try [ trai] vt.试;审问 vi.尝试
try for 谋求,争取
try on 试穿;试用;试验
try out (彻底)试验
do/try one's best 尽力,努力
try on 试穿
try out 试验
do/try one's best
尽力,努力
try on
试穿
try out
试验
try [trai] n.&v. 试,试图,努力
try [trai] 尝试
trying ['traiiŋ] a.费劲的,困难的
帮倒忙 trying to help but causing more trouble in the process
大事化小,小事化了 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all
拉关系 try to curry favor with
专升本 upgrade from junior college student to university student; students with the diploma of junior college try to obtain the undergraduate diplomat through self-taught study
Try! ---- 去试一下!
a bit trying 有点苦恼
give it a try 偿一偿吧
I'm trying to make ends meet 我尽力要使收支平衡
prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them.
富贵结朋友, 患难见真情
Try before you buy 先试后买
Try our summer range of food 品尝夏季各种食品
大事化小,小事化了
try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all
人们为什么热衷于摸彩票? Why Do People Like to Try Their Luck on Lottery?
努力更新知识 Trying to Renew Knowledge
People differ in their attitudes towards failure. Faced with it, some of them can stand up to it, draw useful lessons from it and try hard to fulfill what they are determined to do. Others, however, lose heart and give in.
人们对失败持有不同的态度。面对失败,有人能够经得起考验,从失败中汲取教训,并努力去完成他们下定决心要做的事情。然而,另一些人却丧失信心并退却了。
Never say die! Up man, and try.
不要气馁,朋友,振作起来,干!
Try to look on the bright side of things.
尽量从好的方面看。
If the failures of this world could realize how desperate half the present-day geniuses once felt, they would take heart and try again.
世上的失败者若能了解到当今的天才有半数一度感到过多么绝望,他们就会振作精神再次努力。
The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right.
提出忠告的真正秘诀在于:诚心诚意地提出之后,就不再关注它是否被采纳,并且决不固执己见地要求别人按自己的意见行事。
When one has had to work so hard to get money, why should he impose on himself the further hardship of trying to save it?
已经是为了赚钱而不得不如此辛苦地工作,为什么还要把极力省钱这种更苦的事强加给自己呢?
It is undesirable to try to damage the significance of all life simply for love.
仅仅由于爱情就试图抹杀全部生活的意义是不可取的。
They were rather disturbed by the way the government tried to cover the truth.
他们对于政府掩盖真相的做法感到不安。
Please turn the radio down. I'm trying to sleep.
请把收音机关小点,我想睡觉了。
Please turn the television down. I'm trying to sleep.
请把电视机关小点声,我想睡觉了。
Try to achieve a better balance between work and play.
要努力使工作和娱乐更好地平衡。
She's always trying to impress people with her writings.
她总是试图用自己的作品给人们留下深刻印象。
We must try to keep up a consistently high standard.
我们必须始终努力保持高标准。
She's always trying to impress people with her new clothes.
她总是试图用穿新衣给人留下印象。
She's always trying to make an impression on people with her new clothes.
她总是试图用穿新衣给人留下印象。
You'd better underline these words and try to learn them by heart.
你最好在这些单词下面划上横线,并且努力把它们背下来。
They tried to file a request with the authorities.
他们试图向当局提出申请。
When people ask us questions we usually respond to their questions by trying to answer them.
当人们问我们问题时,我们通常用回答来对问题作出反应。
Teachers should try to fill students' needs.
教师应该尽力满足学生的需要。
They tried to file a request with the authorities.
他们试图向当局提出请求。
He is the only child in the family, so the parents are trying their best to fill his needs.
他是家里的独生子,所以父母想方设法满足他的需要。
Many people have tried to solve the problem but without success; it is a mystery that the girl found the solution to it in just a minute.
许多人设法解决这个问题,但都没有成功; 这个女孩仅在几分钟内就把它解决了,真是件怪事。
Now more and more city adults spend their free time trying to improve themselves at school or college.
现在城市里越来越多的成年人利用业余时间到学校或大学去充电。
Your plan is not workable; we must try to think of an alternative.
你的计划行不通,我们得另作计划。
The museum is trying to raise enough money to purchase a painting by Van Gogh.
博物馆正在设法筹集足够的资金以购买一幅凡高的画。
We should try our best to send supplies to the city that has been under siege.
我们应尽力向被围困的城里输送供给品。
I'm trying to locate Mr. Smith. Do you know where he is?
我正在寻找史密斯先生。你知道他在哪里吗?
He tried to project himself as kind and thoughtful.
他试图使自己表现得善良而有头脑。
Whatever happens, keep (on) trying.
不管发生什么,坚持努力下去。
The student tries to project himself in order to make a good impression on the new teacher.
那位学生设法表现自己以获得新老师的好感。
I was walking out to my car when a man tried to mug me.
我正朝汽车走去,突然有人试图抢劫我。
I was trying to quit smoking at the time.
当时我正在努力戒烟。
Try to image being on the moon.
试想一下在月球上会是怎么个样子。
Try to image being on the moon.
设想一下在月球上会是怎么个样子。
Try not to use violence against children.
尽量不要对儿童实施暴力行为。
We try to help people confront their problems.
我们试图帮助人们去面对自己的问题。
People who confront their difficulties bravely are people who face their difficulties bravely and try to succeed despite them.
所谓勇于面对困难的人是指勇于面对困难并努力取得成功的人。
Many people have heard of web learning but they have never tried it.
许多人听说过网上学习,可从未尝试过。
The criminal was captured when trying to escape from the city.
罪犯在企图逃离这座城市时被捕获。
In his traveling report, he tried to capture the beauty of the Great Waterfalls.
他努力在他的游记中记录下大瀑布的壮美。
After evaluating the patient's condition, the doctor decided to try a new drug.
对病人的病情进行检查以后,医生决定试用一种新药。
I tried sending her flowers but it didn't have any effect.
我尝试着给她送花,但毫无作用。
Try putting some more wine in it; that might make it taste a bit better.
请尝试着多加一点酒,味道可能会好一点。
Please try to understand.
想办法弄懂。
I once I tried to learn Japanese.
有一度我曾设法学日语。
It is no good trying that method, because it won't work.
尝试那种方法没有意义,因为它不起作用。
They tried to plan a peace talk but accomplished nothing.
他们试图安排一次和平谈判,但什么也没做成。
He is trying to structure a sentence.
他正在努力造一个句子。
He's trying to cheat her out of money.
他企图骗她的钱。
He is trying to fake an answer.
他企图伪造一个答案。
He is trying to structure a sentence.
