, 我们会照办的。
You are meant to take your shoes off before you enter a temple in India.
在进入印度的庙宇之前应先脱鞋。
“What’s your occupation?” “I’m an insurance agent.”
“你的职业是什么?” “保险代理人。”
Please tell me your name, age and occupation.
请告诉我你的姓名、年龄和职业。
Doing some exercise, preferably in the fresh air, will surely be good for your health.
做一些运动肯定对你的健康有益,尤其是在空气新鲜的地方做更好。
Can you tell us your argument for making the price lower?
你能告诉我们降价的理由吗?
How did you cut your thumb?
你的拇指怎么割破了?
My feelings in this matter are parallel to yours.
我在这件事上的感受和你很相似。
Your performance in the exam did not reach the required standard — in other words, you failed.
你的考试成绩没有达到规定标准——换句话说,你不及格。
Does your car have four or five gears?
你的车是四排挡还是五排挡?
I’m sorry, but your story just doesn’t hold water.
不过,你讲的话实在站不住脚。
The money your father left you will be held in trust until you are 21.
你父亲留下的钱会有人为你保管着,直到你年满21岁。
An education enriches your mind.
教育可以丰富你的思想。
If you engage in political affairs, you cannot expect to have much time for your family.
如果你从政的话,就不能指望再会有许多时间和家人在一起了。
Is it wise to engage in active sports at your age?
你这个年纪还从事剧烈的体育运动,明智吗?
The great convenience of your house is its position.
你的房子最大的便利在于其所处的位置。
Your plan sounds quite reasonable.
你的的计划听起来很有道理。
Your idea sounds like a good one.
你的想法听起来很好。
I’m tired of your never-ending complaints.
你不停地抱怨, 我听烦了。
I have been hearing favorable accounts of your work.
我一直听到赞扬你工作的话。
Have you thought about the difficulties your children would go through?
对于你的孩子会受的苦, 你想过吗?
If oil or gold is discovered under your lot, you can sell the mineral rights.
如果在属于你的地皮下面发现石油或黄金,你可以出售开采权。
Having professionally made curtains can be costly, so why not make your own?
专业定做的窗帘会很昂贵, 为什么不自己做呢?
As well as helping the environment, energy conservation reduces your fuel bills.
节省能源不但有利于环境,还能减少你的燃料支出。
Concerning your letter, I am pleased to inform you that you are to receive the order by the end of this week.
关于你的来信, 我很高兴地通知你, 你将在本周末收到订货。
In business, you’ve got to anticipate how your competitors will act.
在生意场上,你必须事先估计到你的竞争对手会如何行动。
I am only too delighted to accept your invitation.
(= I am very delighted to accept your invitation.)
我非常愉快接受你的邀请。
Thank you for all your kindness.
感谢你的好意。
Your fingerprint can’t be identical to / with mine.
你的指纹和我的不可能一样。
You made an original point in your speech.
你发言中有个新颖的观点。
All right, you've made your point — now keep quiet and let the others say what they think.
好吧,你们已经表明了看法—现在请保持安静,让其他人谈谈他们的看法。
I infer from your letter that you have not yet made a decision.
我从你的来信推断,你尚未作出决定。
Why don't you stand up to your boss when you know you are right!
你明知道自己是对的,为什么不敢当面对你的老板说呢?
Don't let her say things like that about your work — you should stand up to her a bit more.
别让她那样议论你的工作。你应该进一步勇敢地向她提出来。
You must submit your application before January 1st.
你必须在1月1日之前提交申请书。
There is need for improvement in your handwriting.
你的书法需要改进。
You can sink your hand into the pile of feathers and feel how soft it is.
你不妨把手伸进羽毛里,摸摸它有多柔软。
How can you justify your rude behavior?
你怎么对你的无礼行为作出令人满意的解释呢?
Can you show me any evidence for your statement?
你能不能给我看看你这种说法的证据?
I suggest supplementing your diet with vitamins E and A.
我建议在你的食物中补充维他命E和维他命A。
Blood vessels are the narrow tubes through which your blood flows.
血管是供血液流通的细管。
You mustn't allow your family duties to interfere with your work.
你不可让家庭责任干扰你的工作。
Your marks sum up to 87.