他正在努力造一个句子。
Hotels try to attract conventions because they bring a lot of business.
宾馆设法吸引各种会议,因为会议可带来大量生意。
The government is making some fresh initiatives to try to deal with the problem.
政府正在采取一些新的积极行动,试图解决这一问题。
The Chinese government will try to regenerate the damaged area.
中国政府将努力使受灾地区恢复生机。
Try and show some tolerance.
试一试表现得宽容些。
She overlooked his offensiveness and tried to pretend nothing had happened.
她没有计较他的无礼,并尽量装作没事的样子。
She tried to buy time by doing a lot of talking.
她企图以滔滔不绝的谈话来拖延时间。
We are trying to build up overseas markets for our cars.
我们正设法为我们的汽车开拓海外市场。
He’s naturally funny; he doesn’t even have to try.
他天生有表演才能 ,根本用不着刻意做作。
He tried to join the army but was turned down because of poor health.
他想参军,但因身体不好被拒绝。
The painter tried to be as objective as possible in evaluating his latest work.
那位画家在评价他最近的作品时尽量讲得客观入理。
If you can’t give up smoking completely, at least try to cut down.
如果不能完全戒烟,至少要少抽点。
People concerned about cholesterol levels often try to cut down on meats.
担心自己胆固醇高的人常常减少肉类的摄入。
The thief tried to set his companion up for punishment but he too was caught and tried.
那个窃贼试图栽赃于他的同伙,但结果他自己也被抓获并受到审讯。
When you make a pledge, you should always try to fulfil it.
你许下了诺言,就必须始终努力去兑现它。
Graham was really excited when he joined the athletics club and he bought all the gear, but now he’s lost interest and he’s trying to sell everything.
格拉罕姆刚加入运动俱乐部时热情真高,他购买了所有的运动器材,可现在他却兴趣全无了,甚至于想把运动器材全部卖掉。
She tried to mask her feelings.
她试图掩盖自己的感情。
With isolation, you try to avoid the effects of culture shock, or at least that’s what you think.
你试图通过独处躲避文化震撼的影响,或者不管怎样,你是这样想的。
He tried to avoid answering my questions.
他竭力回避回答我的问题。
He tried to anticipate all my needs.
他设法将我需要的东西预先准备好。
Try to be diplomatic when you refuse her invitation, so as not to cause bad feeling.
谢绝她的邀请时要注意方式, 以免引起不快。
We’re trying to develop an all-embracing policy which deals with every element of education.
我们正试着制订一项能解决教育各方面问题的全面政策。
He tried various different jobs and in the end became a tourist guide.
他尝试做过各种不同的工作,最后当了一名导游。
I've always understood one should try and be considerate of other people.
我一向明白,人应该努力体谅他人。
The boy tried to deceive his mother, but she knew what he had done.
那男孩企图骗过他母亲,但她知道他干了些什么。
My weight keeps going up although I try not to eat too much.
虽然我尽力不多吃,我的体重却越来越重。
We spent all day trying to assemble our new bookshelves.
我们用了一整天来安装新书架。
She tried hard to assemble the bike.
她很费力地组装自行车。
The police are trying to recruit more black and Asian officers.
警察正在努力招聘更多的黑人和亚裔警官。
The government is still trying to get to grips with inflation.
政府还在努力解决通货膨胀的问题。
Yes, we should try to contact more.
是的,我们应该联系多点。
May I try it on?
我能试试吗?
I tried to call you, but the line was busy.
我试着给你打电话,但老占线。
Good try, but not quite right.
是个很好的尝试,但并不完全正确。
Try again. 再试试。
I'll try my best. 我尽力而为。
I'll have to try that. 我得试试这么做。
If you would only try, you could do it.只要你肯尝试,你一定能做这件事。
Try to look on the bright side of things.尽量从好的方面看。
Since I'm here, I'd like to try a typical dish of this country.既然来了,我想吃这个国家特有的食物。
Will you please try to find out for me what time the train arrives?能不能请你帮我查查火车什么时候到?
They are trying to find out whether there is something about the way we teach language to children which in fact prevents children from learning sooner.
他们在尝试寻找是否我们教授孩子们语言的方法中有阻碍孩子们迅速学习语言的东西。
Mathematicians who have tried to use the computers to copy the way the brain works have found that even using the latest electronic equipment they would have to build a computer which weighed over 10,000 kilos.
使用计算机来拷贝大脑工作方式的数学家们发现即使使用最先进的电子设备,他们也要建造一台超过10,000公斤的计算机。
While a selection of necessary details is involved in both, the officer must remain neutral and clearly try to present a picture of the facts, while the artist usually begins with a preconceived message or attitude which is then transmitted through the use of carefully selected details of action described in words intended to provoke associations and emotional reactions in the reader.
尽管收集必要的信息对于两者来说都是需要的,但官员必须以中立和清晰的态度来提供事实的画面,而艺术家从已设字的信息或者态度开始,并将其过用激发读者共鸣和情绪反应的词语描写的动用细节描述出来。
The instinctive sense of the dishonor which money-purchase does to art is so strong that sometimes a man of letters who can pay his way otherwise refuses pay for his work, as Lord Byron did, for a while, from a noble pride, and as Count Tolstoy has tried to do, from a noble conscience.
金钱购买给艺术的本能耻辱感如此强烈,以致可有时文人可以获得报酬却拒绝为其作品给予的报酬,Lord Byron有时因为尊贵的自豪而这么做,而Count Tolstoy则出于贵族的良知而尽力这么做。
Fallois proposed that Proust had tried to begin a novel in 1908, abandoned it for what was to be a long demonstration of Saint-Beure’s blindness to the real nature of great writing, found the essay giving rise to personal memories and fictional developments, and allowed these to take over in a steadily developing novel.
Fallois提出Proust 1908年就开始写小说了,因为Saint-Beure对于写作的真实性质的忽视,他把小说放置了。后来开始流行个人回忆录和科幻小说,这些东西和小说一起稳步地发展。
If we look at man as an animal and try to analyze the environmental forces that are acting on the organism, we find that we have to deal with things like climate, soil, plants, and such like factors common to all biological situations; but we also find, always, very important environmental influences that we can only class as “cultural”, which modify the physical and biological factors.
如果我们将人类看作动物来尝试解释作用在有机物上的环境影响力的话,我们不得不处理像气候,土壤,植物和一些对于所有生物环境来说共同的因素,但我们也发现,“文化”的影响也非常重大,它可以改变物理和生物因素。
Later, people tried to lift a building off its foundation, and insert rubber and steel between the building and its foundation to reduce the impact of ground vibrations.
后来,人们试着把建筑物从其基地上撑起来,在建筑物和地基间灌入橡胶和钢铁以减少地表震动的影响。
She tried to avoid answering my questions.
她试图避而不答我的问题。
I tried to comfort him after he was defeated by his opponent.
他被对手击败后,我尽力安慰他。
Even when you argue, you should try to keep cool.
即使在争辩时,你也要尽力保持冷静。
Do not try to cover a mistake.
不要试图掩盖错误。
We tried to find cover from the storm.
我们设法寻找遮蔽暴风雨的地方。
We've tried our best to effect reconciliation between the two parties.
我们已尽了最大努力希望促成双方和解。
Noise is unpleasant, especially when you are trying to sleep.
噪音令人讨厌,尤其当你想睡觉的时候。
I tried to fix the equipment but I failed.
我想把机器修理好,但是失败了。
These two brothers decided to go to America to try their fortunes.
这兄弟俩决定去美国碰碰运气。
The teacher has been trying to hammer in the facts.
教师一直设法把这些事实灌输给学生。
64. It was written by hand.
这是手写的。
I'm trying to learn English.
我正在尽力学英语。
Scientists are trying to map the surface of the moon.
科学家们正设法绘制月球表面图。
I tried to preserve my independence.
我试图保持自己的独立性。
He was sorry for her and tried to cheer her up.
他为她感到难过,并试图使她振作起来。
He is trying his best to understand his meaning.
他正在尽力弄明白他的意思。
Would you like to try this jacket on for size, sir?
先生,你要不要试穿一下这件夹克衫,看看尺寸是否合适?
After a few tries they decided to give up.
试了几次后,他们决定放弃。
把饭吃光。
Finish up your plate.
Finish up your plate. (把碗里的饭吃干净。)
I'm trying to. (这不吃着呢嘛。)
我想追求她。
I'm trying to make a pass at her. *make a pass at...“(特别是对女性)挑逗,求爱”。
I'm trying to make a pass at her. (我想追求她。)
I don't blame you. ([她对你来说很有魅力,]我理解你的心情。)
I'm trying to pick her up. (我打算把她弄到手。) *pick up 是口语“把异性弄到手”、“勾搭女人”、“追女人”的意思。
I'm trying to get a date with her. (我打算和她约会。) *get a date with...“和……约会”、“约会”。
你是想和我约会吗? (你想勾引我吗?)
Are you trying to pick me up? *pick up“勾引(男人/女人),欺骗”。
Are you asking me out?
Are you asking me for a date?
Are you asking me out on a date?
你能把要点说得再清楚点儿吗?
Would you get to the point? *get to the
point“抓住重点,进入正题”。
Would you get to the point? (你能把要点说得再清楚点儿吗?)
All right, all right. (好的,好的。)
What's the point? (什么是重点?)
Stop beating around the bush.
What are you trying to say? (你想说什么?) *比较温和的说法。
他很好色。
He's fresh. *看样子可以翻成“他是个新鲜的人”,但实际上表达的是“他是好色的人”。
He always tries to touch me. (他总想碰我。)
Yeah, he's fresh. (是啊,他真好色。)
He's a dirty-minded man.
He's a dirty old man. (他真是个讨厌的老头。)
All he thinks about is sex. (他满脑子想的都是情事。)
她正在接电话。
Her line is busy now. *busy表示“正在打电话”,而不是“忙”。
Sorry, her line is busy now. (对不起,她正在打电话。)
Alright. I'll try again later. (好的。那我过一会儿再打。)
She's on another line now.
Ms. Kane is talking to someone else now. (凯恩先生正在打电话。)
I'm afraid she's on the other line now.
过会儿我再打。
I'll try again later.
I'll call back later.
I'll call again in an hour. (一个小时后我再打来。)
您拨的电话号码是多少?
What number are you calling?
What number are you trying to reach?
您找哪位呀?
Who would you like to talk to?
Who do you want to talk to?
Who are you calling?
Who are you trying to reach?
我不明白你的意思。
I can't understand what you mean.
I can't see what you mean.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
I don't get your drift.
我弄不清楚你想说什么。
I'm not sure what you mean.
That's how you do it. (所以应该这样做呀。)
I'm not sure what you mean. (我弄不清楚你想说什么。)
I'm not sure I understand.
I'm not sure I see what you mean.
I don't know if I understand what you're trying to say.
我不知道他要干什么。
I don't know what he is driving at. *drive at... “打算做……”。
I don't know what he intends.
I don't know what he is getting at.
I don't know what he is trying to do.
It's not clear. (我不清楚。)
That's unclear.
That's clear. (那很清楚了。)
什么意思?
What does it mean? *没弄明白对方所说事情时,可以这样积极主动地问。
What do you mean?
Please explain what you mean. (请您解释一下您的意思。)
What are you trying to say? (您想说什么?)
What do you mean by that? (您这是什么意思?)
你是说……吗?
Are you saying that...? *确认对方讲话内容时。
Are you saying that it's a bad idea? (你是说这个主意不好?)
That's right. (是的。)
Do you mean...?
Are you trying to say that...?
碰碰运气看。
I'll take a chance.
Can you jump over the river? (你能跳过那条河吗?)
I'll take a chance. (碰碰运气看。)
I'll take a gamble.
I'll go for it. (我大胆试一试。)
I'll give it a try. (试试看。)
我们总得想办法完成。
Let's finish it somehow. *somehow “想方设法”、“不管怎样”。
It's getting late. (已经这么晚了。)
Let's finish it somehow. (我们总得想办法完成。)
Let's try our best to finish it. (竭尽全力完成。)
Let's get it over with. (赶快把它做完吧。)
值得一试。
It's worth a try. *worth “有价值”、“值得”、“也许不顺利”或“做起来太勉强,但值得一试”。
I don't think I can beat him. (我想我赢不了他。)
Well, it's worth a try. (但,值得一试。)
你还得再加把劲儿。
What you need is a little more effort. *effort “努力”、“尽力”。
You should put a little more effort into it. (你应该再加一把劲儿。)
You should try a little harder. (你应该再努力一点儿。)
手下留情。
Please go easy on me. *出自于新手和没有实力的人的口中。 也可用于体育运动go easy on... 常用于命令句, 表示“对……要手软”、 “对人或东西要珍惜”、 “对……要留有余地”。
It's my first time, please go easy on me. (我这是第一次,请手下留情。)
Alright, I'll try. (知道了,我会的。)
你不该随便乱花钱。
You shouldn't spend money foolishly.