你(一共)得了87分。
If you go ahead and sell this medicine, your license will be revoked.
如果你不经许可继续出售这种药品,你的执照将被吊销。
What inspired you to change your name?
是什么促使你改名字的?
Please sit still while you pose for your photograph.
你准备照相时,请坐好别动。
Luckily your precious records were saved from the fire.
幸运的是,你那些珍贵的唱片在火灾中未被损毁。
Your unfortunate report might go against your chances of winning the contract.
这份不合时宜的报告可能使你失去得到那份合同的机会。
Please fasten your seat belts.
请系好安全带。
I agree with your father; it's a foolish risk.
我同意你父亲的看法: 那是愚蠢的冒险。
It's advisable to check in early to get a good seat on your flight.
最好早到机场登记以便得个好座位。
You need to go on taking basic fire safety precautions even when smoke alarms are fitted in your home.
即使在您的家中安装了烟雾报警器,您还是需要继续采取基本的防火安全措施。
Your support will certainly make a difference in our cause.
你的支持肯定会对我们的事业起重要作用。
Concerning your letter, I am pleased to inform you that your plans are quite acceptable to us.
关于你的信,我很高兴地通知你,你的计划对我们来说是完全可以接受的。
Please pay your bills at the checkout counter.
请到收银台付款。
How do you account for your long absence from classes without asking for leave?
你如何解释你不请假而长期缺课的行为?
Who knows what results will develop from your first success?
谁知道你的第一个成功会带来什么结果?
You should turn your music down out of consideration for your neighbours.
考虑一下你的邻居,你该把音乐放低些。
You’d better consult your teacher about the paper.
关于那篇论文,你最好请教你的老师。
It is in his best interests as well as yours.
这不仅最符合你的利益,而且也最符合他的利益。
I wonder at your allowing him to do such a thing.
我真纳闷你竟然会允许他做这种事。
I don’t wonder at your shock!
对你的吃惊我不感到惊讶。
In contrast to your belief that we will fail, I am confident that we will succeed.
你们认为我们会失败,而我却深信我们定会成功。
I wonder at your rudeness, when I have always been so kind to you.
我一直对你很友好,你的无礼真叫我惊讶。
You'll have to exert yourself more if you want to pass your exam.
如果你想通过考试,就必须更加努力。
I'm afraid your request for a pay rise was turned down again.
恐怕你要求加工资的请求又被拒绝了。
What's your annual income?
你的年收入是多少?
Would you think me bold if I asked how much your hat cost?
倘若我问一问你的帽子是多少钱买的,你会觉得我冒失吗?
There has been a distinct improvement in your work recently.
近来你的工作有明显改进。
Your little girl is so cute.
你的小女儿真可爱。
I wish you good luck in your new business venture.
祝你企业开张得好运。
It helps to share your sorrow with someone else.
与人分担自己的悲伤有助于减轻痛苦。
How is Amy / your wife / your husband?
爱米好吗?/你妻子好吗?/你丈夫好吗?
Open your books and turn to page 20.
打开书,翻到第20页。
Please turn in your paper before leaving.
请在离开前将论文交上。
Is this your handbag?
这是你的手提包吗?
What is the color of your new book?
你的新书是什么颜色的?
How big is your house?
你的房子有多大?
Is this yours?
这是你的吗?
Is this your pen?
I found it under the desk.
这是你的笔吗?我在桌下捡的。
Which is your bag?
哪个是你的包?
The one on your right.
你右边的那个。
Are these books all yours?
这些书全是你的吗?
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
May I have your name?
能告诉我你的名字吗?
What's your family name?
你姓什么?
Does your computer have a modem?
你的电脑有调制解调器吗?
Yes, I have your eraser, too.
是的,我还拿了你的橡皮。
What's the time by your watch?
你的表几点了?
Can you finish your work ahead of time?
你能提前完成工作吗?
Your English is very good.
你的英语很好。
Your pronunciation is excellent.
你的发音很好。
Where do you have your lunch?
你在哪儿吃午饭?
What time do you finish your work?
你什么时候下班?
What do you do in your spare time?
闲暇时,你干些什么?
How did you doing spend your holiday?
你假期怎么过的?