You should try to be thriftier. (你该试着再节约些。)
You shouldn't spend your money like water.
You shouldn't waste your money. (你不该那么浪费钱。)
你的想法太不现实了。
You should get your head out of the clouds. *直译是“你应该把你的脑袋从云中伸出来”,即“你的想法太不实际了,回到现实中吧”。
You should get your head out of the clouds. (你的想法太离谱了。)
Maybe you're right. I should try to be more down-to-earth. (也许你是对的。我该更现实点儿。)
You aren't being realistic.
You should be more logical. *logical “符合逻辑的”、“道理上讲得通的”。
你站在我的立场上想想。
Put yourself in my shoes. *直译是“把你的脚放到我的鞋里试试?”,即“你站到我的立场上考虑考虑。”
We will not take your illness into consideration. (我们没考虑到你生病。)
Put yourself in my shoes. (你们该为我想想。)
Try to see it from my point of view.
Try to see it my way.
要做得不露痕迹。
Keep it out of sight. *out of sight 短语,“看不见的地方”、“视线之外”。
Keep it out of sight. (要做得不露痕迹。)
Okay. I'll try. (明白了。就这么着。)
I don't want anyone to see it. (我不想让人看到。)
I don't want to see it ever again. (我再也不想看到。)
啊,对啦!
That's it! *正中对方话语、行为的核心,惊讶或高兴时用。
Let's push this button. (摁这个按钮看看。)
That's it! (啊,对啦!)
Let's try this way. (用这个方法试一试。)
That's it! (啊,对啦!)
That's a winner.
Sounds like a winner.
That's not it. (啊,不对。)
我会试试。
I'll try. *“试试”、“努力”。
Can you find him? (你能找到他吗?)
I'll try. (我会试试。)
I'll do my best.
I'll try to.
不要画蛇添足了。
Let's leave well enough alone. *直译是“这样就很好了,保持别动了”。表示“这种状态就很好,所以如果再修改的话就会画蛇添足”。
One more hand. (再玩一次吧。)
Let's leave well enough alone. (这样就行了,到此为止吧!)*玩扑克游戏时。
Let's quit while we're ahead.
Let's not try to improve the results. *这种表达方式不常使用。
好的,谢谢。
Yes, thank you. *向对方表示感谢的心情。
Would you like to try? (你想试试吗?)
Yes, thank you. (好的,谢谢。)
No, thank you. (不,不用了。)
我不能保证。
I can't promise. *“不能保证,但可以试试”。表达想帮助对方的心情。
You have to come. (你也来吧!)
I'll try but I can't promise. (我争取去,但不能保证。)
那真讨厌!
That's disgusting. *disgusting“讨厌的,令人厌恶的,让人作呕的”。表达让人厌恶、讨厌得直想吐的心情。
That's disgusting. Are you going to eat that? (看上去真恶心,你准备吃吗?)
Yes, it's delicious. Try it. (嗯,很好吃啊,你试试!)
That's gross. (那真恶心。)
别把我当傻瓜。
Don't think you can make a fool out of me! *make a fool out of... 表示“轻视,看不起”。直译是“别以为你可以轻视我!”
Don't try to make me look foolish! 直译“别把我弄得像个傻瓜”。
You can't make me look stupid!
你拿我开涮呢。
You're making fun of me. *make fun of... 表示“看不起人,把……作为取笑对象”。把它作为一个短语来记。
You're teasing me. (你耍我呢。) *tease “逗弄,戏弄”、“愚弄”。
Are you trying to make a fool out of me? (你是不是在把我当笑料呀?)
安静点,行不行?
Calm down, will you? *calm down “安静下来”、“镇静”、“平息”。
Calm down, will you? (安静点,行不行?)
Okay. I'll try. (好的!我尽量。)
你想把我轰走吗?
Are you trying to get rid of me? *get rid of...“轰走,去掉,摆脱”。Are you trying to...? 带有“你想试试做……吗?”的语感。
Are you trying to get rid of me? (你想赶我走?)
No, I've just been busy. (不是,我只是太忙了。)
Are you trying to avoid me? (你想躲着我?)
别硬装酷了。
Stop trying to be cool!
Give it up!
你俩要好好相处。
Try to get along.
Be nice to each other.
差不多了!
Almost! *用来表示几乎就要成功了。
Almost! (差不多了!)
Nice try. (干得不错。)
振作起来!
Cheer up!
Cheer up! (振作起来!)
I'll try. (我会的。)
Come on! (打起精神来!)
Take it easy! (别那么想不开。)
Pull yourself together! (重新振作起来。)
Get a hold of yourself!
Get your shit together! *语气相当尖锐。表达类似“别那么懒懒散散的,振作精神,好好干”的感觉。
下次再努力吧。
Try harder next time.
My test score was low. (我的考分很低。)
Try harder next time. (下次再努力吧。)
别松劲!
Hang in there! *鼓励正在做某事的人,“坚持下去!”、“不要放弃!”。
I can't do it anymore. (我不行了。)
Hang in there! (别松劲!))
Don't give it up!
Keep at it! (坚持下去!)
Keep your chin up! (要有信心!)
Try harder! (再加把劲!)
试试看。
Just try it.
I don't think I can. (我想我不行。)
Just try it. (你试试看。)
I don't want to. (我不想做。)
Just try it. (就试一下。)
Come on, try it.
Just give it a try.
试着做做。
Try and do it.
Try it.
Give it a try.
再试一遍。
Try again.
Have another try.
Do it again.
Give it another try.
我们得让他振作起来。
Let's cheer him up.
He looks blue. (他看上去很忧郁。)
Let's cheer him up. (我们得让他振作起来。)
Let's try to make him forget his troubles. (我们试着让他忘记烦恼吧。)
It would help if you could try to speak a little slower.
请你尽量放慢说话速度。
I will try.
我会试试看。
It will help me understand the point you are trying to make.
这会帮助我了解你们的重点。
I will try, but no promises.
我会试试看,但是不敢保证。
I tried several times to call, but there is no answer.
我打了几次,但是没有人回答。
I'm still trying to get to second base with you.
我仍旧试着想和你发展到‘第二阶段’。(在美国,first base 指拉手,接吻,second base 指抚摩等,third base 指做爱)
You are always trying to get my goat.
你总是想惹我发火。
He is trying to cash in on me.
他想占我便宜。
= He is trying to take advantage from me.
I'll have another go at it.
我再试一次。
= I'll try again.
我可以试穿这个吗?
May I try this on?
I'd like to try these on.
我想要试穿。
I know he's trying to butter me up, but I'm not buying it.
我知道他想要拍我马屁,但我才不吃那一套。
Everyone in this company knows that he's trying to curry favor with the board of the directors.
公司里的每一个人都知道他想要巴结董事会。
Time tries all things.
时间检验一切。
As the touchstone tries gold, so gold tries man.
试金石可以试金,正如黄金可以试人。
Business makes a man as well as tries him.
事业既考验人,也造就人。
First try, and then trust.
试了才能相信。
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
初试不成功,努力勿懈怠。
If you trust before you try, you may repent before you die.
不试就相信,死前要悔恨。
If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some, for the that goes a-borrowing goes a-sorrowing.
欲知金钱价,不妨把钱借;借钱味难尝,使人心悲伤。
Never say die! Up man, and try.
不要气馁,朋友,振作起来,干!
Nothing is impossible (or difficult) to the man who will try.
天下无难事,只怕不努力。
Poverty tries friends.
贫穷考验朋友。
Prosperity gains (or makes) friends, and adversity tries them.
顺境交朋友,逆境试真情。
Time tries all.
时间检验一切。
Time tries truth.
时间考验真理。
Try (your friend) before you trust him.
朋友要经考验,才能取得信任。
You never know what you can do till you try.
事非经过不知难。
It would help if you could try to speak a little slower.
请你尽量放慢说话速度。
It will help me understand the point you are trying to make.
这会帮助我了解你们的重点。
I will try, but no promises.
我会试试看,但是不敢保证。
You are just trying to save face.
你只是想挽回面子。
I'd like to try on these hats.
我想试试这些帽子。
Don't try to brainwash me.
别想给我洗脑。
A It’s difficult deciding on a future career.
A 决定将来的事业是一件很难的事情。
B What do you mean?
B 你的意思是?
A Just now, I’m not sure what kind of work I like.
A 目前,我不太确定我喜欢做什么工作。
B I suppose there are lots of different paths you could take.
B 我想你有很多条路可以选择。
A Yes, to some degree. But I’m just not sure which is the best. I don’t want to work in an office all my life.
A 是的,在某种程度上是这样。但是我不太确定哪个是最好的选择。我不想一辈子在办公室里工作。
B The best thing is to try various jobs and see which you like most.
B 最好的办法是尝试各种工作,看看你最喜欢哪一个。
A What about you? What are your career plans?
A 你呢?你的事业计划是什么?
B I’ve got lots of thoughts and ideas. Most of all, I’d like to start my own business.
B 我有很多的想法。大多数的想法是,我想开创自己的生意。
A Doing what? What kind of business?
A 做什么?做哪一行?
B I’m doing a lot of fashion design at the moment. Designing new clothes and so on. I’d like to sell my designs and the clothes I make.
B 我目前在做服装设计。设计新衣服等等。我想卖自己设计和制作的服装。
A That sounds great. I think you should really try and make a business out of that.
A 听起来好极了。 我想你确实应该尝试开创这样的事业。
B I think it would be so good to be independent and have your own business.
B 我想独立自主,有自己的生意是非常好的。
A You should try and find somewhere to sell your clothes and fashion designs.
A 你应该尝试找个地方卖你的服装和设计。
B I’ve sold them at markets before but it’s hard work and you don’t make enough money.
B 我以前在市场上卖过,但是这是一项艰苦的工作,而且你卖不了多少钱。
A Have you thought about renting a shop?
A 你想过租一家店吗?
B Yes, maybe I’ll open a shop. That would be best, but it’s expensive.
B 是的,也许我会开家商店。那样最好,不过需要很多钱。
A Well, maybe it’s a good target to aim for. You would probably get more business if you had a shop.
A 哦,也许这是一个努力的好目标。如果你有自己的商店的话,你很可能有很多生意。
B You’re right. But it’s only a dream just now. I have to earn more first!
B 你说得对。但是目前还只是一个梦。我得先挣更多的钱!
A I’m so bored with my job!
A 我对自己的工作厌烦透了!
B I thought you liked your work.
B 我以为你喜欢你的工作。
A I used to, but not now. I want to look for a new job. I want a change.
A 我过去喜欢,但是现在不喜欢了。我想找份新工作。我想有个变化。
B But your job is good. You earn good money and it’s interesting.
B 但是你的工作很好啊。你挣得多,工作又有趣。
A Yes, the money is OK, but the job isn’t really that interesting for me. I want to do something new, something different.
A 是的,钱还可以,但是工作对我来讲不是那么有趣。我想做新的事情,不同的事情。
B Well, you should try and find something different.
B 那么,你应该尝试找到不同的工作。
A How do I connect my laptop in my room?
A 我怎样在房间里连接笔记本电脑?
B Just connect your computer to the telephone point.
B 把你的电脑和电话接口连接起来就行。
A Do I need a special cable?
A 我需要一根特殊的线吗?
B Oh, sorry – yes, you do need a cable. You’ll find it in the drawer of your desk.
B 噢,对不起——是的,你需要一根线。在桌子的抽屉里你就能找到。
A OK. Thanks. I’ll try and connect. If there are any problems, I’ll get back to you.
A 好的。谢谢。我会尝试去连接。如果有问题的话, 我再回来问你。
B You’re welcome. You’ll also find instructions in your room.
B 不客气。你在房间里还能找到连接说明。
A I’ve connected the cable from my laptop to the telephone point, but I still can’t get on the internet. Can you help me?
A 我已经用线把我的笔记本电脑和电话接口连接上了,但是我还是上不了网。你能帮我吗?
B Yes, just a moment. What does it say on your computer screen?
B 当然,请稍等。你的电脑屏幕上显示什么?
A It says I need a password.
A 显示我需要一个密码。
B Yes, you need a password. Just key in your room number. That’s your individual password.
B 是的,你需要密码。只需键入你的房间号码。那就是你的个人密码。
A OK. I’ll try that. ?Yes, that works. I’m connected. Thanks very much.
A 好的,我试一下。是的,行了。我连接上了。非常感谢。
B You’re welcome.
B 不客气。
A Do you know when you want to fly to Shanghai?
A 你知道你什么时候想飞往上海吗?
B Not yet, but I’ll decide when I’ve checked everything on the website.
B 还不知道,但是当我在网上查完的时候我就将做出决定。
A Well, when you have decided, then you can book your tickets.
A 哦,当你做出决定以后你就可以订票了。
B Can I book the tickets online? Is that possible?
B 我能在网上订票吗?可能吗?
A Yes, I think so. It depends on the airline, I think. You’ll need your credit card details.
A 是的,我想可以。这取决于航空公司,我想。你将需要你的信誉卡的细节。
B OK, I’ll try. Hopefully, I can do everything online.