What's the color of your new dress?
你的新衣服是什么颜色的?
What's the size of your shoes?
你的鞋多大尺寸?
My brother is twice as tall as your sister.
我弟弟比你妹妹高一倍。
What's the shape of your balloon?
你的气球是什么形状?
Go on for about 100 meters. It's on your left side. You can't miss it.
往前走约100米,在你左手边,你不会错过的。
Go along the corridor and it's on your right side.
沿着走廊走,在你右手边。
How is your family?
你的家人怎么样?
Do you live with your parents?
你和你父母住一起吗?
What's your plan for the summer holiday?
暑假计划干什么?
Please give me your advice.
请给我提些建议。
I want to hear your opinion.
我想听听你们想法。
Here's your change.
这是找你的钱。
What's your size?
你穿多大号?
Here is your food.
你的菜来了。
Here is your change.
找您的钱。
What's your trouble?
你有什么不舒服?
Don't forget to put stamps on your letter.
别忘了贴邮票。
The room has a big closet. You can put your baggage in it.
房间里有一个很大的壁橱,你可以把你的行李放进去。
You should have your suit cleaned and ironed.
你应该把你的套装拿去洗烫一下。
You'd better put on your jacket. It's cold outside.
你最好穿上夹克,外面冷。
Your shoe lace is loose.
你的鞋带松了。
Take off your hat. It doesn't fit.
取下你的帽子,它不适合你。
What's your favorite sport?
你最喜欢什么运动?
What do you like to do in your spare time?
空闲时你喜欢干什么?
Putting Forward Your Own Opinions
提出自己的想法。
You should take the advice of your teacher.
你应该听老师的话?
In my opinion, your new coat is not worth so much money.
我认为你的外套不值得这么多钱。
Thanks for your advice but I have to consider it myself.
谢谢你的建议,但我得自己想想。
He does not pay attention to anybody.
You are wasting your time in persuading him.
他谁的话也不听,你劝他是在浪费时间。
Your work seems not satisfactory.
你的工作看起来并不令人满意。
What about your opinion?
你怎么想?
I really appreciate your help.
我非常感谢你的帮助。
I put myself entirely in your hands.
我按你说的办。
Have you reserved your ticket?
你订票了吗?
What's your nationality?
你是什么国籍?
What's your motherland?
你祖国是哪儿?
What's the capital of your country?
贵国首都是哪儿?
What does your father do?
你父亲做什么工作?
Do you have any plan for your career?
你对未来有什么计划吗?
What's the average yearly output of cars in your factory?
你们厂平均年产汽车多少台?
How many workshops are there in your factory?
你们厂有多少车间?
What are your interests?
你的爱好是什么?
What do you do in your spare time?
空闲时间你干什么?
How do you spend your evenings?
夜生活你都是怎么过的?
What's your favorite sport?
你最喜欢什么活动?
Turn up your radio please.
请你把收音机开响一点儿。
What's your favorite music?
你最喜欢什么音乐?
Is it yours? 这是你的吗?
I'm On your side. 我全力支持你。
I beg your pardon. 请你原谅。
I beg your pardon? 请您再说一遍(我没有听清)。
Make up your mind. 做个决定吧。
May I use your pen? 我可以用你的笔吗?
What's your trouble? 你哪儿不舒服?
Don't lose your head。 不要惊慌失措。
Your hand feels cold. 你的手摸起来彳艮冷。。
Fasten your seat belt. 系好你的安全带。
None of your business! 与你无关!
What's your goal in life 你的人生目标是什么?
Show your tickets, please. 请出示你的票。
Thank you for your advice. 谢谢你的建议。
Don't dream away your time. 不要虚度光阴。
I'm your lucky fellow then. 我就是你的幸运舞伴啦!
It's none of your business! 这不关你的事儿!
What's your favorite steps? 你最喜欢跳什么舞?
Check your answers with mine. 把你的答案跟我的核对一下。
Your life is your own affair. 你的生活是你自己的事。
My watch is faster than yours. 我的表比你的表快。
The results are stopped at 1000th line. 469 paragraphs, 1000 lines displayed. Top
(Alt+Z : Reinput words.) (You can doubleclick on the English words you are searching for.)