B 好的,我试一试。但愿一切我都能在网上完成。
A The football websites are really good. I follow English football on the internet.
A 足球网非常好。我在互联网上跟踪了解英国足球赛况。
B Do you use English-language websites?
B 你使用英文网站吗?
A For football? Yes, mostly English, sometimes Chinese. The English ones are good for practicing my English.
A 足球的英文网站?是的,大部分是英语网站,有时是中文网站。英文网站对我练习英语有好处。
B I must try them. Can you e-mail me the website addresses?
B 我一定要试一试。你能把那些网站的网址用电子邮件发给我吗?
A Yes, no problem. Apart from helping my English, it’s a great way to keep up-to-date on all the news and results.
A 当然,没问题。除了帮助我学习英语,上网还是了解最新消息和结果的好方法。
B That’s true! It’s good if you’re a football fan who also wants to learn English!
B 确实如此!如果你既是一个球迷又想学英语的话这确实很好。
A haidian could be a good area for clubs and bars. You should find somewhere with live music.
A 海淀区是夜总会和酒吧的好去处。在那里你应该能找到有现成音乐演奏的地方。
B Good. I think we will try that at the weekend.
B 好。我想我们这个周末会去看看。
A Yes. It’s a good area for nightlife.
A 是的。那里是夜生活的好去处。
B There’s lots of students at the university there and it’s a good atmosphere.
B 那里有很多大学生,氛围很好。
A You should ask Gao Yu. She knows about the music scene. I’m sure she could tell you the best places to go.
A 你应该问问高雨。她了解音乐圈。我肯定她能告诉你最好去哪里。
B That’s a great idea. I’ll definitely check with her.
B 这是一个好主意。我一定去问问她。
A Let’s go out this evening. The weather is beautiful.
A 咱们今晚出去。天气太好了。
B OK. Where would you like to go?
B 好的。你想去哪里?
A Let’s check out some of the bars around Houhai.
A 咱们到后海周围的酒吧转转。
B That would be nice. We can try some of the lakeside and rooftop bars.
B 那会很有意思。我们可以到那些湖边和屋顶酒吧看看。
A Yes, some of them have fantastic views.
A 好的,在其中的几家看风景视野特别好。
B We can just stroll around and try a few places.
B 我们就到那里转转,去一些地方看看。
A Look at that. See the boat over there?
A 看那个。看到那边的那条船了吗?
B Oh yes – that looks nice. A boat trip on the lake.
B 哦,是的——那条船很漂亮。乘船游湖。
A Yes, we? should try it sometime. You can take a boat on the lake and have dinner.
A 是的,我们将来应该尝试一下。你可以乘船游湖、在船上就餐。
B You can have dinner on the boat?
B 可以在船上就餐?
A Yes, and music. See, there’s a musician on the boat playing traditional music.
A 是的,还有音乐。看,船上游有一个音乐家在演奏传统音乐。
B That looks so good. We must try it!
B 看起来真不错。我们一定要体会一下!
A Let’s go to the club next weekend.
A 咱们下周末去那家夜总会。
B OK. I’m happy to go next weekend. Is the music good there?
B 好的,我很愿意下周末去。那里的音乐好吗?
A Yes, there’s great dance music in the nightclub.
A 是的,那家夜总会的舞曲非常棒。
B OK, I’m willing to give it a try. It sounds OK.
B 好,我很愿意去体会一下。听起来可以。
A Good. Let’s plan to go next Friday night. That’s always a good night at the club.
A 好啊。咱们计划下周五晚上去。在夜总会你总能度过一个愉快的夜晚。
B OK. I’ll keep Friday night free and we can go then.
B 好的。我将把周五晚上腾出来,到时候我们就能去了。
A I want to buy some sports shirts and some trainers, too.
A 我想买几件运动衫和几双运动鞋。
B That's a coincidence. So do I!
B 真巧,我也想买!
A You know this area very well. Do you know any good sports shops?
A 你对这一带非常熟悉。你知道哪里有好的体育用品商店吗?
B Well, there are a couple nearby. One has a huge range, but it is expensive. It's got all the top brands.
B 哦,附近有两家。一家卖的品种非常多,但是很贵,最好的品牌商品那里都有。
A And the other one?
A 那另一家呢?
B It has a good range and the prices are reasonable. We can try both shops.
B 品种很多,而且价格合理。两家我们都可以看看。
A Beijing has lots of parks, too.
A 北京也有许多公园。
B Yes, I agree. I love Behai Park and Ritan Park . . . and the Temple of? Heaven Park. You should visit London and see the parks there.
B 是的,我同意。我爱北海公园和日坛公园. . .还有天坛公园。你应该去伦敦看看那里的公园。
A Yes, I’d love to. ?I’d love to go to the 2012 Olympics!
A 是的,我很愿意。我愿意到那里去看2012年的奥运会。
B Yes, you must try and come. You will be surprised at how green London is.
B 是的,你一定要争取来。看到伦敦那么绿你会大吃一惊的。
A Because of the parks?
A 是因为那些公园吗?
B Not only the parks. The weather helps, and there are trees in the streets and in people's gardens as well as in the parks.
B 不仅是公园。天气也起作用,在街道上、私人的庭院里以及公园里都有树木。
A I try to stay slim.
A 我努力保持苗条。
B So do I. But it's hard. You have to exercise and watch your diet.
B 我也是。但是很难。你得做运动,并且注意饮食。
A I know. I'm careful about my diet.
A 我知道。我对饮食很小心。
B So am I. It's healthier to be slim.
B 我也是。苗条更健康。
A Yes, it's healthier and you look better.
A 是的,苗条更健康,而且你看起来更好看。
B And you feel better, too.
B 你也感觉更舒服。
A I hear The Golden Palace restaurant is very good.
A 我听说金王宫饭店非常好。
B Yes, it's excellent. You should try it. The food is very good.
B 是的,非常棒。你应该去那里看看。菜做得非常好。
A Shall we go there this evening?
A 我们今晚去那里好吗?
B Good idea. It's a small restaurant. ?It's best to reserve a table.
B 好主意。那是一家小餐馆,最好先预订一张桌。
A OK. I'll phone and book now.
A 好,我现在就打电话预订。
B If it's full, we can try tomorrow evening.
B 如果餐馆满员,我们可以明天晚上去。
A What would you like to drink?
A 你想喝什么?
B I'd like a beer, please.
B 请来杯啤酒。
A Would you like to try a local beer?
A 你想尝尝地产啤酒吗?
B I certainly would, thanks.
B 我当然愿意,谢谢。
A Well, there are many different kinds. My favourite is Yanjing beer.
A 哦,有很多种地产啤酒。我最喜欢的是燕京啤酒。
B In that case, I'll try that one. And some time, I'd like to try rice wine.
B 那样的话,我就喝燕京啤酒。将来有机会,我想品尝米酒。
A I’d really like to go and see the athletics at the Olympics.
A 我非常想去看奥运会的田径比赛。
B Yes, me too. I’d also like to see that swimming event . . . what’s it called? You know when there are two swimmers together?
B 是的,我也是。我还想看游泳比赛项目. . . 那叫什么来着?就是有两名游泳选手在 一起的的项目?
A Synchronized swimming. I like that too.
A 双人游泳。我也喜欢这个项目。
B Yes, we should try and get and get tickets
B 是的,我们应该想法弄到门票。?
A Yes, t would be good to see it live. The atmosphere will be fantastic.
A 是的,在现场观看会很好。气氛将非常热烈。
A What about that group? They’re speaking English, aren’t they?
A 那群人呢?他们在说英语,是吗?
B Yes. Let me try and listen to the accents.
B 是的。让我来听听他们的口音。
A British? American? What do you think?
A 英国人?还是美国人?你怎么看?
B No neither. They’re not British or American. I think they’re from Australia or New Zealand.
B 都不是。他们既不是英国 人也不是美国人。我想他们是澳大利亚人或者是新西兰人。
A So many tourists! Beijing and China are really popular these days, especially with the Olympics coming.
A 这么多的游客。北京和中国现在都非常受欢迎,尤其是奥运会要召开了。
A Where shall we eat tonight? What kind of food would you like to try?
A 我们今晚在哪里见面?你想吃什么菜?
B I’m not sure. There’s such a wide choice in Beijing.
B 我不确定。在北京有很多的选择。
A How about Thai or Vietnamese? There’s lots of good places.
A 泰国菜或者越南菜怎么样?有很多好地方可去。
B I love Asian food, but I think I’d prefer Italian tonight. I like Italian best of all.
B 我喜欢亚洲菜,但是我想我今晚更想吃意大利菜。我最喜欢意大利菜。
A OK. I know a good Italian restaurant in one of the hotels. Shall we try that?
A 好的。我知道在一家旅馆里有一家不错的意大利餐馆。我们去那里试试好吗?
A There’s a lot of people in the hotel today.
A 今天旅馆里有很多人。
B Yes, lots of tourists and business people.
B 是的,有很多旅游者和商人。
A What about them? I can’t make out the language they’re speaking. It’s not English.
A 那些人呢?我弄不清他们在讲什么语言。他们说的不是英语。
B Let me try and hear them.
B 让我来听听。
A Do you know what the language is? Can you understand it?
A 你知道那是什么语言吗?你能听懂吗?
B Yes, I think it’s Arabic. I think they’re from the Middle East.
B 是的,我想是阿拉伯语。我想他们是从中东来。
A What’s the best way to see the Olympic site?
A 从哪里看奥运会场址最好?
B If you take a taxi or drive, go north round the Third Ring Road. Follow the signs.
B 如果你乘出租车或者自己开车,向北绕三环走。按照路牌的指示走就可以。
A And then I should see it easily?
A 那样我就可以很容易看到奥运会场址吗?
B Yes. It won’t be difficult. You can’t miss it.
B 是的。不难。你一定会看到的。
A I must try and get tickets for the events. I’d love to see it.
A 我一定要设法弄到观看比赛的票。我非常想看比赛。
B Me too. I can’t wait for it to start.
B 我也是。我都迫不及待奥运会的召开了。
A I’ve got a suggestion. Why not have dinner at Houhai – on the lake?
A 我有一个提议。我们为什么不在后海就餐呢?在湖上?
B That sounds a great idea. A boat trip on the lake.
B 听起来是一个非常棒的主意。在湖上乘船游览。
A We could try it this evening. We could take a boat on the lake and have dinner.
A 今晚我们就可以去。我们可以在湖上泛舟,就餐。
B Dinner on the boat? I like that – let’s do it.
B 在船上就餐?我喜欢这个主意——就这么办了。
A OK – I’ll telephone and book it. I’ve got the number. How about 7 o’clock?
A 好——我现在就打电话预订。我有那里的电话号码。今晚7点怎么样?
B Perfect. I’m really looking forward to it.
B 好极了。我热切期待着今晚的到来。
A Let’s go to the club next weekend.
A 咱们下周末去俱乐部。
B OK. We could go next weekend. Is the music good there?
B 好。我们可以下周末去。那里的音乐好吗?
A Yes, there’s great dance music in the nightclub.
A 是的,在夜总会有非常好的舞曲。
B OK, I’ll give it a try. Maybe it’s not too bad.
B 好,那我去看看。也许不太坏。
A Let’s plan to go next Saturday night. That’s always a good night at the club.
A 咱们计划下周六晚上去。在俱乐部的夜晚总是很美好。
B OK. I’ll keep Saturday night free and we can go then.
B 好的。我把周六晚上空出来,到时候我们就可以一起去了。
A Hi! What are your plans for the weekend?
A 你好!你周末有什么计划?
B I don’t really know yet. I’d like to hear some live music.
B 现在还不太清楚。我想听一些现场音乐。
A There are some good clubs for music. Where are you going?
A 有一些不错的酒吧里有音乐。你想去哪里?
B I haven’t decided. Is there somewhere you can recommend?
B 我还没有决定。你能推荐某个地方吗?
A You might find some around Sanlitun, or Houhai or Haidan.
A 你可以在三里屯,后海或者海淀一带找到这样的地方。
B I’ve heard that Haidan was good for clubs. Maybe I’ll try there.
B 我听说后海的俱乐部很不错。也许我该到那里看看。
A Haidan could be a good area for clubs and bars. You should find somewhere with live music.
A 海淀有很好的俱乐部和酒吧。你在那里应该能找到有现场音乐的地方。
B You’re right. I think we will try that at the weekend.
B 你说得对。我想我们周末应该去看看。
A Yes. The nightlife is good there.
A 好的。那里的夜生活很不错。.
B There’s lots of students at the university there and it’s a good atmosphere.
B 那里的大学有很多学生,那里的氛围很好。
A I’m sure you’ll find some good places to go.
A 我肯定你能找到一些好地方。
B I’ll check it out and I’ll tell you all about it next week.
B 我将去转转,然后我下周告诉你结果。
A How was your dinner last night? Was it a good restaurant?
A 你昨天的晚餐怎么样?那家餐馆好吗?
B Yes, it was very good. I really like Mongolian hotpot.
B 好,非常不错。我非常喜欢蒙古火锅。
A Me too! I’d like to try it. Where is the restaurant exactly?
A 我也是!我也想尝尝看。那家餐馆具体在什么位置?
B Well, you know that Korean restaurant we went to last week?
B 哦,你知道我们上周去的韩国餐馆吧?
A Yes, I remember. Is it near that?
A 是的,我记得。离那里近吗?
B Yes, it’s beside it. It’s next to the Korean restaurant.
B 是的,就在它旁边。就在韩国餐馆的隔壁。
A Call me this evening when you arrive at the hotel.
A 今晚你到旅馆后给我打电话。
B Will you be there?
B 你会在旅馆吗?
A Yes, I’ll just wait for you in my room.
A 是的,我会在我的房间里等你。
B OK. I’ll call up from the lobby when I arrive. What’s your room number?
B 好的。我到旅馆大堂后给你打电话。你的房间号是多少?
A My room number is 1336. One-double three-six.
A 我的房间号是1336. 1-3-3-6。
B One-double three-six. OK, see you later this evening. I’ll try and make it for 7 0’clock.
B 1-3-3-6。好的,今晚见。我将争取7点到。
A Are you looking forward to the Olympics?
A 你期待奥运会的召开吗?
B Yes, I can’t wait for them to start. It’s so exciting.
B 是的,我都等不及了。它是如此地激动人心。
A I think the atmosphere in Beijing will be great.
A 我想北京的气氛将非常热烈。
B I know. What’s your favourite event in the Olympics?
B 我知道。你最喜欢的奥运会项目是什么?
A I like the athletics events and the team sports.
A 我喜欢田径项目和团体项目。
B I love all the swimming events. I must try and get tickets.
B 我喜欢所有的游泳项目。我一定要设法弄到票。
A I’d really like to go and see the swimming at the Olympics.
A 我非常想去看奥运会的游泳比赛。
B Me too. I want to try and get tickets for some of the events.
B 我也是。我想设法弄到一些比赛项目的门票。
A Yes, it would be great to see it live. The atmosphere will be fantastic.
A 是的,在现场观看的话将很棒。气氛将非常热烈。
B I know. It’s always more exciting than watching it on TV.
B 我知道。在现场总是比在电视上看紧张激烈得多。
A I think you can apply online for Olympic tickets.
A 我想你应该在网上申请购买奥运会的门票。
B Well, let’s try.
B 好吧,咱们试试看。
Do you know a good restaurant?
你知道哪家餐馆好吗?
In Beijing? Yes, lots! What kind of restaurant?
在北京?啊,那太多了。你要什么样的餐馆?
We’d like to try Shanghai cuisine. Do you know a good place?
我们想尝尝上海菜。你知道哪里好吗?
Well, there’s a very good restaurant in the Kunlun Hotel. It specializes in Shanghai food.
哦,在昆仑饭店有一家好餐馆。上海菜是它的特色。
Good. We’ll try that. Where is the Kunlun Hotel?
好, 我们就去那里看看。昆仑饭店在哪里?
It’s best to take a taxi. It’s not so far.
最好乘出租车去。离这里不是很远。
Would you like to come to dinner tonight?
你愿意和我共进晚餐吗?
That would be very nice. Thank you.
那太好了。谢谢你。
Good. We can try Peking Duck. It’s the most famous dish in Beijing.
好。我们可以尝尝北京烤鸭。这是北京最著名的菜肴。
Great. I’d love to taste it.
好极了,我愿意品尝。
We’ll go to Quan Jude. It’s one of the oldest and best Peking Duck restaurants in Beijing.
我们将去全聚德。这是北京最好、最古老的烤鸭店之一。
Good to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你。
And it’s good to see you again too.
我也很高兴再次见到你。
Would you like some tea? Try some of our wonderful green tea.
想喝茶吗?来尝尝我们非常棒的绿茶。
Thanks. That sounds good.
谢谢。听起来不错。
You can choose lots of different kinds of tea. There’s jasmine, chrysanthemum, lots of flavors.
有很多种类供你选择。有茉莉花茶,菊花茶,很多不同的口味。
Chrysanthemum sounds interesting. Can I try that?
菊花茶听起来很有意思。我能尝尝吗?
Try some green tea / 尝尝绿茶;
Try the chicken dish / 尝尝鸡肉;
Try some Chinese wine / 尝尝中国酒。
Where can I see a football match in Beijing?
在北京哪里可以看到足球比赛?
Usually there’s a match at the Worker’s Stadium.
通常在工人体育馆有足球比赛。
On what day?
星期几有?
Usually Sundays.
通常在周日。
Is the Stadium far?
体育馆远吗?
No. Twenty minutes by taxi.
不远。乘出租车20分钟就到。
Well, I might go there.
哦,我可能去那里。
I can check if there is a match. I will try to get you tickets.
我看看那里有没有比赛。我会尽力给你弄到票。
I’d like to buy some sports trainers, for running.
我想买运动鞋,跑步用的。
There’s a good sports shop in the shopping mall.
在购物中心有一家很不错的体育商店。
Good. I’ll go there. Maybe I’ll get some other sports clothes too.
好,我要去那里。也许我还将买运动服。
Do you go running?
你跑步吗?
Yes. It’s a good way to keep fit and healthy.
是的。跑步是保持身体健康、强壮的好方法。
Maybe I should try it too.
也许我也应该试试跑步。
Good to see you again. Where are you going?
很高兴再次见到你。你去哪里?
I’m going back to my hotel.
我正要回饭店。
There’s a very good Cantonese restaurant in your hotel.
在你的饭店里有一家非常好的广东菜馆。
In my hotel? I didn’t know that. Where is it?
在我的饭店里?我不知道。在哪里?
I think it’s on the 4th floor. You should try it.
我想在4楼。你应该去看看。
Ok, I will. The Cantonese restaurant on the fourth floor. Thanks for that information.
好的,我会的。广东 菜馆在4楼。谢谢你提供的信息。
You’re welcome. Enjoy it.
不客气。好好品尝。
A Have you tried the Thai restaurant in your hotel?
A 你去过你下榻的宾馆的那家泰国餐厅了吗?
B Yes, it was OK. I quite like Thai food.
B 是的,那个还可以。我挺喜欢泰国风味的。
A Do you prefer Chinese cuisine?
The results are stopped at 1000th line. 257 paragraphs, 1000 lines displayed. Top
(Alt+Z : Reinput words.) (You can doubleclick on the English words you are searching for.)